Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2013 Recruitment!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Bob Law

Wholetime my man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭wannabe2010

Bob Law wrote: »
    Wholetime my man.

This is SWEET. How you know this may I ask?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭biker701

Excellent, I shall be applying for that then if this falls through, I'm outside the 5 minute zone so would be pointless trying for a retained role.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Bloody IT nonsense.

I have two third level qualifications, both of which had computer modules and still can't tell if their IT qualifications are acceptable.

Also, this GCSE lark, I can't believe I have to route out all my school crap from all that time ago. I can't believe they don't have a mature student equivalent entry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Dekkers

Bloody IT nonsense.

I have two third level qualifications, both of which had computer modules and still can't tell if their IT qualifications are acceptable.

Also, this GCSE lark, I can't believe I have to route out all my school crap from all that time ago. I can't believe they don't have a mature student equivalent entry.
    I know, seems harsh but I guess you could have flunked maths and English GCSE and that's all there really interested in

Dekkers wrote: »
    I know, seems harsh but I guess you could have flunked maths and English GCSE and that's all there really interested in

Hold on....GCSE is the 'junior' of the two? Right?
    And A levels are when you finish school?

GCSEs are done when your 16, A Levels are done when your 18. Did your AC email not list the Irish equilivant that they are accepting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Dekkers

Hold on....GCSE is the 'junior' of the two? Right?
    And A levels are when you finish school?

Yeah that's right

biker701 wrote: »
    GCSEs are done when your 16, A Levels are done when your 18. Did your AC email not list the Irish equilivant that they are accepting?

Yes but it just says GCSEs and not the A-level requirement. A-Level equivelant is what I would have been looking at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭canuck_copper

Just caught up on a week's worth of posts. Sorry to hear that Gee, Highbury and alot of other good people failed. It makes the wait till February a whole lot longer! For all that passed good luck in the next part!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

Yes but it just says GCSEs and not the A-level requirement. A-Level equivelant is what I would have been looking at.

Are you from the South? If so its the basic Leaving you need to have, its GCSE equivalent!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭soalpy

Don't know if it would interest anyone here, but the Fire Service may be recruiting in March.

Also heard this - march or April. They are taking in one more class in January from the merit list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Bob Law

This is SWEET. How you know this may I ask?

Pal was at the Firefighters Union AGM. Was raised there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭wannabe2010

Pal was at the Firefighters Union AGM. Was raised there.

You're well connected ;) will remember to keep you on side :P

Are you from the South? If so its the basic Leaving you need to have, its GCSE equivalent!

Yeah thanks.
    My email is gmail so I didn't see that the message was cropped and that there was more info at the bottom.

Now to sort out the IT issue.
    Would have assume the IT module of a HND would have covered it.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭VES86

Tim89 wrote: »
    Not true buddy I was on to BCS and so was the fella that's doing my ECDL on Thursday, the date on the certificate will be the date they have received results, checked and then Validated... Was told the absolute minimum that it takes is two working days....

Hence test thurs, they receive and check fri, certificate validated Monday 2nd Dec.... Squeaky bum time for a while but got it done lol :)

thats where i did mine, was marked on the spot and marks sent through to the board. got my cert back two weeks later dated the day i sat mine

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Tim89

VES86 wrote: »
    thats where i did mine, was marked on the spot and marks sent through to the board. got my cert back two weeks later dated the day i sat mine

Where do you mean by " that's where I did mine " ?

I made an appointment for a test date, went to the bryson group (as part of its work its operates tech classes) sat the tests, it was marked after each test and the marks were submitted to the exam board. They contacted me two weeks later to come and collect my certificate

I made an appointment for a test date, went to the bryson group (as part of its work its operates tech classes) sat the tests, it was marked after each test and the marks were submitted to the exam board. They contacted me two weeks later to come and collect my certificate

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Tim89

VES86 wrote: »

I dunno about the Bryson group but mines done and dusted anyway, they must of fast tracked your results or something...

I dunno about the Bryson group but mines done and dusted anyway, they must of fast tracked your results or something...

that's a possibility as I know there was a few people on these boards that had appointments before me so the examiner knew the score. if thats the case i rate them more so now! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45 mahoney1

Hey guys and gals, was just wondering if you all thought whether there would be some sort of discrimination this time around now that 50/50 has been done away with. I know they shouldn't be allowed to do it but to keep the recommended level of 30% of RC's I'm sure they'll have to do something, maybe in a covert way. I know they were targeting people from they north west area but is this going to keep up the numbers?? Realistically there are going to be more non RC's applying which in turn means more chance for more non RC's to get in. (BTW I have no problem with that). It's just I would see a fall in the magic number over the next few years. ( I could be well wrong though) What do you think??

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭wanadrum

mahoney1 wrote: »
    Hey guys and gals, was just wondering if you all thought whether there would be some sort of discrimination this time around now that 50/50 has been done away with. I know they shouldn't be allowed to do it but to keep the recommended level of 30% of RC's I'm sure they'll have to do something, maybe in a covert way. I know they were targeting people from they north west area but is this going to keep up the numbers?? Realistically there are going to be more non RC's applying which in turn means more chance for more non RC's to get in. (BTW I have no problem with that). It's just I would see a fall in the magic number over the next few years. ( I could be well wrong though) What do you think??

I don't think they can do anything to discriminate - just a targeted campaign.

mahoney1 wrote: »

That's not discrimination. It's wanting more applicants from that area. If they get the numbers of RCs applying up, they get more RCs in. Which seems completely fair to me. And honestly, yeah, it might fall a bit. All you have to do is witness the attitude of student age people I work in. But at the same time, I'm totally heartened by how many individuals sidle up and want to talk about recruitment, when their friends aren't with them.

But no, there won't be a stealth form of discrimination. With how heavily monitored it is these days, if you deserve to get in you'll get in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Martykel3

I didnt make it through guys :(:(:(:(:(:( could cry right now tbh!!!!!

I received my email whilst on holiday in Austrilia.. Made me sick reading it.

Well I have heard the fire service are recuiting next year so I have that to work towards. Still totally gutted.

Well done to everyone on here that progressed to the next stage..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Timetravel

Basically gave up on the idea that they might drop the pass mark by 1 today so started packing all my materials up for the next time, pretty disheartening to do!

Also I've heard that they may have a new campaign in 2014. With the process starting from square one again. I personally think this is highly unlikely but just wondering if anyone else has heard similar chat?

TT

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭MissWillow12

Timetravel wrote: »
    Basically gave up on the idea that they might drop the pass mark by 1 today so started packing all my materials up for the next time, pretty disheartening to do!

Also I've heard that they may have a new campaign in 2014. With the process starting from square one again. I personally think this is highly unlikely but just wondering if anyone else has heard similar chat?

TT

I was chatting to couple of people and they said 2014 for a new campaign too so fingers crossed for then Timetravel!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Joe_Bloggsy

I was chatting to couple of people and they said 2014 for a new campaign too so fingers crossed for then Timetravel!

I think they are using this current recruitment campaign to fill the additional posts in 2014. Think the top 500 placed in merit list after AC and this to be used for the 100 jobs this year and then the rest to be used for the 378 or so needed next year.

I think they are using this current recruitment campaign to fill the additional posts in 2014. Think the top 500 placed in merit list after AC and this to be used for the 100 jobs this year and then the rest to be used for the 378 or so needed next year.

Who knows what's going to happen but those that I was speaking with have been very well informed bout the campaign in the past about what is going to happen and they said 2014 will have a new one. Now that could mean next December or so still a year away but for those of us who didn't make it this time it gives a little hope!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 Joe_Bloggsy

Who knows what's going to happen but those that I was speaking with have been very well informed bout the campaign in the past about what is going to happen and they said 2014 will have a new one. Now that could mean next December or so still a year away but for those of us who didn't make it this time it gives a little hope!!

Good news if that is the case, considering AC only ends end feb and time for vetting, medicals, then 21 weeks at GV then December seems very feesible

Good news if that is the case, considering AC only ends end feb and time for vetting, medicals, then 21 weeks at GV then December seems very feesible

Yeah if they use the same list for 2014 for the extra officers if funding is granted then a new campaign starting end of next year could happen by the time the whole process begins again you would be talking probably second half of 2015 for GV for the next recruits of a new campaign to go in so it could be possible and Deloitte were given a 3 year contract. Like I say who knows but these people were fairly sure another campaign in 2014 would happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 nescafegold

Hey all, I just got confirmation from the recruitment team that us old schoolers with CCEA GCSE 'Information Systems' can use this as our ICT equivalent.

I know there was someone earlier in this or the other thread trying to figure this out, like me. Up until now the recruitment team were very non-committal. Also take note that they do not specify grade A-C for this one either, so a grade D (for example) is considered a 'pass' and enough to get through :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Scii

Hi everyone, really needing help. I took the recent IST and was looking forward to obtaining my result, in the interim period between taking the test and the results being emailed to me.
    O2 my email account provider has closed there email service and I can not access said it email account.
    I email the company carrying out the recruitment on behave of the PSNI on the 26th of last month to advise of this but still have had no reply I used this email address.

info@joinpsni.co.uk

Now I am at a loss as what to do to obtain my result. Any help would be very much appreciated in this matter.

Thank you.

Scii wrote: »
    Hi everyone, really needing help. I took the recent IST and was looking forward to obtaining my result, in the interim period between taking the test and the results being emailed to me.
    O2 my email account provider has closed there email service and I can not access said it email account.
    I email the company carrying out the recruitment on behave of the PSNI on the 26th of last month to advise of this but still have had no reply I used this email address.

info@joinpsni.co.uk

Now I am at a loss as what to do to obtain my result. Any help would be very much appreciated in this matter.

Thank you.

Phone them up immediately, if you have passed you may have missed your AC date. Do you still have your UID number?

info@joinpsni.co.uk

Thank you.

You really should have made a more continuous effort nearer the time, for all you know your AC could have been last week!

I would find the number for Deloitte recruitment office in Belfast and i would also email them with URGENT in the email heading if you can't make verbal contact with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Scii

Thank you for your replies.
    I noticed this on the 26th that O2 closed their email accounts. I looked for a contact number but was unable to find one. I emailed them immediately with urgent and my UID in the title. I did receive an automated response to not contact for ten working days and that my email would be dealt with in due course. I have email twice since then. Don't know what else to do.

Thank you for your replies.
    I noticed this on the 26th that O2 closed their email accounts. I looked for a contact number but was unable to find one. I emailed them immediately with urgent and my UID in the title. I did receive an automated response to not contact for ten working days and that my email would be dealt with in due course. I have email twice since then. Don't know what else to do.

http://bit.ly/18zuePB

Number you're looking for is on the right i believe!

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

Provided you passed your IST I think Deloitte may not look favourably on this.

Just had a look re O2 emails. It says they shut down on 1st November so you might be in bother unless they are willing to resend your results.

Get yourself on Gmail; they are not transferring anywhere soon.
    Hopefully you'll get sorted :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭JtmC

Hi all!

Have been a long time lurker on these boards. Forgive me for barging in :p

First applied to the PSNI way back before the recruitment gap. 2010 I think?

However the good news is this time around I passed the IST. I'll be joining those of you in the same boat for the assesment centre those who havn't already done it as of yet.

Best of luck to all.

• Advertisement

Welcome ! :)

When is your big day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭JtmC

AC due early January. Been doing a lot of reading and researching. It will be interesting to see what pops up on the day!

They don't make it easy lol.

You never know, this IT qualification mater could quickly disqualify alot of candidates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Timetravel

Yeah if they use the same list for 2014 for the extra officers if funding is granted then a new campaign starting end of next year could happen by the time the whole process begins again you would be talking probably second half of 2015 for GV for the next recruits of a new campaign to go in so it could be possible and Deloitte were given a 3 year contract. Like I say who knows but these people were fairly sure another campaign in 2014 would happen.

Before I lost out on this campaign I thought myself that they would definitely use this merit list for the next few recruitment drives especially when they have specifically said that the merit list will last until March 2015. But on the other hand the tendor for the recruitment campaign that someone posted here about 6 months ago stated 1000 jobs within 3 years with an estimated budget of 5 million, so it wouldn't really make sense financially for them to only recruit from this batch of applicants. Maybe it's just wishful thinking, maybe it's not. god knows what will happen, I just wanted to share that info and see if anyone else heard the same.

TT

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Jb12345

This is taken directly from the psni website.

“Subject to securing additional funding, we hope to be able to appoint up to 378 further student officers from the merit pool of candidates generated by this recruitment campaign.” Deputy Chief Constable Gillespie said

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Toyota 1976

sorry to hear that man i got caught out with ecdl, 2014 there is meant to be a new one around 9,000 applied apx

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Toyota 1976

new at this boards things i have heard loads of rumors some, they osni are looking i think for about 600 over the next three years, i think so it work out about 30 or so new officers every six months if logic is to be applied, as they are loads leaving, plus ones retring, sick leave medical leave, carrerr leave etc, all new can do is wait and see, also i did hear that the psni are meant to be holding two recuritments in one finicail year, ags are now looking for people i am to old, cuts can only go so far

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭soalpy

If people are being realistic, whoever is on this merit list will be the recruitment for all of 2014. There is no way after a three year freeze they will start having a fresh recruitment drive every 6months to a year. I think this is giving false hope for those who failed. I would say at least 2 years before another recruitment drive will take place. It's not cheap to process to process nearly 8,000 candidates

• Advertisement

soalpy wrote: »
    If people are being realistic, whoever is on this merit list will be the recruitment for all of 2014. There is no way after a three year freeze they will start having a fresh recruitment drive every 6months to a year. I think this is giving false hope for those who failed. I would say at least 2 years before another recruitment drive will take place. It's not cheap to process to process nearly 8,000 candidates

I don't mean to give false hope to people who have failed im just letting people know what i have heard. Even if it is false a little bit of hope to us that did fail is better than nothing!! Also i never said they would be recruited for 2014 i said i was informed that a campaign could happen at the end of 2014 for late 2015 intake. Like i said who knows what's going to happen lol

Advertisement