Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone got a grant pack sent out to them yet?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭W86indow

ditzyfairy wrote: »
    I only applied the 5th July so will be waiting a while, but can anyone tell me what forms & photocopies they have been requested to send in so I can try and be prepared?
    If you look on the first page of this thread cliona99 has given a list of what was required by her very helpful ! I applied on 8th july aswell so probably be waitin another week at least to hear

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

ditzyfairy wrote: »
    I only applied the 5th July so will be waiting a while, but can anyone tell me what forms & photocopies they have been requested to send in so I can try and be prepared?

Page 42 onwards lists everything you will need

http://www.studentfinance.ie/downloads/1339418623/Student_Grant_Scheme_2012.pdf

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭marvin_spazz

i have applied to cao directly using an old leaving cert. i will then be getting an offer in august. which i will more than likely be accepting.

as im on job seekers i qualify for beta. so need that confirmation of place first to switch.

i read that you cannot get beta and a grant at sametime so i will be applying for my fees to be covered. do i still need to go down the same route as posted here? i.e supply the documentation listed because i dont think i have any of that to be honest.

so im basically asking do i still need to apply for that grant through the centralised system even though i cannot get a grant and beta?

any information is much appreciated as im not very familar with the system. thanks.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I have everything ready to send off except the feckin' P21- aaargh, so annoyed I'm stuck waiting another couple of weeks now!
    Ah well, my own fault I suppose. :o

Does anyone know when you hear back from them usually?
    I'd have to quit my job to go back to college so naturally I can't be doing anything crazy before knowing for definite if I can afford to go! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Muir

i have applied to cao directly using an old leaving cert. i will then be getting an offer in august. which i will more than likely be accepting.

as im on job seekers i qualify for beta. so need that confirmation of place first to switch.

i read that you cannot get beta and a grant at sametime so i will be applying for my fees to be covered. do i still need to go down the same route as posted here? i.e supply the documentation listed because i dont think i have any of that to be honest.

so im basically asking do i still need to apply for that grant through the centralised system even though i cannot get a grant and beta?

any information is much appreciated as im not very familar with the system. thanks.

Yes, you still need to apply for the grant to get your fees covered. You don't need any documents to apply, you apply online. It will be later that they will send out looking for the documents to prove the info you've given is correct.

• Advertisement

Posy wrote: »
    I have everything ready to send off except the feckin' P21- aaargh, so annoyed I'm stuck waiting another couple of weeks now!
    Ah well, my own fault I suppose. :o

Does anyone know when you hear back from them usually?
    I'd have to quit my job to go back to college so naturally I can't be doing anything crazy before knowing for definite if I can afford to go! :eek:

The grant is different this year to other years. They've always been really slow in previous years but I think this new system is supposed to make it faster. Leaving your job would mean you have a change in circumstances which means you would most likely get the grant.
    If you look in studentfinance.ie you can check the reckonable income limits which should give you a good idea of what kind of grant you may be eligible for.

I'm guessing you asked for a pin to get your P21 instead of just asking for the P21, seems to take longer for the pin to be sent out but the actual P21 form is out to you within days. Handy to know for future reference.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Chris.Buckley

I'm finding it difficult to find the "official SUSI social welfare form" which they apparently have hidden in www.cdvec.ie , can someone supply me with a direct link to this download?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 DollyD

I can't post the link up here don't no why but click on the www.cdvec.ie website click on student grants under the heading learners Then under grants scroll down a bit till u see social welfare Statement 2011, that's the one I sent off anyways!!

I'm finding it difficult to find the "official SUSI social welfare form" which they apparently have hidden in www.cdvec.ie , can someone supply me with a direct link to this download?

Here it is
    http://cdvec.ie/getattachment/Student-Supports/Grants/Social-Welfare-Statement-2012.pdf.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 40 DollyD

Does anyone know of anybody that have got a reply back to say they got the grant or know how long it will take for a reply after u have sent all ur documents and stuff back???

• Advertisement

DollyD wrote: »
    Does anyone know of anybody that have got a reply back to say they got the grant or know how long it will take for a reply after u have sent all ur documents and stuff back???

It'll probably take a little while. I don't think anyone has heard back yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Izzie11

I was refused the grant because my income levels were too high. I put in a change of circumstances because I won't be employed one September but the grant office said this would be too late in the year. It would be considered 2013 from September on.

Anyone have any success in a situation like this?

Izzie11 wrote: »
    I was refused the grant because my income levels were too high. I put in a change of circumstances because I won't be employed one September but the grant office said this would be too late in the year. It would be considered 2013 from September on.

Anyone have any success in a situation like this?

You can appeal it further

If after appealing the decision to the appeals officer you still feel that the student grant rules have not been interpreted correctly you may appeal this decision to the Department or the independent Appeals Board as appropriate – this must be done within 30 days of the appeals officer’s decision.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ITS_A_BADGER

I just want to know if they do accept me , are there any documents that they will definatly ask me for? the reason i ask is i want to be prepared and reduce the waiting time IF i do get a grant

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Monkey Sampan

Going by the list of required documents on this_post: I think I'd better phone the tax office tomorrow,
    I'm registered on PAYE anytime but it doesn't recognize me as I've been unemployed since October 11'

Apart from getting a few P21's, my problem is that I haven't received a P60 since 2009,
    and apparently my P45 was sent straight to the tax office as I never received a copy

I'm going to chance getting the Social_Welfare_Statement_Form signed tomorrow when I'm signing on, see what they say about it

Re: Long Birth Cert

Will anyone be sending off photocopies? or an original copy?

I don't fancy sending off my only copy copy of my long birth cert and having to spend another €30 next time I need it

I might chance the other option of having a certified copy of my passport,
    even though it has a 7 year old photo, and expired two years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭Fatboydim

@Monkey Sampan... Re: Birth cert - It's only ever photocopies. They state this on the advice forms.

I just want to know if they do accept me , are there any documents that they will definatly ask me for? the reason i ask is i want to be prepared and reduce the waiting time IF i do get a grant

Here you go

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Monkey Sampan

Fatboydim wrote: »
    @Monkey Sampan... Re: Birth cert - It's only ever photocopies. They state this on the advice forms.

Cheers, I phoned SUSI this morning and they confirmed that a certified copy of the birth cert is what's required,
    I'd might as well get a copy of my old passport too to cover all bases

For anyone else on SW payments:
    I handed in the Social Welfare Statement today as I was signing on,
    they didn't know a thing about it but took it and promised to fill it out and post it back to me in the coming days

The only tiny bit of confusion about the form I had was whether the Student Reference No. or the Application Ref No.
    was the required "SUSI Application Number" at the top right of the SW statement.

But SUSI confirmed to me that it's the Application Reference No. starting with W followed by 12 digits which is also considered the 'SUSI Application Number'

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I got my P21 3 days after I phoned up and asked for one. :D
    Sent all my stuff off yesterday, woo!
    I actually seriously doubt I'll get anything, I have a masters already and this would be another postgrad course etc but if I don't ask I don't get, so why not!?

Good luck to everyone with their applications. xx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Is everybody sending stuff off people to SUSI heard back?

I applied June, when applicants where first opened and I've heard nothing at all. Rang up twice and not a thing, still waiting to be checked. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭BehindTheScenes

Jwacqui wrote: »

I applied June, when applicants where first opened and I've heard nothing at all. Rang up twice and not a thing, still waiting to be checked. :(

I applied on the 25th of June and got a letter requesting documents on July 31st. I'd get on to them and ask what the story is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

I applied on the 25th of June and got a letter requesting documents on July 31st. I'd get on to them and ask what the story is.

I've rang 3 times already and each time been told its awaiting approval and they are making their way through the applications and they definitely have it. Stressed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 chatnoir87

I contacted SUSI on on Aug 1st to see if they were releasing a date for approved applicants and this is what I got back:

I am afraid that I can't give you any specific timeframe for the processing of your application, but I can assure you that provided you have submitted your application, you will be contacted by post once it has been assessed.

I have checked your file and I can see that we have received your documentation pack in the post and it has been uploaded on to our system. You are due to be reviewed to check if you are 'officially eligible' very soon, and you will be contacted with a decision as soon as this has happened.

I hope this information helps, should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards,

Hopefully we should hear something in the next week or two!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 mr.boombastic

chatnoir87 wrote: »
    I contacted SUSI on on Aug 1st to see if they were releasing a date for approved applicants and this is what I got back:

I am afraid that I can't give you any specific timeframe for the processing of your application, but I can assure you that provided you have submitted your application, you will be contacted by post once it has been assessed.

I have checked your file and I can see that we have received your documentation pack in the post and it has been uploaded on to our system. You are due to be reviewed to check if you are 'officially eligible' very soon, and you will be contacted with a decision as soon as this has happened.

I hope this information helps, should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards,

Hopefully we should hear something in the next week or two!

Chatnoir87,
    when did you return all your documentation to SUSI?
    trying to get a feel of how long i might be waiting to hear anything!

Jwacqui wrote: »

I applied the 6th of july and am still waiting to hear back too, Its the waiting that kills, if they only sent out confirmation emails after you submit the application, it would probably save them a ton of time on phone calls and email response in the long run :/ im gonna give it tilll next week and then mail or call em

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭BehindTheScenes

I applied the 6th of july and am still waiting to hear back too, Its the waiting that kills, if they only sent out confirmation emails after you submit the application, it would probably save them a ton of time on phone calls and email response in the long run :/ im gonna give it tilll next week and then mail or call em

I got a confirmation email when I submitted mine. Did you ring to check that they have it?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 chatnoir87

Chatnoir87,
    when did you return all your documentation to SUSI?
    trying to get a feel of how long i might be waiting to hear anything!
    I sent it all off July 20th after I got the assessment letter.

I got a confirmation email when I submitted mine. Did you ring to check that they have it?

just check my spam folder twas it there :eek: could have saved myself a few weeks worry, might give em a bell anyway just to make sure

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Chris.Buckley

I can't send all my stuff back to them until my birth cert arrives on Monday, how late am I sending it off in comparison to other people? also, does anyone know the final date they are accepting the documents back?

• Advertisement

I can't send all my stuff back to them until my birth cert arrives on Monday, how late am I sending it off in comparison to other people? also, does anyone know the final date they are accepting the documents back?

Some people haven't even got grant packs yet. I'm currently waiting on a new checklist to be sent out because they asked if you were previously in education. I thought that meant had to completed or left a college course previously, I didn't realise I should say yes to indicate that I'm currently in college, so I had to amend my application. I also have to wait on job to send me a copy of all payslips from 2011, pain in the ass.

The application process is still open, so there's no rush really. Don't worry.

Advertisement