Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone got a grant pack sent out to them yet?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭john 08

i received my pack today. it seems pretty straight forward. i just have to send them back a few photocopies of documents.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 DollyD

Has anybody received news on there grant approval yet??

• Registered Users Posts: 10 chatnoir87

DollyD wrote: »
    Has anybody received news on there grant approval yet??

Nope nothing yet, not sure how they'll inform us of eligible applicants either. Post/Susi online/ email etc. Will post as soon as I hear from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 mr.boombastic

rang today to see how my appication was coming along. posted the documents on Monday :D and was told i would be notified by post in SEPTEMBER........

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Cocolola

September? Ah, good old grant peeps, always on time :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭madcharlie

September !! ..... so much for being blooody organised lol

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭W86indow

goin forward can people write down the

1) date they submitted their application
    2) date you got response/ recieve grant pack

im trying to get an idea how long its taking them to respond

(really confused my friend applied on 28th of june and got hers sent out to her weeks ago)

sent mine off on the 8th july heard so nothing yet i rang them its definetly submitted

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Cocolola

• I applied on the 12th June
    • Got the letter requesting documents on the 2nd July
    • Sent off my documents on the 20th July

However I got another letter on the 27th July requesting more documents but it was a blank page and I'm still waiting to hear from them about it. I contacted them to enquire about the status and I got this back:
    I have checked your file and I can see that my superiors are currently engaged in regenerating your documentation pack.

So I hope to feck this doesn't mean I have to send off everything again as I stupidly sent off two original documents from Social Welfare rather than the photocopy of them and they were a pain to get the first time round.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

I still haven't heard back! Applied early June! Then a career advisor I went to see informed me even though I never applied or received a grant when I previously went to college for two years this makes me ineligibile. Rang susi and they pretty much confirmed this.
    So frustrating! Understand I have to pay the 4,000 in fees but having to pay the rest when ive paid it before with no grant makes no sense! :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

i applied in June still havent heard back, emailed them two weeks ago and got the usual standerd reply that my application is in the list to be reviewed.will have to ring again this week to see what the story is, im 99% sure im entitled to the grant, but need some sort of letter for the college so I dont have to shell out for the student contribution and wait to get it back

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41 fennellryan

I applied on July 4th and have heard nothing back yet! Just wondering do you have to pay the student contribution fees upfront and then wait to get the money back?

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

Just got a "we our please to inform you you are deemed eligible for the next step" letter.

Wondering what exactly i am eligible for.

So they want a Birth cert
    P60
    P21
    Proof that i have been living in ireland for the past 5 years.
    Letter from my job confirming my current salary and what i will be on when ii go part time.

They also want my guardians stuff too.

I applied on the 9/7/12, got this letter on the 3 of august.

Was on holidays so only seen read the letter now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ITS_A_BADGER

I applied on July 4th and have heard nothing back yet! Just wondering do you have to pay the student contribution fees upfront and then wait to get the money back?

i applied on the 6th of july nothing either :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

i applied on the 6th of july nothing either :(

I applied about the same too and I'm still waiting. I hate starting into something without an idea of how things will work out. I'm in between JB and JA now as well and need to wait to be approved for JA for the month of August in order to qualify for BTEA so I'm sitting here with my thumb up my ass and completely out of pocket.

I applied the 15th of June, got my grant pack sent out the 13 th of July sent all my documents back on the 20th of July and I jus got off the phone with them there and she can't tell me the status of my application so I'm guessing il be waiting another few weeks for a final reply!! Uhhhhhh hate the waiting around, taught this new online system was goin to be a lot quicker!!

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭monster1

I applied the 6th of July, just got the grant pack in the post there today.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 ManÓg84

I applied the first day you could on June 12th.

Got the letter confirming eligibility and requesting the p21/45, birth cert and other stuff on July 20th (just over 5 weeks later).

Posted back on July 23rd (3 weeks ago today as on 13th August).

Rang last week to see what the story was.

Same answer. Can't tell me where it was at bla bla bla. :confused:

I only worry cos i'm due to register for college NEXT WEEK!!

I thought this new online susi process was meant to avoid all the hassle of not having a decision prior to college start!! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

This really is bumming me out. I have zero piece of mind at the moment without having some financial security. Living in suspense is such a tawdry way to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Muir

Someone has been told after sending documents back that they wont hear anything now until September. I imagine they'll be going through online applications first, sending out checklists, before moving on to checking documents. So everyone could be waiting a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 thebutlerdidit

I am mature student who has also applied for the BTEA. I applied for grant on the first day susi went live to cover tuition & fees

20th July Received pack requesting supporting documentation & on the 8th August received a request for further supporting documentation relating to my residency since finishing work last October (utility bills for each month) and details of my wife's maternity benefit in 2011.

Sent it all in yesterday, just wait and see now I hope.

Just a side note on BTEA. I was in the local SW office yesterday and the informed me that none of the BTEA applications (from that office) had been processed yet but not to worry about starting the course when still in receipt of JSB.

They also said that it was normal not to get the cost of education payment until mid October, can anyone confirm if this is normal practice?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭dharma200

Yes it is normal, the reason being so people do not register for btea, register for college, get the money then leave course. usually it is october. hths

I applied the 15th of June, got my grant pack sent out the 13 th of July sent all my documents back on the 20th of July and I jus got off the phone with them there and she can't tell me the status of my application so I'm guessing il be waiting another few weeks for a final reply!! Uhhhhhh hate the waiting around, taught this new online system was goin to be a lot quicker!!

Just off the phone with susi there and the documents that I sent back were put up on there system on the 2nd of August and the lady said I should hear from them with in the next few days on a final decision on my grant and if not to ring them Friday week, so anyone who applied and sent documents in and around the same time as me should be in the same boat and have a final decision letter soon!! Yayyyyyy Lol

Just off the phone with susi there and the documents that I sent back were put up on there system on the 2nd of August and the lady said I should hear from them with in the next few days on a final decision on my grant and if not to ring them Friday week, so anyone who applied and sent documents in and around the same time as me should be in the same boat and have a final decision letter soon!! Yayyyyyy Lol
    Cheers for that update Dolly D. Just rang susi myself and they were able to tell me i'm approved and should have notification in the post within the next 2weeks!! Boom! :D

Don Byrne wrote: »
    Cheers for that update Dolly D. Just rang susi myself and they were able to tell me i'm approved and should have notification in the post within the next 2weeks!! Boom! :D

Well done you ha the way she was talking about it I'd say I was approved too but I'm not goin to get my hopes up till I see it in writing!! I'm glad we will no before college starts at least it will ease the stress a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Monkey Sampan

My SUSI application was completed on the 26th of July,

Apart from the application confirmation email I've heard nothing back,
    but don't expect to for a few weeks

I'm already approved for BTEA, so it's the fees I'm applying for

I've jumped ahead a bit and have been requesting the documents mentioned by others to be prepared
    So far I have:

- P21 for 2011
    - P45 copy certified by revenue
    - Statement of SW payments for 2011

I reckon that all I've left to get are the certified copies of my Birth Cert and proof of residence

The only spanner in the works might be the fact that I chased up a USC refund as I was paying the 7% when I should have being paying the lower 4% rate
    and received a refund cheque for that and a PAYE refund miscalculation

Meaning the 2011 P21 figures I entered on the application will now be different to the ones to the more recent P21
    I might just post off the first one I received a few months ago to keep things consistent

My SUSI application was completed on the 26th of July,

Apart from the application confirmation email I've heard nothing back,
    but don't expect to for a few weeks

I'm already approved for BTEA, so it's the fees I'm applying for

I've jumped ahead a bit and have been requesting the documents mentioned by others to be prepared
    So far I have:

- P21 for 2011
    - P45 copy certified by revenue
    - Statement of SW payments for 2011

I reckon that all I've left to get are the certified copies of my Birth Cert and proof of residence

The only spanner in the works might be the fact that I chased up a USC refund as I was paying the 7% when I should have being paying the lower 4% rate
    and received a refund cheque for that and a PAYE refund miscalculation

Meaning the 2011 P21 figures I entered on the application will now be different to the ones to the more recent P21
    I might just post off the first one I received a few months ago to keep things consistent
    Jus out of interest Monkey Sammpan. Where/When and how long did it take for BTEA approval?

Jus out of interest Monkey Sammpan. Where/When and how long did it take for BTEA approval?

Hey don I'm waiting on a letter from my BTEA too, just rang
    The sw there in limerick city the lady said there working over time there to get trough them all and we will defo have word in the next few days not to worry she said!! Last few applications being done today, so just wait in hopes i guess ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

eire-kp wrote: »
    Got my grant pack today:D So far Im deemed eligible to progress to the next step. I'm hoping for a fee grant as I should receive BTEA as well.

I got this. Does it mean we will definitely get it?:)

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    I got this. Does it mean we will definitely get it?:)

I hope so ha Iv had good news all round today with susi and BTEA but I won't rest till its in black and white on front of me lol

• Advertisement

Hey don I'm waiting on a letter from my BTEA too, just rang
    The sw there in limerick city the lady said there working over time there to get trough them all and we will defo have word in the next few days not to worry she said!! Last few applications being done today, so just wait in hopes i guess ha

Cheers Dolly. The uncertainty of were things are at so close to the start of college leaves ya stressed max!! My local office in Drogheda told me few weeks ago that they wouldn't even look at applications till mid-August hence the stress!

Advertisement