Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dual accounts?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

Ah right, so @ Martin's brother, are you saying that Martin_94, your brother, who is banned from AHs is allowing you into his account to plead your case re, starting an account with boards?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Martin_94 wrote: »
    Yes.

Hi Martin_94, your brother sounds just like you, have you any way of proving that I'm not talking to you now?

There is nothing to stop your brother signing up to boards btw, does he have a particular user name in mind?

You can Pm it to me if you don't want to post it here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

hondasam wrote: »
    what's your brother's name?

Mark
    Hi Martin_94, your brother sounds just like you, have you any way of proving that I'm not talking to you now?

No I don't, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

As someone (who is drunkish) and has no say in this, I say give his "brother" the benefit of the doubt, just because if Martin_94 is trying to evade a forum ban that means he gets a site ban, as I am sure he knows....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 307 ✭✭CodyJarrett

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

My brother want's to start an account on the same computer. I've been banned from after hours. Will he be allowed start one up. I've heard starting one up if you've been banned from somewhere is frowned upon, but it's not for me it's for my brother.
    Providing your brother hasn't been banned before, he's perfectly welcome to create an account to post on boards.
    Hi Keith, this is Martin's brother writing this.

I think I would be a very good poster in After Hours, and I can guarantee I will not behave like my younger immature brother.

In addition all of my posts will spark intelligent discussion and unrivaled debates, all of which will be carried out in accordance with the boards.ie guidelines.
    Please stick to the one account, don't share accounts. Your account is your responsibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I've been banned (unfairly) for awhile now. He's only just heard about boards.

I detest violence and would not resort to hitting him.

And yet he's made it clear that he wants to post on the forum that you've been banned from.....even though he's only just heard of Boards??

Hmmmmmm.........

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Fucking hell, I can smell the bullshit coming from this thread all the way over in After Hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭southcentralts

F*** YEAH,
    Can I get some accounts for my whole family too.
    Trollie McTrolls-a-lot,
    Spammy McSpams-all-over-the-place,
    and
    Shilly McShills-with-mad-skills.

(Bit of a dynamic family life so I don't mind if you want to keep them out of AH)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

F*** YEAH,
    Can I get some accounts for my whole family too.
    Trollie McTrolls-a-lot,
    Spammy McSpams-all-over-the-place,
    and
    Shilly McShills-with-mad-skills.

(Bit of a dynamic family life so I don't mind if you want to keep them out of AH)

Man, your parents are really bad at picking names.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭southcentralts

Well mam knew right from the start their lives would land them in prison so she didn't put much effort in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭oxo_

Folks, I presume it's ok for like your other half to also have an account here in boards or adverts.ie yeah ? I ask as I know my missus does, on adverts.ie anyway for buying stuff, actually don't know what her account name is (PM me please, I want to spy on her ! ... no wait don't...).

I presume that's ok though yeah ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

My brother want's to start an account on the same computer. I've been banned from after hours. Will he be allowed start one up. I've heard starting one up if you've been banned from somewhere is frowned upon, but it's not for me it's for my brother.
    Hi Keith, this is Martin's brother writing this.

I think I would be a very good poster in After Hours, and I can guarantee I will not behave like my younger immature brother.

In addition all of my posts will spark intelligent discussion and unrivaled debates, all of which will be carried out in accordance with the boards.ie guidelines.
    This is Martin again, yeah that was my brother. I allowed him to write that message. He's not re-starting an account though, it'll be his first account.
    Who needs AH?

The best threads are on Feedback. . . . . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭RUCKING FETARD

Where To wrote: »
    Who needs AH?

The best threads are on Feedback. . . . . .
    +1 to this though...eh some of it.

AH use to be brill, must read everyday, now.....a peek a month.

Whatever happened?

Anyone remember when Keith was funny?:eek:

Ah well...

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

oxo_ wrote: »
    Folks, I presume it's ok for like your other half to also have an account here in boards or adverts.ie yeah ? I ask as I know my missus does, on adverts.ie anyway for buying stuff, actually don't know what her account name is (PM me please, I want to spy on her ! ... no wait don't...).

I presume that's ok though yeah ?
    Your partner is fully able to create an account here! That's not a problem (providing she adheres to our ToU). Sorry, can't tell you her username if she has an account :)

Thanks.

Thinking about it though, can you imagine if you got into some heated discussion about something really weird, got infracted maybe, possibly banned. Then found out the other person you were arguing with was your missus :eek:

Gordon, is it possible to disassociate your account on Boards with Adverts ?
    That's probably the wrong way to say it, hmm...

If say I wanted to close my account on boards.ie - could I keep it open for adverts.ie or would I just have to make another account for adverts.ie after first closing my account on boards.ie and would anything like that be frowned upon ?

I don't actually use adverts.ie but I envisage doing so, but I also don't really want to post any more on boards.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I don't actually use adverts.ie but I envisage doing so, but I also don't really want to post any more on boards.

It may be a bit radical, but there is always the option of just not posting...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Gordon, is it possible to disassociate your account on Boards with Adverts ?
    That's probably the wrong way to say it, hmm...

If say I wanted to close my account on boards.ie - could I keep it open for adverts.ie or would I just have to make another account for adverts.ie after first closing my account on boards.ie and would anything like that be frowned upon ?

You don't seem to have an active adverts.ie account yet...

Either way, closing your boards account has no effect on your adverts account.

Thanks Steve.

Advertisement