Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2013 Recruitment!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Gee-22

Homer01 wrote: »
    It is madness not to take into account previous attempts and successes.

Don't know you but feel really disheartened for you :(

Cheers. Completely devastated but that's life. I didn't do well enough and just myself to blame.

Best of luck to you going forward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Timetravel

Lyn1984 wrote: »
    They have the cheek to say I realise that this will be a disappointment to you, but please look out for the next recruitment campaign

They said that last time too no mention of the three year wait were probably going to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Twilight2

Another poster on here said the last recruitment they dropped the pass mark by 1 ? Could happen again, although ill not get my hopes up!

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭TheCub

I am not looking forward to my email....It seems to be all bad news tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

Aye best of luck for everyone going forward, and congrats, and I feel for everyone in the same boat as myself, it's been an absolute pleasure posting on here and the general craic has been 90, and I really do wish you all the best and good luck with your applications

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭MissWillow12

Failed by one heartbroken!! Good Luck to all that have passed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Lyn1984

Failed by one heartbroken!! Good Luck to all that have passed!!

I could cry lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Rj408

I too failed the IST, I am compete and utterly gutted.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭PorkProduct

Bob Law wrote: »
    Believe it or not but they are manually marked. A lot of them are only double checked by the marker. The info is then recorded using software and usually this is used alongside a macro to generate the letters.

Each day a batch of letters (in this case e-mails) will be released.

If you haven't heard yet, don't worry. They are highly likely to have been marked in large batches (done as they come in / how the markers arrange their desks) and then all the fails will go out in large batch. Few fails may slip through the net buy by and large it's it's "passes first, then deal with the rest"

They were very specific about ensuring all circles were entirely coloured in, also why multiple choice if hand marked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

Lyn1984 wrote: »
    I could cry lol

Yep same here Jesus Christ the way I feel right now is like ****, failed by one figging mark, I'll be contacting Lothian in the morning, saying if I can still gain entry to tuliallyn if anything this may have been a saving grace as I had til the new year to make a decision, if others are interested there is a lot more police forces out there looking for people I know many will want to stay home etc and the guards are opening up and they would chomp to bits at a northerner lol, but yeah a bit numb and a bit shocked, but there are always to be casualties, it's how we go on from here

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭biker701

Jaysus this is disheartening to read. Gutted for ya's. The Garda are opening recruitment soon so try there. I fear this forum will get a lot quieter considering some of you are the more prolific posters/sources of info:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭19087

They were very specific about ensuring all circles were entirely coloured in, also why multiple choice if hand marked.

It was a computer read answer sheet if ever I saw one, find it hard to believe there is hand marking other than the spelling/grammar test.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 newbie81

Big fat fail for me!

Good luck on your adventure everyone!

Over for me at this stage :(:(

Has there been any good news today??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭wannabe2010

Gee-22 wrote: »
    I have to give up. Been at this for years. This was my sixth crack. Passed everything last time only to miss out due to the freeze.

No idea what I will do now, but I know what I won't be doing.

Its so hard to hear n you'll prob wanna slap me but its for a reason. Trust in that. Maybe there is something you have to do first or yanno who knows. Gutted for you :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

What a sh1t night this is becoming :(

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭ctaylorf

I'm absolutely gutted for you Gee and Highbury. When I first started following this forum way back in Jan you guys were here from the start. But i do believe everything happens for a reason and although it sure as hell won't feel like it right now.. there will be something better for you out there.

Cheers guys. Stuck in work tonight and people keep coming into my office to talk about things. I can barely string a sentence together, never mind deal with questions.

If theres something else for me, I dont see it at the minute.

You won't mate. I got my AC fail letter in 2010 on the day they announced no more recruitment for ages! Lol I honestly cried like a baby for 2 hours. Literally. But time went on and new doors opened to roads I'd never even considered. Now I'm on the verge of launching my own business in an industry that I'm totally in love with but never even thought about until that rejection. And now, to be honest, I'm not even sure what I would say if I was offered the job as a copper. And you have no idea how MUCH I wanted it for a good 20 long years.

Everything will fall into place pal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭PorkProduct

I'm baffled. Are we talking about the same pass mark for everyone ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

Cheers guys. Stuck in work tonight and people keep coming into my office to talk about things. I can barely string a sentence together, never mind deal with questions.

Aye best of luck for everyone going forward, and congrats, and I feel for everyone in the same boat as myself, it's been an absolute pleasure posting on here and the general craic has been 90, and I really do wish you all the best and good luck with your applications

Lads, if you're under 35, the Gardai are recruiting down south here too, the applications are opening in the next few weeks! :)

Lads, if you're under 35, the Gardai are recruiting down south here too, the applications are opening in the next few weeks! :)

I cant move from NI and God knows where you would be based in the ROI.

If I was free and single I would apply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭papa2013

Failed big time.
    sorry to hear that mate. :(

That me out of my misery. failed - 49/75 absolutely gutted. Sorry to hear about all others on the same boat as me maybe Next time. Congratulations to all who passed, Well done.

You won't mate. I got my AC fail letter in 2010 on the day they announced no more recruitment for ages! Lol I honestly cried like a baby for 2 hours. Literally. But time went on and new doors opened to roads I'd never even considered. Now I'm on the verge of launching my own business in an industry that I'm totally in love with but never even thought about until that rejection. And now, to be honest, I'm not even sure what I would say if I was offered the job as a copper. And you have no idea how MUCH I wanted it for a good 20 long years.

Everything will fall into place pal.

Thats my other dream to have my own business, I've worked on a few ideas and have a few business plans drawn up. Just never taken the plunge. Might revisit those plans.

But it will never fill the gap of missing out on THE career for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

Thats it then :(

Is the Belfast Harbour Police an option?

Goonerdee wrote: »
    Thats it then :(

Sorry to hear that :(

But it will never fill the gap of missing out on THE career for me.

You just never know.. just relax, open your mind, see what flows your way and hell, just roll with it. Like I was honestly obsessed with gettin into police.. nothing else would have done.. but now.. I'm not so sure.. good luck in whatever you do.. :)

• Advertisement

Homer01 wrote: »
    Is the Belfast Harbour Police an option?

Yeah I will throw my hat into the ring and see what happens, but its a very long shot.

Advertisement