Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone got a grant pack sent out to them yet?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 DollyD

Don Byrne wrote: »
    Cheers Dolly. The uncertainty of were things are at so close to the start of college leaves ya stressed max!! My local office in Drogheda told me few weeks ago that they wouldn't even look at applications till mid-August hence the stress!

Tell me about it, I was worried that I'd be starting college with no clue of we're I stood with the grant and BTEA but with the info I got today hopefully by this time next week it will be finalised but I won't hold my breath ha

• Registered Users Posts: 32 ManÓg84

DollyD wrote: »
    Cheers Dolly. The uncertainty of were things are at so close to the start of college leaves ya stressed max!! My local office in Drogheda told me few weeks ago that they wouldn't even look at applications till mid-August hence the stress!

Tell me about it, I was worried that I'd be starting college with no clue of we're I stood with the grant and BTEA but with the info I got today hopefully by this time next week it will be finalised but I won't hold my breath ha

Yah, well fingers crossed we know in official format within next 2weeks! I'm feelin more positive now so im happy out! Best of luck in your studies!

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Long Term Louth

Yah, well fingers crossed we know in official format within next 2weeks! I'm feelin more positive now so im happy out! Best of luck in your studies!

The Drogheda office is slow in regards to BTEA approval, but it generally arrives in time. Ensure you get the official registration letter from the college ASAP after reg, they probably wont give you this until such time as your fees have been paid or the relevant documentation has been received from SUSI. Take it personally to Drogheda SWO. Go to the office to the right of main SWO, go to the top of stairs, as this is where BTEA is dealt with directly and this will also enhance the rapidity of €300 book allowance.

The Drogheda office is slow in regards to BTEA approval, but it generally arrives in time. Ensure you get the official registration letter from the college ASAP after reg, they probably wont give you this until such time as your fees have been paid or the relevant documentation has been received from SUSI. Take it personally to Drogheda SWO. Go to the office to the right of main SWO, go to the top of stairs, as this is where BTEA is dealt with directly and this will also enhance the rapidity of €300 book allowance.

Nice one LTL. Cheers for the heads up!!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Monkey Sampan

Jus out of interest Monkey Sammpan. Where/When and how long did it take for BTEA approval?

<
    I'm in Cork City, handed in the BTEA form on July 23rd at 10am,
    they checked it over and I had the acceptance letter in my hands 23 hours later just after 9am the next morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Zoe2011

Hi Everyone! I was wondering when do I have to apply for BTEA. I am an adult dependent so the SW officer told me that once I start the course (september) I have to get a letter from the College stating that I started.

Also if I am an adult dependent then is when I should do the Spousal Swap...

Some people is saying that you should get a letter from college asap and bring it to the SWO now!

Sorry but I am getting a little bit frustrated.. Is there is anyone else in this same situation who can help me...?? :confused:

Zoe2011 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone! I was wondering when do I have to apply for BTEA. I am an adult dependent so the SW officer told me that once I start the course (september) I have to get a letter from the College stating that I started.

Also if I am an adult dependent then is when I should do the Spousal Swap...

Some people is saying that you should get a letter from college asap and bring it to the SWO now!

Sorry but I am getting a little bit frustrated.. Is there is anyone else in this same situation who can help me...?? :confused:
    Zoe you can apply now! I did 2 weeks ago. U can get the form in your local sw office or online.
    You won't get put on to btea however until your registered. They will prob send you a letter stating that you won't get it until you submit a letter from the admissions office/college stating that you are
    a) a registered student
    and
    b) the dates of start of course and finish of course.

Once you have that your sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭grasshopper1

Shryke wrote: »
    This really is bumming me out. I have zero piece of mind at the moment without having some financial security. Living in suspense is such a tawdry way to be.

I applied on June 12th, and have heard nothing back. I rang and got the usual 'you'll hear from us within 2 weeks' I've sent many emails, and nada. At this stage I'm beginning to get frantic :confused:
    grasshopper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

hmmm...they are asking for a copy of my degree (thats fine) but also a letter from the college to say I went there... surely I wouldn't have obtained the degree without er...going there?? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭ditzyfairy

yippee just got a call from SUSI so will have my grant pack next week... I was gonna call tomorrow if i hadnt heard anything by then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Muir

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    hmmm...they are asking for a copy of my degree (thats fine) but also a letter from the college to say I went there... surely I wouldn't have obtained the degree without er...going there?? :confused:

Some of their requests are annoying. I have to send them copies of all my payslips from last year.

You do know they can foretell the future :D

You do know they can foretell the future :D
    eh? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Austypausty

I'm not sure when I applied exactly but I had an application almost completed, went on to finish it and it was gone! Got in touch and they said there was nothing they could do and I had to start another application. I submitted it on July 13th and got my pack either the beginning of last week or the end of the week before, pretty nifty if ya ask me! Just running around now and getting forms here and there, bloody torture :p

My apologies OldNotWIse, I misread the post, no disrespect intended.
    grasshopper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

I called up today and I'm under provisional approval. I applied around the 10th of July. I've been told that I should be receiving something in the post shortly. I am theirs in anticipation. Now if the welfare inspector could get in contact with me I would start to feel like things were moving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ITS_A_BADGER

same, i rang today coz i was fed up of no responce, im under provisional approval should be getting stuff in the post soon, they said the delay is with the letters because their sending out thousands of them just wish i had all this crap sorted, note to next years applicants apply ASAP!

Just cancelled my loan app for college fees, cant afford it. I feel like I have just closed so many doors. What a horrible heavy feeling :(

My apologies OldNotWIse, I misread the post, no disrespect intended.
    grasshopper
    No problem, of little relevance now anyway :o Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Just cancelled my loan app for college fees, cant afford it. I feel like I have just closed so many doors. What a horrible heavy feeling :(

Don't be so disheartened. I felt the same last year and now I've spent the year saving I can afford college this year. It will be a struggle but im going back! :-) starting in 3 weeks!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41 fennellryan

I applied on the 4th of July and haven't received any grant pack or anything else apart from the confirmation email the day I applied - should you have to wait that long or should I contact them?

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭ditzyfairy

I applied on the 4th of July and haven't received any grant pack or anything else apart from the confirmation email the day I applied - should you have to wait that long or should I contact them?

I applied the same say and got a call last Thursday to say my pack would be with me this week. If you don't hear anything by Wednesday, give them a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭eug87

Wondering if someone knows about the deadline for applying for a grant?.
    I only got the grant pack there 2 weeks ago and only managed to receive everything susi needs on last Friday.The susi pack will be sent tomorrow morning is that to late?

Is anyone else in the same position?Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Muir

eug87 wrote: »
    Wondering if someone knows about the deadline for applying for a grant?.
    I only got the grant pack there 2 weeks ago and only managed to receive everything susi needs on last Friday.The susi pack will be sent tomorrow morning is that to late?

Is anyone else in the same position?Cheers

No, the deadline for the online application is the 31st.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭eug87

Muir wrote: »
    No, the deadline for the online application is the 31st.

Alright
    Just a deadline for the online application.That's grand sent of the forms to susi tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭W86indow

applied online on the 8th of july

rang them again today and really nice guy on the phone says i am provisonally elligble and i will get a letter 2moro or wednesday

thank god

p21 2011 - check
    p60 2011- check
    birthcert -check
    proof of residency by Ptrb - check
    proof of irish address for past 5 years should be able to get that -check

will get a letter from landlord in the meantime just incase to confirm i been livin here and paying rent

GRANT PACK - COME AT ME BRO
    im ready to send all that out

• Registered Users Posts: 40 forrest gump

Hi I applied on the 5th of July. I am just off the phone to them now and was told that I should receive something in the post from this week. So you should be getting something soon from them hopefully its good news.

I applied 13 th June and haven't heard a thing. Just made my 4th phone call to them and was told that alot of applications that were made initially because of the high volumes had glitches and got overlooked.
    The guy said I will hear something in the next 2 weeks. I have to register for college before sept 3rd and need to let them know if I will be in receipt of a grant or not! Very frustrating!!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭madcharlie

Jwacqui wrote: »
    I applied 13 th June and haven't heard a thing. Just made my 4th phone call to them and was told that alot of applications that were made initially because of the high volumes had glitches and got overlooked.
    The guy said I will hear something in the next 2 weeks. I have to register for college before sept 3rd and need to let them know if I will be in receipt of a grant or not! Very frustrating!!

Hey ... everyone is in the same boat. When you are registering, just put down down that you have applied. Trust me , you will be one of many.

• Advertisement

madcharlie wrote: »

Hey ... everyone is in the same boat. When you are registering, just put down down that you have applied. Trust me , you will be one of many.

It's just frustrating. I've no idea if il be approved or not or what I need to send in to them. It's very annoying I had to ring 4 times aswell to find this information out.

Advertisement