Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2013 Recruitment!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Minty08

What's the link for the ac thread? Being very lazy lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭wannabe2010

Minty08 wrote: »
    What's the link for the ac thread? Being very lazy lol

It should be bumped up to very near the top as we've all been posting. . Sorry can't link from me phone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Aye_Chihuahua

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭picture987

I'm a lurker and I've passed :)

picture987 wrote: »
    I'm a lurker and I've passed :)

Already got you on my AC warrior list on the AC thread pal :) think page 196

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Bob Law

They were very specific about ensuring all circles were entirely coloured in, also why multiple choice if hand marked.

Speed and ease of marking. Trust me, I marked 100s of these things for a civil service mass campaign, if it's not fully in it could be a half rubbed out answer and not definitive. It's to remove all doubt that it was the candidates selection.

Few cheeky ones would circle in 2 and rub out half of them both thinking we could take at least one answer. Nope, no full circle, no mark.

papa2013 wrote: »
    Thanks for enduring my crap jokes guys and gals. Sorry to see you go please keep the chin up and give it a blast when it comes around again.

Don't stop with the jokes, a highlight in an otherwise dull day!

Don't know if it would interest anyone here, but the Fire Service may be recruiting in March.

Very interested thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭biker701

Do you know if that'll be FT or retained firefighters?

• Advertisement

Wholetime my man.

Bob Law wrote: »
    Wholetime my man.

This is SWEET. How you know this may I ask?

Excellent, I shall be applying for that then if this falls through, I'm outside the 5 minute zone so would be pointless trying for a retained role.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Bloody IT nonsense.

I have two third level qualifications, both of which had computer modules and still can't tell if their IT qualifications are acceptable.

Also, this GCSE lark, I can't believe I have to route out all my school crap from all that time ago. I can't believe they don't have a mature student equivalent entry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Dekkers

Bloody IT nonsense.

I have two third level qualifications, both of which had computer modules and still can't tell if their IT qualifications are acceptable.

Also, this GCSE lark, I can't believe I have to route out all my school crap from all that time ago. I can't believe they don't have a mature student equivalent entry.
    I know, seems harsh but I guess you could have flunked maths and English GCSE and that's all there really interested in

Dekkers wrote: »
    I know, seems harsh but I guess you could have flunked maths and English GCSE and that's all there really interested in

Hold on....GCSE is the 'junior' of the two? Right?
    And A levels are when you finish school?

GCSEs are done when your 16, A Levels are done when your 18. Did your AC email not list the Irish equilivant that they are accepting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Dekkers

Hold on....GCSE is the 'junior' of the two? Right?
    And A levels are when you finish school?

Yeah that's right

biker701 wrote: »
    GCSEs are done when your 16, A Levels are done when your 18. Did your AC email not list the Irish equilivant that they are accepting?

Yes but it just says GCSEs and not the A-level requirement. A-Level equivelant is what I would have been looking at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭canuck_copper

Just caught up on a week's worth of posts. Sorry to hear that Gee, Highbury and alot of other good people failed. It makes the wait till February a whole lot longer! For all that passed good luck in the next part!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

Yes but it just says GCSEs and not the A-level requirement. A-Level equivelant is what I would have been looking at.

Are you from the South? If so its the basic Leaving you need to have, its GCSE equivalent!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭soalpy

Don't know if it would interest anyone here, but the Fire Service may be recruiting in March.

Also heard this - march or April. They are taking in one more class in January from the merit list.

This is SWEET. How you know this may I ask?

Pal was at the Firefighters Union AGM. Was raised there.

Pal was at the Firefighters Union AGM. Was raised there.

You're well connected ;) will remember to keep you on side :P

Are you from the South? If so its the basic Leaving you need to have, its GCSE equivalent!

Yeah thanks.
    My email is gmail so I didn't see that the message was cropped and that there was more info at the bottom.

Now to sort out the IT issue.
    Would have assume the IT module of a HND would have covered it.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭VES86

Tim89 wrote: »
    Not true buddy I was on to BCS and so was the fella that's doing my ECDL on Thursday, the date on the certificate will be the date they have received results, checked and then Validated... Was told the absolute minimum that it takes is two working days....

Hence test thurs, they receive and check fri, certificate validated Monday 2nd Dec.... Squeaky bum time for a while but got it done lol :)

thats where i did mine, was marked on the spot and marks sent through to the board. got my cert back two weeks later dated the day i sat mine

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Tim89

VES86 wrote: »
    thats where i did mine, was marked on the spot and marks sent through to the board. got my cert back two weeks later dated the day i sat mine

Where do you mean by " that's where I did mine " ?

I made an appointment for a test date, went to the bryson group (as part of its work its operates tech classes) sat the tests, it was marked after each test and the marks were submitted to the exam board. They contacted me two weeks later to come and collect my certificate

I made an appointment for a test date, went to the bryson group (as part of its work its operates tech classes) sat the tests, it was marked after each test and the marks were submitted to the exam board. They contacted me two weeks later to come and collect my certificate

• Advertisement

Advertisement