Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone got a grant pack sent out to them yet?

Options
  • 28-06-2012 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭

I applied the day susi opened but have not received anything in the post regarding submitting extra documents. Am i alone in this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭sean1976

At a susi information day, they informed us that it would be a min 3 weeks before you receive anything from them in the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Cliona99

You're not alone. (I applied June 12th).

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭paul9mm

HI Just got an email reply this afternoon from SUSI helpdesk, applied online June 12 and emailed question this Thursday.

"Dear X,
    Thank you for your e-mail.

All applications submitted are being reviewed at the moment. You will receive a letter either provisionally approving your grant application or declining it shortly.

You can appeal the decision made if you are not satisfied with the result.
    Should you require further assistance do not hesitate to contact us on 0761087874.

Kind Regards,
    Y
    SUSI Support Desk "

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭david65

nothing in the post yet but i've had a phone call from susi with a query, did say that pack would be out next week. I registered on the 12th June

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭DeXtER1978

I registered on the 11th of June 00.30 and have heard nothing back.

• Advertisement

DeXtER1978 wrote: »
    I registered on the 11th of June 00.30 and have heard nothing back.
    I would hang on until next week, If I receive my pack next week as they promised I will post it

Got a letter today about submitting documents! (a *lot* of documents) Anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭RoebuckWilson

Cliona99 wrote: »
    Got a letter today about submitting documents! (a *lot* of documents) Anyone else?

Hey Cliona

What paperwork are they looking for? I'm ready to submit everything but I want to make sure I have my paperwork ready but I've no idea what to get.

I'm a dependent mature student...

Cheers :)

Hi ghpeople,

I'll tell you what they want from me, I'm an independent mature student, don't know if it's standardised or not. I was expecting to be rejected straightaway because I already have a degree so I have nothing prepared!

Evidence of independent residence from Oct 1st 2011. (I presume you'll need to provide evidence of partner/parents income).

Copy of birth cert (long form)

Evidence of residence in Ireland/EU for 3 of the last 5 years. A minimum of one document per year is required in the case of utility bills, P60, P21 or bank statements.

Evidence of previous education.

Details of other financial assistance.

P60

Social Welfare statement. (has to be the "official SUSI social welfare form from www.cdvec.ie"

Revenue Form P21, and supporting documents (P60/P45/Statement of Earnings) to back up all income listed. To get this it says you need to register with PAYE Anytime, (which seems to be a huge production, so get a start on that!)

Hope that helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭RoebuckWilson

Hi ghpeople,

I'll tell you what they want from me, I'm an independent mature student, don't know if it's standardised or not. I was expecting to be rejected straightaway because I already have a degree so I have nothing prepared!

Evidence of independent residence from Oct 1st 2011. (I presume you'll need to provide evidence of partner/parents income).

Evidence of residence in Ireland/EU for 3 of the last 5 years. A minimum of one document per year is required in the case of utility bills, P60, P21 or bank statements.

P60

Social Welfare statement. (has to be the "official SUSI social welfare form from www.cdvec.ie"

Revenue Form P21, and supporting documents (P60/P45/Statement of Earnings) to back up all income listed. To get this it says you need to register with PAYE Anytime, (which seems to be a huge production, so get a start on that!)

Hope that helps!

Thanks a mill - thats a LOT! :) I'll get all of that together as least and what I can for my parents to be ready! :)

• Advertisement

Best of luck with it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭BehindTheScenes

Hi ghpeople,

P60

Hope that helps!

Thanks for posting that, I applied the day it opened and haven't heard a thing from them yet. Called up to complain but told there was a huge backlog as it's now centralised.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Cocolola

Ya I urge people to get registered for PAYE Anytime now. I registered for it at the end of May and it took a good fortnight to get my PIN sent out and since then I've been trying to log on but keep getting the message:

"Our records show a date of death on the taxpayer's records..." :eek:

I got through to them on the phone today and was told that as I'm unemployed I'm no longer on the PAYE system and that when I ceased working December last year that someone must have accidentally put me down as DEceased. Good to know these intelligent people work for Revenue. At any rate it's still not sorted so be warned people!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭eire-kp

Got my grant pack today:D So far Im deemed eligible to progress to the next step. I'm hoping for a fee grant as I should receive BTEA as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭scoob70

eire-kp wrote: »
    Got my grant pack today:D So far Im deemed eligible to progress to the next step. I'm hoping for a fee grant as I should receive BTEA as well.

Hi eire - can I ask when you applied?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭eire-kp

The first evening it opened up. Actually just off the phone to them there with a few questions, Call got answered straigth away and very helpfull top marks to them so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭scoob70

The first evening it opened up. Actually just off the phone to them there with a few questions, Call got answered straigth away and very helpfull top marks to them so far.

Hmmm, I applied the following day and I've not heard a thing. Maybe I'll get something next week. Thanks for answering my post :).

likewise

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Muir

Just so people aren't worrying, they can be really slow at processing grant applications. I know someone who still hasn't been paid their grant money from last year. This new online system is supposed to make it faster, but it is new so there are bound to be delays.
    Often people are in college a month or so before they hear anything back about a grant so people knowing that they are eligible to move to the next step this early is actually a huge improvement over previous years!
    If you're getting the BTEA or on a social welfare payment, you are probably going to get it. In the mean time maybe get all your documents together & photocopy them so you can have them ready to send off when you get your grant pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭ronano

Those who got the packs etc

does it tell you given the information you supplied what you are eligible for? as in if your information is verified through documents you can get free fees paid for by the state

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭bluecatmorgana

Unfortunately not, it just says you are deemed eligible to progress to the next step.

Does it really take two weeks to get your pin from paye anytime? I only requested my pin yesterday, is there any other way to get a p21?

Also does anyone know where I can find the SUSI social welfare form? Ive tried looking and searching on cdvec.ie as suggested but cant find it.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

I think this is the form you are looking for, but I'm not sure.

Unfortunately not, it just says you are deemed eligible to progress to the next step.

Does it really take two weeks to get your pin from paye anytime? I only requested my pin yesterday, is there any other way to get a p21?

Also does anyone know where I can find the SUSI social welfare form? Ive tried looking and searching on cdvec.ie as suggested but cant find it.

Thanks

I think you could have asked to just have your P21 posted out. Also, it may not actually take 2 weeks, sometimes that can be to cover themselves for delays.

ronano: This link tells you what level of grant you may be eligible for based on your income:
    http://www.studentfinance.ie/downloads/1341494564/Schedule_1_reckonable_income_limit_2012.pdf

That should give you an idea yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭annacanna

dor83 wrote: »
    I think this is the form you are looking for, but I'm not sure.

are we supposed to print it off and bring it into the social welfare office to be signed? i have a problem as i have recieved my balancing statement form revenue and a letter from social welfare stating what i recieved in 2011 but the figures dont match so im very confused. revenue or social welfare are wrong, but who?

annacanna wrote: »
    are we supposed to print it off and bring it into the social welfare office to be signed? i have a problem as i have recieved my balancing statement form revenue and a letter from social welfare stating what i recieved in 2011 but the figures dont match so im very confused. revenue or social welfare are wrong, but who?

Did you have income other than that from the Social Welfare, because the Balancing Statement would consider all income? You might want to ring up Revenue to see could they help you figure out what's causing the difference. I sometimes look at documents thinking there are mistakes but there is usually some sort of reason behind it.

And yeah, it looks like you need to bring it in to the social welfare to have the bottom part filled out.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

annacanna wrote: »

Why would the P21 show anything to do with social welfare?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Why would the P21 show anything to do with social welfare?

Because a P21 accounts for all income over the year, which would include social welfare payments.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭annacanna

the stupid thing is in irish and even google translate cant translate it all!
    there are two lines one is my pervious employers name and the other means social welfare.

i recieve one parent family allowance and was getting the full rate 217.80 for the first 3 months of the year and it was then reassesed as 212.80 when i finally started to recieve child maintenance so i think this may have something to do with it.
    there is a difference of about 100 euro between the statements

If your previous employers name is there then that would sound to me like some sort of income from them is being taken into consideration, probably around 100 euro if that's the difference. did you receive anything from that employer in 2011?

Just phone up & ask, it's either a small error or there is some reason behind the difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

scoob70 wrote: »
    Hmmm, I applied the following day and I've not heard a thing. Maybe I'll get something next week. Thanks for answering my post :).

I applied the same day and haven't gotten anything either! :(

Advertisement