Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone got a grant pack sent out to them yet?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭scoob70

Just to let you's know - I still haven't received anything in the post from SUSI - but I rang the help line today to say I'd applied on the 12th of June and heard nothing. I was surprised then to be told I am provisionally eligable and I should get something in the post in the next couple of days. So if anyones feeling abit nervous it might be worth you giving SUSI a ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 1sparkey

I applied the first day and received a reply this morning, I just have to gather it together now.Its not to bad, no major surprise requests , although Im an independent mature student so I dont rely on anyone elses income .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

I rang the helpline today, got through very quickly and the girl was very friendly and helpful.
    She checked my grant status and it was still waiting to be assessed, she said it will be about another 1-2 weeks.

Literally biting my nails on the phone! Just praying I get a grant, It will help so much!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭BehindTheScenes

For anyone interested I was on to Susi this morning. I made my application on the 25th of June and was told these applications are taking 4 to 5 weeks.

I also rang revenue for a P21 last Monday and got it today.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 DollyD

I also rang them today and the woman said I was provisionally eligible and will recieve a pack in the post in the next few days I made my application on the 15th of June, I'm wondering now have they turned anyone down for a grant or will everyone get the approval and then get turned down when they send back there documents

• Advertisement

DollyD wrote: »
    I also rang them today and the woman said I was provisionally eligible and will recieve a pack in the post in the next few days I made my application on the 15th of June, I'm wondering now have they turned anyone down for a grant or will everyone get the approval and then get turned down when they send back there documents

I was told that if you're provisionally approved as long as the documents confirmed what you told them your good to go.

I was told that if you're provisionally approved as long as the documents confirmed what you told them your good to go.

Sweet!! I was wondering because I haven't heard of anybody that got a reply back to say they weren't getting a grant so far its all approvals

DollyD wrote: »
    Sweet!! I was wondering because I haven't heard of anybody that got a reply back to say they weren't getting a grant so far its all approvals

Glad your happy, now where's my bloody letter!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Izzie11

Do you think it's possible to get confirmation of the grant before we actually start? Seems like everyone has to wait ages to get everything finalised.

I just really don't want to have to pay the reg fee when I'll need it badly during the first few months!

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Cocolola

Izzie11 wrote: »
    Do you think it's possible to get confirmation of the grant before we actually start? Seems like everyone has to wait ages to get everything finalised.

I just really don't want to have to pay the reg fee when I'll need it badly during the first few months!

I meet with the mature student officer in NUIG during the week and I asked her about this. She said to make sure I pay the college's own student levy of €224 (I don't know if all colleges have something similar to that?) and to go to the fees office and show them the letter that says I've been provisionally approved for the grant so that they won't apply penalties for late payment.

It's worth giving the mature office in the college a call anyway to see if they do that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 mr.boombastic

Hey,

Anyone else had any grant packs sent out to them in the post from SUSI???
    I completed my application on the 20th of June and yet to hear anything...
    Have rang couple of times but keep getting the usual "4-5 weeks"
    Im not the patient type.....

I have FINALLY got all my documents together this morning, it only went and took 18 flippin' days, thanks to the confusion created by the new statement of social welfare payments form that SUSI invented :rolleyes:

Off to the post office now and hope that's the end of it. Although I'm sure something else will be requested and I'll be trapped in a never-ending hell of A4 sheets and envelopes :D

How's everybody else getting on with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Izzie11

I sent all my requested documents on the 12th but they still haven't been scanned into their system yet.

Sick of all this waiting :(

I got my pack today, haven't stopped running around sence half 8 this morning getting stuff together so now all I have to do is sit and wait for the p21s and pension letters to come so I can send it off.

Does anyone no wat happens next or how long it will be for a final desision??
    Hope its before college starts!!

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭W86indow

Cliona99 wrote: »
    Hi ghpeople,

Social Welfare statement. (has to be the "official SUSI social welfare form from www.cdvec.ie"

Hope that helps!

I went and downloaded that form and went to the social to get it filled in today - i want to be ready to send off absolutely everything when i get my pack out ..
    I requested a statment from the social welfare anyway for what i recieved in 2011 and they sent me that straight away

but when i went in to get the official susi form signed and stamped she refused the SW officer told me that they will only issue me their own statement and they will not sign any forms from anywhere else

wondering did this happen anyone else?

I did not get the pack yet and i applied on the 8th july , just getting everything i can possibly get ready in time

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Cliona99

The woman in the social welfare office was a bit miffed about this 'special form', she took it anyway, and posted it out to me the next day.

Maybe go back again and hope to get a different person behind the desk?

I brought my form in on Friday after downloading it on the susi website and the lady filled it out there and then no problem she couldn't have been more helpful with me about it I'd say u just got a pure crank that is been awkward about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭Fatboydim

Got my pack today. Took the downloaded form to the SWO and the lovely lady did it there and then for me. So all went back in the post today... Hopefully will get confirmation of grant (fees) before I Start in September.

W86indow wrote: »
    I went and downloaded that form and went to the social to get it filled in today - i want to be ready to send off absolutely everything when i get my pack out ..
    I requested a statment from the social welfare anyway for what i recieved in 2011 and they sent me that straight away

but when i went in to get the official susi form signed and stamped she refused the SW officer told me that they will only issue me their own statement and they will not sign any forms from anywhere else

wondering did this happen anyone else?

I did not get the pack yet and i applied on the 8th july , just getting everything i can possibly get ready in time

Def try someone else - I handed mine in today no probs and they said we will post it back out to you this week when we've filled it in.

omg ive been shafted !!

marching back up there on friday ,she was a total young wan an all !

• Advertisement

W86indow wrote: »
    omg ive been shafted !!

marching back up there on friday ,she was a total young wan an all !

Def shafted :D - got mine back in the post this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭madcharlie

thanks a mill for that , am awaiting my SUSI pack as well, good luck with yours :)

Fatboydim wrote: »
    Got my pack today. Took the downloaded form to the SWO and the lovely lady did it there and then for me. So all went back in the post today... Hopefully will get confirmation of grant (fees) before I Start in September.[/QUOTE

Let us know when u do get a final reply, anxious to no how long it takes ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭anomynous

I applied the day it was open (can't remember what date that was) and still haven't heard a thing from them, should I hear from them anytime soon...?

anomynous wrote: »
    I applied the day it was open (can't remember what date that was) and still haven't heard a thing from them, should I hear from them anytime soon...?

You should give them a ring ASAP they will tell you the stage ur application is at they let me no there an then when I rang them

• Registered Users Posts: 26 mr.boombastic

Got my provisional approval SUSI reply in the post today......Finally!!
    For people still waiting on theirs.... I applied on June 20th....

Gah. Got a letter today from SUSI saying I didn't include something, except that I did. The Schedule of Documentation page is completely blank, no checklist. And the third page, the Explanation of Documents Required page, is listing Statement of Social Welfare Payments 2012.

I was originally asked for that for my mother as her circumstances changed this year. Social Welfare filled out both 2011 and 2012 on the one SUSI form so maybe that's causing confusion. I called support and the poor guy didn't know what was the problem, his screen didn't tell him anything so he told me to email them.

There's no point to this post, just needed a little rant :) Also need to express anger in my stupidity for not photocopying the form before I sent it so I'd have proof :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭ronano

has anyone had the grant people messing up their eligibility?

I've done a level 7 ordinary bachelor of arts degree in private college, it attracted no exchequer funding. I'm applying for a 4 year level 8 ba. I rang the susi help desk twice and they told me both time i would get my fees covered for my entire degree. I was dead clear with them so as to have no ambiguity about my circumstances and prior education and they told i will get fees entirely covered The college told me i've been told wrong information.

Have guidelines been updated? anyone else in a similar situation? outside of the grant people i've been told all along i'd have to pay for part of the degree at least

Lads photocopy everything u send and request second copies of all your p21s thats free to do sure ! Make sure you have copies of everything!!!! Send them the copies where you can , also is there any point stapling all the documents they require togethet??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭ditzyfairy

I only applied the 5th July so will be waiting a while, but can anyone tell me what forms & photocopies they have been requested to send in so I can try and be prepared?

Advertisement