Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2013 Recruitment!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭fingers crossed 2013

bill6001 wrote: »
    cheers bud, they do run the course but apparently u have to be unemployed to get on it, odd. il have to do the one in queens then

They must only have changed this because I did mine there at the end of September and I am employed, sorry it was of no help to you, hope you get sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 32 BarnesLeBeau

cheers bud, they do run the course but apparently u have to be unemployed to get on it, odd. il have to do the one in queens then

how do you get onto the one in Queens. i thought it was for students or staff there only?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Bob Law

There is a South Belfast Resource Center on Sandy Row. They are BCR accredited but the price has doubled since I did it and the demand soared.

I asked QUB and it was for students & staff only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Gee-22

I think the YMCA in Lisburn does it, and there is a place in Newry if that closer to home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Dekkers

Home from work to find my ECDL cert waiting for me. That all fell into place quite nicely :)

Word of warning to those considering doing it. I sat my exam on 25th Oct and the cert is dated 31st Oct so make sure they can guarantee a date of 2nd Dec.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭wannabe2010

RWA61994 wrote: »
    I would suggest if there is going to be a barrage of emails then it will come later on like it did yesterday so keep your heads up everyone.....still plenty of time....wonder how many people will be cut out by the IST?

Approx. 5,000 people cut by IST.

Story of our marvelous system :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Mr.Peanut

Has anyone asked if you have lost your certificate will they accept a certified statement of results as you can't get another certificate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭19087

How do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 BarnesLeBeau

Where'd you hear that?

that means approx 7500 applicants down to 2500 (or less depending on who turned up for IST) for the AC?

• Advertisement

Mr.Peanut wrote: »
    Has anyone asked if you have lost your certificate will they accept a certified statement of results as you can't get another certificate?

Copied from my result email:

At the Assessment Centre you will be required to produce for scrutiny evidence of the qualifications that form a part of your application. Please bring original and photocopies of the following certificates:

· 5 or more GCSEs (or equivalent) at A*-C grade, including Maths and English Language. (You must supply evidence of your having the requisite number of GCSEs or equivalent, and note that by having achieved A-levels or a higher level qualification, without the requisite GCSEs, does not exempt you from having to provide evidence of having the requisite GCSEs).

· Recognised IT qualification. (Recognised IT qualifications include European Computer Driving Licence (ECDL) Essential Level 1, Essential Skills Level 1 ICT, CLAIT Level 1, a pass at GCSE ICT or a Higher Level qualification in an IT related discipline or a module in IT taken by examination as part of a University degree. (Note - A certificate must be provided by the awarding body’s examination office to state that the module was tested by examination and the module content would be at least equivalent to one of the above qualifications. Letters from individual lecturers, professors or other academic staff will not be acceptable).)

NOTE IT SAYS to bring ORIGINAL ANNNNNND PHOTOCOPIES to the AC

Where'd you hear that?

that means approx 7500 applicants down to 2500 (or less depending on who turned up for IST) for the AC?

Oh sorry guys, shoulda stated that is an estimation based on previous campaigns.. they normally cut it down to between 1,000 and 2,000 to attend the AC :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

How many attend each AC?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 bill6001

well im an ex student at queens hopefully thatll be enough....

phoned alot of places, most dont do it any more or you need to be unemployed to get onto the course. frustrating doesnt begin to describe how much of a nightmare this is!!!!

Homer01 wrote: »
    How many attend each AC?

Usually around about 12 people per session init?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Timetravel

How many attend each AC?

Last time there were about 10 people at my AC day.

Copied from my result email:

At the Assessment Centre you will be required to produce for scrutiny evidence of the qualifications that form a part of your application. Please bring original and photocopies of the following certificates:

· 5 or more GCSEs (or equivalent) at A*-C grade, including Maths and English Language. (You must supply evidence of your having the requisite number of GCSEs or equivalent, and note that by having achieved A-levels or a higher level qualification, without the requisite GCSEs, does not exempt you from having to provide evidence of having the requisite GCSEs).

· Recognised IT qualification. (Recognised IT qualifications include European Computer Driving Licence (ECDL) Essential Level 1, Essential Skills Level 1 ICT, CLAIT Level 1, a pass at GCSE ICT or a Higher Level qualification in an IT related discipline or a module in IT taken by examination as part of a University degree. (Note - A certificate must be provided by the awarding body’s examination office to state that the module was tested by examination and the module content would be at least equivalent to one of the above qualifications. Letters from individual lecturers, professors or other academic staff will not be acceptable).)

NOTE IT SAYS to bring ORIGINAL ANNNNNND PHOTOCOPIES to the AC

I see that but seems a bit harsh if lost certificate then ur out of the running , I'll have to email to check

Mr.Peanut wrote: »
    I see that but seems a bit harsh if lost certificate then ur out of the running , I'll have to email to check

You sure that you can't get another official cert posted out to you?

Usually around about 12 people per session init?

Thanks. I did it years ago but can't remember much about it. Very traumatic lol.

Looking forward to it this time though.

Noticed on the email a bit about keeping the email safe, etc. as they will not reissue it :eek:

Think I'll print a few copies when I get home just in case bad things happen. Planning & preparation and all that good stuff.

• Advertisement

Thanks. I did it years ago but can't remember much about it. Very traumatic lol.

Looking forward to it this time though.

Yeah it was all a blur lol.. I'm not too bothered REALLY, just gunna go in, badda bing-badda boom, and swagger outta there lol.. When I wanted it too much in 2010, that was my downfall.

You sure that you can't get another official cert posted out to you?

You can only get one if ur certificate has been defaced or damaged and have to send it off. They will send u a certified results which says is accepted by schools and employers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Timetravel

Yeah it was all a blur lol.. I'm not too bothered REALLY, just gunna go in, badda bing-badda boom, and swagger outta there lol.. When I wanted it too much in 2010, that was my downfall.

I think I was in the same boat in 2010. Had myself convinced that I was 100% going to get in.. How deluded I was!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭PorkProduct

I'm having a bit of trouble believing 5000 people got less than 51 in that test.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Gee-22

I'm having a bit of trouble believing 5000 people got less than 51 in that test.

Likewise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Tyloc

They must only have changed this because I did mine there at the end of September and I am employed, sorry it was of no help to you, hope you get sorted

How much did Bryson charge?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Dekkers

I think the figure who failed will be closer to 3000 (Taking into account non attendance rates at IST)

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭wanadrum

well im an ex student at queens hopefully thatll be enough....

phoned alot of places, most dont do it any more or you need to be unemployed to get onto the course. frustrating doesnt begin to describe how much of a nightmare this is!!!!

Unfortunately not! I tried that one

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭fingers crossed 2013

Tyloc wrote: »
    How much did Bryson charge?

£65, it was £35 to register and then £30 to do the modules for level 1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 bill6001

wanadrum wrote: »
    Unfortunately not! I tried that one

hate to recommend places but bscr on sandy row seemed very helpful £125 and promised to have it dated before the cutoff

Advertisement