Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2013 Recruitment!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

I take it nobody else on here has received an email yet other than those from last night? Everybody thinking maybe around the same time as last night with regards to emails being dispatched?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Gee-22

I take it nobody else on here has received an email yet other than those from last night? Everybody thinking maybe around the same time as last night with regards to emails being dispatched?

Thats what Im hoping. Just had to plug my iPhone onto charge here in work.

The battery is getting one hell of a hammering today.

Gee-22 wrote: »
    Thats what Im hoping. Just had to plug my iPhone onto charge here in work.

The battery is getting one hell of a hammering today.

Lol likewise, this day has been so weird

Lol likewise, this day has been so weird

It has dragged outttttt.

Been awake since 7am checking my phone.

We just need to know either way.

Cant bare the thought of this dragging out past today.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭candidate2013

Would assume so.

I'd rather know today one way or another.

Nothing today is very bad I think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Timetravel

It has dragged outttttt.

Really hope we all hear tonight. Can't bear the thought of another long night with no sleep! I'm hoping we hear at around 7 aswell

It has dragged outttttt.

I totally agree Gee, I don't want to go through all this one more day, if it's not to be then that's it, it's not to be, I'm kinda torturing myself and preparing at the same time for the worst lol, keep on thinking they would've sent unsuccessful emails out at the same time as the successful ones, and if there is 12 or so people to an AC that's a lot of AC's despite how many go through to the assessment, and then I think well there has to be a few thousand that don't make it, and I very well could be just one of the many casualties lol, sod it hopefully later on brings closure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭wannabe2010

Check your emails around 7pm folks, I bet most of you will have your answers.. they're probably working on them all day 9-5 or whatever, and then posting them during overtime at 7pm so that no one can phone them! 3 hours to go guys, hang in there.

P.S. think about it logically.. with that amount of stuff to mark, do you REALLY think they would bother to then order it in terms of pass/fail, alphabetical order, geographical location? Really? They're marking them in bundles, and writing a PERSONALISED email to (potentially) 7500 people!! They're gunna get them all marked correctly, and double checked, perhaps triple checked, and then bang them all out at the end of the day - the ones that they've managed to finish. So stop second guessing and torturing yourselves! Lol

P.S. think about it logically.. with that amount of stuff to mark, do you REALLY think they would bother to then order it in terms of pass/fail, alphabetical order, geographical location? Really? They're marking them in bundles, and writing a PERSONALISED email to (potentially) 7500 people!! They're gunna get them all marked correctly, and double checked, perhaps triple checked, and then bang them all out at the end of the day - the ones that they've managed to finish. So stop second guessing and torturing yourselves! Lol

Okay I'll stop lol :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭fingers crossed 2013

I like your thinking, let's hope you are right

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭MissWillow12

It has dragged outttttt.

I'm with you Gee I don't think I could handle this another day constantly checking my emails and on here to see if anyone else has heard yet. The people around me don't know what's going on lol with me. Hopefully we all hear soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 KissMyAxe

First time poster. Just found this forum by doing a bit of googling on psni recruitment. Wish i had found it a couple of months ago though as I am sure there is a wealth of information over these last 370+ pages.

I got my email through last night, just before 7.30, telling me that I had passed. Best of luck to all of you who are still waiting. I know the wait over the last few weeks had been driving me crazy.

Does anyone know roughly from past campaigns etc how long the results of the AC take? Do you think they will be staggered or just all come out across one week like the ISts?

Okay I'll stop lol :P

Just thinking highbury, you and I were at the same session and neither of us have heard one way or the other, maybe it is being done by session

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭PorkProduct

It's automated man. All computer Organized. Computer marks them, looks at candidates IST dates, geographical location, etc. Puts it all together and finds out when is most appropriate. I suspect that some people who have passed have not received because they are holding off until enough people from geographic location and date based on other factors have accumulated to make the AC cost-effective. Like timetabling classes for schools...

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭MissWillow12

It's automated man. All computer Organized. Computer marks them, looks at candidates IST dates, geographical location, etc. Puts it all together and finds out when is most appropriate. I suspect that some people who have passed have not received because they are holding off until enough people from geographic location and date based on other factors have accumulated to make the AC cost-effective. Like timetabling classes for schools...

I hope your right!

Just thinking highbury, you and I were at the same session and neither of us have heard one way or the other, maybe it is being done by session

Yeah? I think our session was the very first test to be done if I'm honest, could be wrong, but yeah true they only finished the tests recently bar from the overseas lads and lasses, so they've only started marking them recently, suppose we gotta remain calm and wait out the storm lol, I think theyrejust working through without any strategy, as all the tests where done through down south north west central NI south east, belfast bound everywhere

The only thing is the AC are done in a more concentrated area.

Unlike the IST, the AC are only done in a few places.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Dekkers

According to the guidance for applicants all the AC's are done in and around Belfast so I wouldn't overthink when it comes to geography and such

You make a good point.. either way, hold tight folks.. what will be will be

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Tim89

Good luck Gee, Highbury and Willow ... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭19087

Dekkers wrote: »
    According to the guidance for applicants all the AC's are done in and around Belfast so I wouldn't overthink when it comes to geography and such

Mine isn't in the Belfast area at all! And Belfast is far closer to where I live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭19087

Tim89 wrote: »
    Good luck Gee, Highbury and Willow ... :)

Second that. Tonight could be your night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Bob Law

Believe it or not but they are manually marked. A lot of them are only double checked by the marker. The info is then recorded using software and usually this is used alongside a macro to generate the letters.

Each day a batch of letters (in this case e-mails) will be released.

If you haven't heard yet, don't worry. They are highly likely to have been marked in large batches (done as they come in / how the markers arrange their desks) and then all the fails will go out in large batch. Few fails may slip through the net buy by and large it's it's "passes first, then deal with the rest"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Dekkers

19087 wrote: »
    Mine isn't in the Belfast area at all! And Belfast is far closer to where I live.

That's strange. Maybe they found a hotel that they really liked during IST's ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

I hope so, I don't think I could take it much longer though!

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭VES86

Tim89 wrote: »
    J,

It was www.ecdluk.co.uk, or otherwise known as open IT, dirty rats have mugged me right off, I am gonna go after em for a refund and if refused I'm going to take them to court without a shadow of a doubt... I don't even know how many times I emphasised how important it was to be the official certificate and how many times he told me it was, I believed him so mindlessly I didn't even realise the certificate I received actually states that "this is to certify that Tim ******* has passed all the REQUIRMENTS of European Computer Driving License 5.0"

Needless to say I am raging but the light at the end of the dark dingy tunnel of the last 6 hours of worrying is that there's somewhere in Belfast I can sit an Official ECDL this week, and my AC isn't til late Jan so should be enough time for Certs to come through...

You and wanadrum are lifesavers I'd of been completely oblivious til they laughed me out of AC otherwise, thank god for boardies!!

:)

bryson house on bedford street. 65 quid. as long as you sit the test before dec 2nd thats when the cert will be dated and therefore accepted

Yeah? I think our session was the very first test to be done if I'm honest, could be wrong, but yeah true they only finished the tests recently bar from the overseas lads and lasses, so they've only started marking them recently, suppose we gotta remain calm and wait out the storm lol, I think theyrejust working through without any strategy, as all the tests where done through down south north west central NI south east, belfast bound everywhere

Think you are right, first test on the first day

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Tim89

VES86 wrote: »
    bryson house on bedford street. 65 quid. as long as you sit the test before dec 2nd thats when the cert will be dated and therefore accepted

Not true buddy I was on to BCS and so was the fella that's doing my ECDL on Thursday, the date on the certificate will be the date they have received results, checked and then Validated... Was told the absolute minimum that it takes is two working days....

Hence test thurs, they receive and check fri, certificate validated Monday 2nd Dec.... Squeaky bum time for a while but got it done lol :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Lyn1984

I done mine on the 29 Oct hope your right cos I'm losing my mind here

Advertisement