Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2013 Recruitment!

1191192193194195197»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Toyota 1976

Sound J.O i was psuhing the subject with Pittmann them but thet were been avoidant on it, as off qual for ni not sure for England and prob Scotland is a bit different again, so need to work around it another way? what do you think yourself new on this boards site but great for lots of things, have a good back ground on cars and engines so it is great for ideas :)

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭J.0

Sound J.O i was psuhing the subject with Pittmann them but thet were been avoidant on it, as off qual for ni not sure for England and prob Scotland is a bit different again, so need to work around it another way? what do you think yourself new on this boards site but great for lots of things, have a good back ground on cars and engines so it is great for ideas :)

Unfortunately there's no way around it. Unless you have one of the ICT/IT quals they're asking for this recruitment drive AND it predates 2nd December 2013, you'll have to prepare to give this one a miss.

Use the time wisely though and get set for the next recruitment. If you're not great with basic IT, the Pitman training should at least be helpful in preparing you for the real exam. Have a look for the best price though, as there are many other centres/training organisations out there too.

Aye, it's a great site. Lots of info on pretty much everything, but let's stick on topic before a moderator wraps our knuckles lol :)

J.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Bob Law

There's still a good bit of guessing about merit lists. Was reviewing the PSNI site for info and seen this (apologies if it's been posted before).

http://www.psni.police.uk/general__psni_recruiting_figures

· Those who meet the required standard are placed on a merit list, and this list is then passed to the PSNI. At this stage there are five further stages to be looked at: medical; vetting; physical competency assessment; substance misuse testing; and online learning.

· Those who successfully complete these stages are invited to an induction weekend. They are placed on a merit list which is to last until March 2015. Candidates will be processed in waves according to the number being recruited each time.

I can't see there being another recruitment drive this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭CDizzle

Tim89 wrote: »
    Not too bad mate, Hard to make sense of the booklet when I'm work so I'm taking a break and gonna get me head stuck into it over weekend, big days next week!!!

What booklet? Has there been any preparation documents sent out apart from the e-mail for the assessment centre and the guidance for applicants?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

CDizzle wrote: »
    What booklet? Has there been any preparation documents sent out apart from the e-mail for the assessment centre and the guidance for applicants?

Nope ! Don't worry !

• Advertisement

ict/ IT qualifs is that in NI or south, jo ?

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Tim89

ict/ IT qualifs is that in NI or south, jo ?

NI/UK - needs to be accredited and awarded by BCS

ROI - needs to be accredited and awarded by ICS

Dated on or before 02/12/13

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭MissWillow12

Anyone seen this? http://www.psni.police.uk/index/careers/ics_recruit.htm They really love the IT at the min lol

yes miss willow the love the ict skills, caught out a lot of people the last time

Advertisement