Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC - Unstable line?

• 28-06-2012 10:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭

Hi everyone

Just wondering if any users of UPC are having the same problems i have been having, they started last summer and after about 3 months on and off the phone to them they sorted the problem, Around the January mark the line started to become really unstable, And what i mean by unstable is I get anything between 8 - 200 jitter from 4 pm until about 2 am, I know it is probably due to congestion but what i dont understand is that 5 mins up the road from me my friend is on the same deal as me and he has 0 - 3 jitter but he has stable jitter (doesn't fluctuate), Reasons i know mine is fluctuating is because I played Counterstrike and Call of duty 4 (promod) at a very high competitive standard and it is extremely noticeable when playing online (its not a server side issue as i have had irish people close by me test servers etc). I have been on the phone to UPC for the past 4 months and the only response i seem to get from them is "Your line is completely fine there is no issues" When there clearly is, alot of the customer support teams haven't got a clue! i have been onto many different people and they all tell me to restart my router or tell me there is nothing wrong with my line, its the same response over and over and over! ..... it is getting to the point where I am ready to just cancel my net with UPC, The customer support is a load of my ass excuse the language, the service they are providing me is way below par for what I am paying for and I am a very unsatisfied customer! Rant over

TL;DR
    Extremely High Jitter (Latency) on my line, But not just Latency issues (Really unstable jitters jumping from anything between 8-200)

Sometimes Speed drops from 25-30 meg to 8 or below (another sign of instability)

Has anybody else had this problem ? what was done to help you or are you in my situation ?

Advertisement