Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you read in the bathroom?

• 28-06-2012 11:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭

I can't get my head around how a person could read a book or magazine while making a deposit or draining the lizard. Do you read in the bathroom?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭ceegee

It's the primary reason I have a smart phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

When im settled in for a long haul yep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Jammy Donut

ceegee wrote: »

As above, Often read and post on Boards while doing my business :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Magazines, the TV listings, back of the shampoo bottle, or the smart phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Read while on the toilet?

I'm doing a barry white as we speak!
    *ploop*

:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭baldbear

Ohh yes. Shampoo bottles etc. Aldi/lidl material is the best whilst sitting on the throne.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Of course not. Some people treat the toilet as a santuary, when it's just a place to void your bowels.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,593 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

There's nothing better to sit back and relax while moistening a nut log from within. Reading through a story, I choose which paragraph shall be the start of the evacuation procedure. Struggling to concentrate and clearly see the letters, the tears build up in my eyes, as my knees rise, as a darkened moist baguette plops from within.
    Sit back, wipe the tears from your eye, reading on, knowing the spicy nutty aroma absorbs into the freshly smelling paper of your book.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,664 ✭✭✭policarp

Crosswords and Sudokus, great to work things out in the W.C.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 441 ✭✭Ddad

Takes your mind off the filthy act. I also read during sex, washing up, muddy walks, handwashing etc DDDDUUUURRRRRTTTTTYYYYY.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Nope, in, get the business done, wash hands and get out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

No time, not in long enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭tempura

Yep , I do and I have the entire collection of these

http://bathroomreader.com/books-2/

You can learn things on the loo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

policarp wrote: »
    Something something vowels something bowels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Yep. Otherwise it's just time you're not getting back.

Getting all 3 stars on an angry birds level never felt better!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Yep I read, and I've often replied to threads while moving my bowels :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Palytoxin

I squat and surf, it's the best!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,161 ✭✭✭rednik

policarp wrote: »

Especially the super sudoku in the indo on Sat. Made for that tougher crap.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭nua domhan

I sometimes sit with the laptop so long i get pins and needles in my legs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Do you read in the bathroom?
    Nope, toilet ninja. In and out in record time, not a thing left out of place, and I leave a window ajar so it looks like I might have escaped that way.

What's up with people leaving the door and window closed after they've taken a smelly crap, like it's important that they contain the smell for as long as possible for the next unfortunate? Is it like a joke like a dutch oven, or is there some logic to it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Anyone using the toilet long enough that they need to read something has health issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

I don't need any of that.

I basically end up searching for the meaning of life, plan the future, update my list of enemies and figure out all of my little worldly problems while unleashing the mighty brown battering ram on the gates of Rome. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭lookitsme

i have a mini library next to my porcelain throne. when you know you are going to be engaged for a while why not browse some "toilet trivia" some chap once said "every action has a positive and negative reaction" in other words a well planned trip to the john can result in loosing some fecal weight but gaining so much useless information. a win win situation in my book (qi. the book of general ignorance at the moment)

tip from the top number 23: if you feel yourself getting interested in your read, stop for a minute and wipe up. its harder to do it after it has formed a crust.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Yep! I have a selection of motorbike magazines and a PSP with Grand Theft Auto if I think I may be a while!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

Ah yes.. nothing like having the latest book or bit of tech covered in fecal matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

nua domhan wrote: »
    I sometimes sit with the laptop so long i get pins and needles in my legs.

Is that you Nua?
    http://images.inmagine.com/img/Rubberball/rbv007/rbv0070026.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

I dont usually spend more than about 4 minutes in the bathroom, so no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭ceegee

Firefox11 wrote: »
    Ah yes.. nothing like having the latest book or bit of tech covered in fecal matter.

You're doing it wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭emzolita

The boards app comes in handy here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

There's no point to this thread unless flutterinbantam somehow arrives in...

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Tesco Massacre

I have a book of poetry beside the loo.

April is the cruellest month,
    Breeding lilacs....

*faaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrttttttttt*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

More germs on your phone than the toilet seat:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,386 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

So here i am lying in bed looking at AH to amuse myself to sleep. and then you lot start talking about leisurely dumps. and now i need to go. well ill tell you what, you lot are bloody coming with me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭nacimroc

Have hundreds of books in my toilet bookshelves! I could easily spend an hour reading away whilst ****ting! Don't see why anyone would have a problem with it to be honest!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Yep. It relaxes me. I just sit and wait for nature to take its course rather than forcing it. Nothing worse than a rushed and forced poo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭poppyvally

I can't get my head around how a person could read a book or magazine while making a deposit or draining the lizard. Do you read in the bathroom?

no i'm just in & out, lucky that way I suppose.My OH takes the newsp & emerges half an hour later. T.G for 2 toilets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,570 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I specifically buy a magazine for this very purpose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

I think some people have bad diets and are constipated, otherwise one wouldn't have enough time for a read.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭nacimroc

Min wrote: »
    I think some people have bad diets and are constipated, otherwise one wouldn't have enough time for a read.

Your missing the point. I get up when I'm finished reading, not ****ting! I'd be done with a **** in 5 mins, but I read for ages, then get up! Its more about the reading tbh. Feels great to completely clear out everything though :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,664 ✭✭✭policarp

Skerries wrote: »
    I specifically buy a magazine for this very purpose

Very important to bring some reading material with you to the lavatory.
    You never know the day when you're in there, job done and there's no toilet paper. . .:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Mance Rayder

I am on book 4 of Game of Thrones. All from reading on the Throne!:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Nope.

I try to do what I need to do and get out as soon as possible!

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭fox_1973

even my 7 yr old grabs a book now going to the toilet, all thanks to my OH, my loo downstairs looks like a library sometimes with magazines, books and the resident toilet books in there! Cant say i do it myself.....well only sometimes :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

More germs on your phone than the toilet seat:mad:

tumblr_lpoh9dyUoX1qafrh6.gif

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭PattheMetaller

Ahh the beuty of an iPad. Every newspaper in the world at your fingertips while having a jobby!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I have a copy of Stephen Pile's book of Heroic Failures in the guest jax. Very handy short snippets for reading while pushing brown. Magazine rack in bathroom with the supplements from the Sunday papers. Nothing like Dr Ozzy in the Sunday Times Magazine when crimping off a length.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I never read in the jax but sometimes I have a good old pray depending on the size of the 'log' I'm trying to squeeze out :eek: :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭bren2001

Usually just play a bit of angry birds, get to a level that I find hard, just finish up and leave. That levels for a different day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Of course... I always have a stack of comic books in the bathroom for just that reason.

It's a bit of a family tradition, my parents do it, too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

I wait until the turtle's head is poping out before I go, no time to read at that stage

• Advertisement
Advertisement