Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Too hot

• 28-06-2012 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭

So for the last few nights I've been sleeping naked cause well its just too hot for clothes...in bed that is.
    Anyone else found themselves having to sleep naked the past few nights?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Tis fierce mild.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

I always sleep naked, easier access to rip the nutsack off myself if I wake up with a horn on me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Brain Stroking

blacklilly wrote: »
    So for the last few nights I've been sleeping naked cause well its just too hot for clothes...in bed that is.
    Anyone else found themselves having to sleep naked the past few nights?

No but i'm willing to try it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

I always sleep naked, I hate the feeling of clothes in bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

I've been sleeping naked since I was 15. Winter or summer, it doesn't matter nothing is comfier!:D

• Advertisement

I always sleep naked, easier access to rip the nutsack off myself if I wake up with a horn on me.

You old romantic you...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭blacklilly

Im probably going to continue sleeping naked, way more comfortable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Tis fierce mild.

Close too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,664 ✭✭✭policarp

I sleep naked most nights. . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Every night!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

This humidity is a feckin killer.
    Seriously though, yeah, been wearin less in bed & no duvet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Tis fierce mild.
    Close too

Great drying in it..

(mostly)

Yeah this humidity is awful. Had my window open Tuesday night but there was s badger outside making a serious racket so had no option but to get naked

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

yeah same problem the weather is very clammy i keep at least one or two windows of the house open(not them all obviously),but ya theres dust every where so spent a lot of time hoovering and tidying things up cleaning surfaces off and that,usually do it once a week but had to do it yesterday as well..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

1ZRed wrote: »
    I've been sleeping naked since I was 15. Winter or summer, it doesn't matter nothing is comfier!:D

Same here, haven't worn clothes to bed since I was about 12 regardless of the time of year. Even in winter at -5 I have the bed nice and toasty in about 5 mins. Don't use blankets or anything.

No but i'm willing to try it

You should, its liberating

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

there was s badger outside making a serious racket so had no option but to get naked

Yes that'll scare him off.

Sleeping commando rocks btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

June, July and August is monsoon season in Ireland. Mild and wet, makes a pleasant change from the winter when its cold and wet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

It's too hot!! I can't handle it...stuck in the car for most part of the day with my clothes stuck to me :( as soon as I got home the clothes were whipped off :D I honestly felt like climbing into the fridge.

Sky King wrote: »
    Yes that'll scare him off.

Sleeping commando rocks btw.

Haha that badger never looked happier

• Advertisement

Have to wear pants. Imagine there was a fire and there's me with no pants :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

I never get changed before going to bed. I just get in a sleep. Sometimes I dont even take off my shoes. Was always the first one out when the fire alarms go off. Its nice to be warm while other are in their underwear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

Had this conversation with a firefighter once. He said if there's a fire in your house and you have to get threw the flames, do you really think your clothes will survive?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

or just go for a whizzzz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

Feels like I'm wearing nothing at all..nothing at all.....nothing at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

None of you would survive a day in Florida!

Have to sleep with boxers. Otherwise, things get in the way!

And if i were to sleep with no duvet, what would protect me from the monsters? :eek:

Sar_Bear wrote: »
    Had this conversation with a firefighter once. He said if there's a fire in your house and you have to get threw the flames, do you really think your clothes will survive?!

He was just trying to get you naked :p

He has a point. It's like wearing clean underwear in case you're in an accident, like your pants will be still clean after you see the bus flying towards you :D

Still though, if the fire is down the other end of the house and I've to go out the window, I'd rather have pants :D

Florida is totally over rated, also there are no such things as monsters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

I always sleep naked. I suffer from heavy night sweats so I sort of have to unless I want an even worse nights sleep.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

ive had terrible bagpeel and betty swallocks over the last couple of days, finding a cold part of the bed is great now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Was talking about it to the old man earlier and he was telling me to quit complaining as it's hitting 38 where he is in the states, and only getting down to 30 degrees at night. It's meant to get even warmer there over the weekend. At least when I open the windows a coolish breeze comes in now and again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Jammy Donut

Pics or ye're all liers!

Florida is totally over rated, also there are no such things as monsters

Walked out of the airport in Florida at night and it was the worst humidity I've ever felt in my life, took a while for me to be able to breath properly. Far worse than any humidity in Ireland even in the height of summer :L

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Imagine...

Walked out of the airport in Florida at night and it was the worst humidity I've ever felt in my life, took a while for me to be able to breath properly. Far worse than any humidity in Ireland even in the height of summer :L

You get used to it though as it's consistent , Irish weather has a way of teasing us :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

I never take off my lucky Y-fronts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Use the covers to cool you down. There's a technique to it that I've mastered.

tan11ie wrote: »
    You get used to it though as it's consistent , Irish weather has a way of teasing us :cool:

Yeah ye do, after a while.
    But I have to say I enjoy humidity in Ireland, there's almost always a breeze here and it's nice :D

Where To wrote: »
    I never take off my lucky Y-fronts.

They can't be that lucky so :P

Yeah ye do, after a while.
    But I have to say I enjoy humidity in Ireland, there's almost always a breeze here and it's nice :D

Not where I am..I'd invest in a fan but it's to piss from tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

They can't be that lucky so :P
    Lucky for them :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭southsiderosie

It's too hot!! I can't handle it...stuck in the car for most part of the day with my clothes stuck to me :( as soon as I got home the clothes were whipped off :D I honestly felt like climbing into the fridge.

YOU DON'T KNOW ABOUT HOT...
    Super-Rush wrote: »
    Was talking about it to the old man earlier and he was telling me to quit complaining as it's hitting 38 where he is in the states, and only getting down to 30 degrees at night. It's meant to get even warmer there over the weekend. At least when I open the windows a coolish breeze comes in now and again.

I am visiting family in Chicago, where it is 39 degrees (101F) and sunny right now. :mad:

And I am sleeping in the only bedroom in the house without air conditioning. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭supernova84

I just lie out in my hammock at night between two trees in the garden...naked of course

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

I started sleeping in the nip about six months ago and now I hate wearing jammies. It can get a little dodgy though if the cat comes under the covers :eek:

YOU DON'T KNOW ABOUT HOT...

I am visiting family in Chicago, where it is 39 degrees (101F) and sunny right now. :mad:

And I am sleeping in the only bedroom in the house without air conditioning. :(

Well I feel for ya...I experienced that type of heat when I was in Mexico...nearly killed me it did. My poor Irish body is just not cut out for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I keep my boxers on, the window ajar, and one leg sticking out from underneath the duvet :-)

Theres no breeze where I am either!
    I remember sleeping naked on a hot night last year and my brothers friend came into my round the next morning, duvet on the floor. Was kinda awkward

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,592 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I'm only back in Ireland since Monday night. Prior to this, I'd be dealing with 40-50 degree heat during the day, and 30-35 degree hear at night. Yet, Ireland is being a bastard and this 'mild' weather is impossible to deal with.

Where To wrote: »
    Lucky for them :p

That's not what they said....yeah they are actually talking now!! next they will be walking off ya :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

Jester252 wrote: »
    I never get changed before going to bed. I just get in a sleep. Sometimes I dont even take off my shoes. Was always the first one out when the fire alarms go off. Its nice to be warm while other are in their underwear

Who goes to bed with shoes on for fecks sake. I mean honestly :mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement