Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2013 Recruitment!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Timetravel

It would be great if it was lowered by one mark but I think it will be too late by the time the ACs have started so I won't be holding my breath. It's been good being on here for the most part. Good luck to all of you who have got on to the assessment centre. Thanks in particular to PSNI2013, Highburylad, Dekkers, Gee and all the rest of you guys for making this process more enjoyable.

All the best!

TT

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

Cheers TT, all the best with yourself, yeah I think this is my farewell too, I've been posting here since January 2013 when I was told that there will be recruitment commencing this year, it's been good fun and nor do I think a waste, I've learnt a lot and got a lot of experience out of this, which will help me in the future with whatever happens with myself, there is good folks on here that will make good cops and that includes those that didn't make it this time, the PSNI is something I had wanted to do, this time it's not for me, but as I have said before I'm fortunate enough to have other avenues and I always thought in my heart that I would maybe have to go farther a field to get what I want, being a police officer didn't matter where I was as long as I was doing that job, would've been nice to stay at home, but it's not to be, yet!!! I'm a young gun lol and hopefully I'm good to continue with Bonnie Scotland, with that folks I wish all the very best with their applications and those that are in the same boat with me I know it feels like that boat is sinking, but there is other opportunities that will present themselves in the new year and 2014 is a big year for policing if your looking to stay true to this career path, England Scotland Wales and the South are all looking and looking big numbers so if you's are free to expand out a bit then there's other avenues :) but again all the best folks and thank you :)

HighburyLad

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭MissWillow12

Cheers TT, all the best with yourself, yeah I think this is my farewell too, I've been posting here since January 2013 when I was told that there will be recruitment commencing this year, it's been good fun and nor do I think a waste, I've learnt a lot and got a lot of experience out of this, which will help me in the future with whatever happens with myself, there is good folks on here that will make good cops and that includes those that didn't make it this time, the PSNI is something I had wanted to do, this time it's not for me, but as I have said before I'm fortunate enough to have other avenues and I always thought in my heart that I would maybe have to go farther a field to get what I want, being a police officer didn't matter where I was as long as I was doing that job, would've been nice to stay at home, but it's not to be, yet!!! I'm a young gun lol and hopefully I'm good to continue with Bonnie Scotland, with that folks I wish all the very best with their applications and those that are in the same boat with me I know it feels like that boat is sinking, but there is other opportunities that will present themselves in the new year and 2014 is a big year for policing if your looking to stay true to this career path, England Scotland Wales and the South are all looking and looking big numbers so if you's are free to expand out a bit then there's other avenues :) but again all the best folks and thank you :)

HighburyLad

Thank you Highbury for all your posts, updates and help here. Good Luck with your future plans! Hopefully next time it will be our time! Take Care :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Gee-22

The time has come for me also to step aside for my own mental well being. Didn't think I would have to do it this early but there you go. I've no one to blame but myself as I didn't do well enough in the data test.

I've been hanging about the PSNI recruitment thread since 2008 and every time I hope it's my turn but alas the wait goes on.

Good luck to all those that have made the first hurdle and for the few that make it stay safe and enjoy.

For those that don't make it see you back here in 2015! :)

I'm just going to have to look for something else to fill the void - Roll on the new year and new beginnings.

Arrivederci!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Tyloc

Gee-22 wrote: »
    The time has come for me also to step aside for my own mental well being. Didn't think I would have to do it this early but there you go. I've no one to blame but myself as I didn't do well enough in the data test.

I've been hanging about the PSNI recruitment thread since 2008 and every time I hope it's my turn but alas the wait goes on.

Good luck to all those that have made the first hurdle and for the few that make it stay safe and enjoy.

I'm just going to have to look for something else to fill the void - Roll on the new year and new beginnings.

Arrivederci!

Good luck gee

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭MissWillow12

Gee-22 wrote: »

Arrivederci!

Ive just unfollowed the thread cant bear to see email notification anymore lol. Thanks for all your knowledge, help, advice and posts on here Gee! Sorry it didnt work out for you this time!! Fingers crossed next round! Good Luck to you in the future and see you next campaign! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭PSNI2013

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

Sad times tonight :(

Best of luck guys and gals. Hope you give it another shot next time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭fingers crossed 2013

Time for me to sign off as well guys, good luck to everyone who has made it through to the next stage, maybe speak to some of you in 2015

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Dekkers

Just in the door catching up in the evenings posts. Truly heart wrenching. I'm not going to bother with consoling words (are there any?) but echo the sentiments of previous posters.

Just wanted to thank those of you who aren't going through for your contribution, opinion and advice. You know who you are and it genuinely won't be the same around here without many of you.

Going forward, good luck with whatever doors do open for you and take care.

Peace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

Best of luck to the guys leaving us ! Thanks for all the laughs and sorry for being a pain in the ass sometimes ! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭papa2013

Thanks for enduring my crap jokes guys and gals. Sorry to see you go please keep the chin up and give it a blast when it comes around again.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭MD4PSNI

What an awful night for the guys/girls on here. I just want to say thanks to Gee, Willows, Highbury etc etc. Too many to name!!

Iv been following from the start of the year, they always had great input and advice. Sad night tonight as they "sign off". Hope they get on well and things work out for them.

To everyone whos made it, well done guys. Hope everything goes to plan. Roll on christmas then some serious AC prep to be done :-)

Right so who of us left have passed? Thank this post if thats handier !

MD4, Papa, Dekkers and.... ?

MD4, Papa wee willy, Dekkers and.... ?

and...DesertCreat! Ha! well done bud. Glad to have a few originals joining me.

I like the idea of thanking your post to see how many of us are through and will do so now.

Dekkers wrote: »
    and...DesertCreat! Ha! well done bud. Glad to have a few originals joining me.

I like the idea of thanking your post to see how many of us are through and will do so now.

Thanks lad! Seems to be 6 of us so far, going to be an interesting few months ! ;)

http://cow.org/csi/

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭wanadrum

Thanks lad! Seems to be 6 of us so far, going to be an interesting few months ! ;)

I think there are more than 6

7(so far) now that you liked it after i counted and posted ! :D

You might have warned me to turn my volume down. Scared the bejesus out of me!

Jumps at loud noises = terrible police officer

Have to get you familiar with surprises, couldn't have you firing a shot through the laptop screen or something in future ! :pac:

• Advertisement

wanadrum wrote: »
    I think there are more than 6

There's loads of lurkers who just popped in to say they passed. Which was nice of them. We've got some pretty big boots to fill around here to get us through the next stage ha

Dekkers wrote: »
    There's loads of lurkers who just popped in to say they passed. Which was nice of them. We've got some pretty big boots to fill around here to get us through the next stage ha

It is, hopefully you lurkers will be more active ;)

On a separate note, I guess we can promote ourselves to the Assessment centre thread? :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭letsdoit2013

It's a fail from me too guys. Im in my early 20's so still plenty of time, a bit more life experience wouldn't do me any harm tbh lol!

Want to wish everyone who passed and failed all the best. I'll probably still follow the thread to see how you all do

Good luck

It is, hopefully you lurkers will be more active ;)

On a separate note, I guess we can promote ourselves to the Assessment centre thread? :cool:

Yep I guess so. Seems to be only bad news left.

It's a fail from me too guys. Im in my early 20's so still plenty of time, a bit more life experience wouldn't do me any harm tbh lol!

Want to wish everyone who passed and failed all the best. I'll probably still follow the thread to see how you all do

Good luck

Good luck to you too lad(y). Hard luck on the IST! I hope a few pop their head in now and again :)

Keep in touch surely, don't be afraid to engage with us either ! All going to plan for both of us, someday we could be working together! Chin up! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭letsdoit2013

Thanks guys means a lot all the best with the rest of the process

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭tony1985

Seems that Tuesday were all passes and today were all fails then. Sorry to all of those that didn't make it through. Feel your pain. I'm suprised at some of the marks my own friends have finished with. I myself missed a good few questions toward the end and was really worried about the outcome until Tuesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭papa2013

MD4, Papa, Dekkers and.... ?
    hey di hi. Still in in it shun.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭wannabe2010

papa2013 wrote: »
    hey di hi. Still in in it shun.

Skip over to the AC thread buddy :)

Advertisement