Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Single bale lifter

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 839 ✭✭✭Dampintheattic

Muckit wrote: »
    If the quality of the Cashel's lifter is like their transport boxes, forget it! Fleming is supposed to be good, but is €430 a little steep?
    Oh forgot to say the pins and clips were with the one I bought, which is worth a fair bit when dealing with that price range

Have a Cashels bale lifter. My contractor makes five foot bales. Approx fifty percent heavier than normal four foot bale.
    Bale lifter is as good today as new. Had a lot of five foot abuse got to date.

Neighbour has a new version of mine. Looked heavier and stronger in my mind.
    Always was of opinion Cashels equipment was well made.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭adne

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Have a Cashels bale lifter. My contractor makes five foot bales. Approx fifty percent heavier than normal four foot bale.
    Bale lifter is as good today as new. Had a lot of five foot abuse got to date.

Neighbour has a new version of mine. Looked heavier and stronger in my mind.
    Always was of opinion Cashels equipment was well made.

Well that's good to hear. That's the real proof. We've a cashels transport box and it would want to be f**ked in the nearest bog hole. And it's not for the amount of work it has done.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭kowtow

adne wrote: »

Any idea how much that one is?

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Conor556

kowtow wrote: »
    Any idea how much that one is?

Around €1200 I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭adne

Conor556 wrote: »
    Around €1200 I think

Im considering it as i have a low loader but its too high to get the bales on to it and i dont have a front loader.

Also my own handler is ready for scrap heap.

So my options are

A. Buy a spike and a bale trailer
    Or
    B. buy this and use my existing low loader.

Has anyone used it or have one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭towzer2010

Muckit wrote: »
    If the quality of the Cashel's lifter is like their transport boxes, forget it! Fleming is supposed to be good, but is €430 a little steep?
    Oh forgot to say the pins and clips were with the one I bought, which is worth a fair bit when dealing with that price range

Muckit what sort of one do you have?

I have a cashels 7" powerbox and I thought its very well made. You have me worried now that it wont last.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

towzer2010 wrote: »
    Muckit what sort of one do you have?

I have a cashels 7" powerbox and I thought its very well made. You have me worried now that it wont last.

No it's a transport box not a powerbox I have. Very bad trip design on them. I should (and probably will still) have bought a Mckenna

• Closed Accounts Posts: 839 ✭✭✭Dampintheattic

adne wrote: »
    Im considering it as i have a low loader but its too high to get the bales on to it and i dont have a front loader.

Also my own handler is ready for scrap heap.

So my options are

A. Buy a spike and a bale trailer
    Or
    B. buy this and use my existing low loader.

Has anyone used it or have one?

Yes. One guy in this area, has sold quite a few of them. Popular with fellas who can't justify a loader, but need something to do a bit of stacking, or loading bales onto a trailer.

Saw one working stacking bales. Very handy, and in my opinion look strong and well made. Just my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭mayota

Anyone using the Cashels ducks foot handler? Would they be a better option at €500 over the standard handler at €360?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,448 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

mayota wrote: »
    Anyone using the Cashels ducks foot handler? Would they be a better option at €500 over the standard handler at €360?

Never liked the ducks handler. It used to burst alot of bales on us

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭mf2909

I have a Nugent handler bought new 3 yrs ago. Paint work on them is not the best, it blisters and has rust spots then. They also tend to bag a bit when empty, there is play in the tip area of it. wouldnt buy one again.
    Neighbour has a mckenna one, Mighty yoke.

Advertisement