Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone got a grant pack sent out to them yet?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Joni23

Does anyone know if the funds go direct to the university? If you were to pay it yourself so you could register on time, would you get it back when the grant came through?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Joni23 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the funds go direct to the university? If you were to pay it yourself so you could register on time, would you get it back when the grant came through?

If you pay the registration charge yourself the college will refund you when they receive it from SUSI.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Muir

Jwacqui wrote: »
    It's just frustrating. I've no idea if il be approved or not or what I need to send in to them. It's very annoying I had to ring 4 times aswell to find this information out.

They will send you a letter detailing what you need to send to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ITS_A_BADGER

I rang them again today, to see what the situation was and they said they sent a letter out to me, they said the same last week and its thursday now :/ i duno im a bit flustered, i got the letter from the college im to register with them on the 3rd september, id like to know where i stand like they said ive been provisionally approved, but ive nothing to prove that, no letter from them anyone else in the same boat?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Austypausty

I don't suppose anyone knows how long it'll take them to tell ya whether you're definitely getting it or not? I sent my stuff in late on Tuesday registered post and its just been delivered. I don't register til the 11th September and I doubt I'll hear anything before then but at least its out of the way:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭scoob70

I rang them again today, to see what the situation was and they said they sent a letter out to me, they said the same last week and its thursday now :/ i duno im a bit flustered, i got the letter from the college im to register with them on the 3rd september, id like to know where i stand like they said ive been provisionally approved, but ive nothing to prove that, no letter from them anyone else in the same boat?

Def in same boat as you badger - I'm going to Sligo too so my forms came this morning as well. I'm on JSA so no way do I have access to €2250 on the day. I am totally depending on SUSI to get their act together in time or I don't know what will happen. Maybe Sligo will offer the option of installments on the day, I just don't know :(:(.

scoob70 wrote: »
    Def in same boat as you badger - I'm going to Sligo too so my forms came this morning as well. I'm on JSA so no way do I have access to €2250 on the day. I am totally depending on SUSI to get their act together in time or I don't know what will happen. Maybe Sligo will offer the option of installments on the day, I just don't know :(:(.

same, im on JSA aswell and wont have the cash on the day either, but i hear they are reasonably ok as long as you tell them you applied for SUSI but i think they will deny you access to the library until you pay up or something like that, I dont know i dont even have a grant pack yet to show them that i was provisonally approved so its up in the air at the moment, just hope susi gets its ass in gear soon, if i knew it would have takin this long to get sorted i would have apllied on day 1 :pac:

same, im on JSA aswell and wont have the cash on the day either, but i hear they are reasonably ok as long as you tell them you applied for SUSI but i think they will deny you access to the library until you pay up or something like that, I dont know i dont even have a grant pack yet to show them that i was provisonally approved so its up in the air at the moment, just hope susi gets its ass in gear soon, if i knew it would have takin this long to get sorted i would have apllied on day 1 :pac:

Hey Badger - GOOD NEWS :D

Spoke to SUSI this morning and they said the grant to pay the contribution will def not be ready for registration day and it will take a few weeks for the final letters to go out. Therefore I decided to nip down to the IT and speak to them about the situation.

Just got back from IT Sligo admissions office now (lots of other students there too) and admissions said don't worry about SUSI not paying on time as on the day they will register us on a temp basis until the payments do come through from SUSI. They are also happy to do a letter to welfare to say I'm registered as a student so I can quickly move over to BTEA.

Hope this helps with your situation too :)

Hey Badger - GOOD NEWS :D

Spoke to SUSI this morning and they said the grant to pay the contribution will def not be ready for registration day and it will take a few weeks for the final letters to go out. Therefore I decided to nip down to the IT and speak to them about the situation.

Just got back from IT Sligo admissions office now (lots of other students there too) and admissions said don't worry about SUSI not paying on time as on the day they will register us on a temp basis until the payments do come through from SUSI. They are also happy to do a letter to welfare to say I'm registered as a student so I can quickly move over to BTEA.

Hope this helps with your situation too :)

You are a legend scoob! im in the exact same situation as yourself, the social welfare is cutting me off JA on the 10th i was worried about getting the letter from the college for BTEA coz i thought no registration fee = no letter for btea, Must buy ya a beer sometime during the college term!! thank you !!

You are a legend scoob! im in the exact same situation as yourself, the social welfare is cutting me off JA on the 10th i was worried about getting the letter from the college for BTEA coz i thought no registration fee = no letter for btea, Must buy ya a beer sometime during the college term!! thank you !!

Beer sounds good :D. Enjoy registration day :).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41 fennellryan

Jwacqui wrote: »
    I applied 13 th June and haven't heard a thing. Just made my 4th phone call to them and was told that alot of applications that were made initially because of the high volumes had glitches and got overlooked.
    The guy said I will hear something in the next 2 weeks. I have to register for college before sept 3rd and need to let them know if I will be in receipt of a grant or not! Very frustrating!!

I eventually got my grant pack this week - seven weeks after I applied! So I'm just getting all the documentation together at the moment to send back to them. It's definitely frustrating when you are just waiting and wondering are you going to get it! Hopefully you will get yours soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 fennellryan

I registered with NUIG this week but they will not send me out a letter to state that I am registered until after September 10th (I need this letter to give to the Social Welfare office for my BTEA application).

Did anyone else have to wait that long to get a letter stating you are registered?

umm so quick question, i decided to ring ahead and got the revenue documents needed for the second phase of the susi application, so i called em and asked for a p21, i fecked up and forgot to ask for a p45 so i rang them again yesterday to get one and today i got a p35l in the post, is a p35l what i was supposed to get:confused: what is a p35l?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Hi all,

I am moving on from a FETAC Level 5 to a level 6 this year and got the full grant last year. I got my grant pack this week, they sent me out a list a couple of weeks back with nothing on it and had to send me out a revised one. Can anyone advise me on a couple of points?

With regards to proof that I have been in the country for the last 5 years it says bank statements or utility bills, I don't have these dating back 5 years and only sat my LCA in 2011, starting in the school I'm 2009, I hadn't been in education for a long period of time before this. Does anyone know of any ways in which I can prove I have been in the country for the last 5 years.

Evidence of previous education, I assume my LCA results from 2011 should suffice, also I haven't received my FETAC cert from my Level 5 just yet but have a letter from my college, stating my results which I got at the end of May, I will probably give SUSI a ring anyway but just want to seeing anyone can give me any advice on here.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 ManÓg84

UCD has a different procedure in place where u can actually print out your own letter confirming registration..! its a generic letter and is accessible even prior to actual registration but obviously its useless untill the date of registration arrives. i registered for college yday and afterwards printed out the letter and handed it into the social welfare no probs. I'd go down to the nuig and plead your case pleasantly to the admissions people and if getting a hostile answer kick up a stink and demand to speak to their superiors..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

I got a phonecall today from susi asking me for information on my application. Nearly everything I sent out to them was asked again over the phone. Said I should receive a letter during the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭ditzyfairy

well i got a letter today saying i'm ineligible for it based on the fact i done 3 months of a level6/7 course 5years ago, but I called the help desk and they reckon I could appeal based on the fact the course I've applied for has an optional 4th year that would make it a level 8 so if I intend on doing the 4th year that would make me eligible.

Has anyone ever successfully appealed before?

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Tell the fees office in Sligo you are waiting on SUSI

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Zoe2011

Hi Everyone!

I have a question for you all...

I have received a letter from SUSI stating that I am eligible to progress to the next step of the student grant assessment process...

What does this means??

I am aware that now I have to post all documents but.. once they process everything will I then be entitled to the fee grant???

If anyone can help it would be fantastic!

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Gadfly Girl

W86indow wrote: »
    goin forward can people write down the

1) date they submitted their application
    2) date you got response/ recieve grant pack

im trying to get an idea how long its taking them to respond

(really confused my friend applied on 28th of june and got hers sent out to her weeks ago)

sent mine off on the 8th july heard so nothing yet i rang them its definetly submitted

I applied on 28th June, have not even received pack yet, phoned and told they received app and will be in touch, emailed last week, no response yet. So stressful.

• Advertisement

I applied on 28th June, have not even received pack yet, phoned and told they received app and will be in touch, emailed last week, no response yet. So stressful.

Dont be too worried, a lot of us didnt get the pack either, ive been told its in the post but havent got it yet either i know how ya feel not haven all this sorted, but what ya can do for now if ya havent already is get what ya might need ready to send off the pack back to them like a p21 and a p45 and stuff like that so you can send back the stuff asap, dont stress too much :)

Dont be too worried, a lot of us didnt get the pack either, ive been told its in the post but havent got it yet either i know how ya feel not haven all this sorted, but what ya can do for now if ya havent already is get what ya might need ready to send off the pack back to them like a p21 and a p45 and stuff like that so you can send back the stuff asap, dont stress too much :)

Thanks! I should be eligible, first time in 3rd level, starting a level 8 in TCD, just completed an access programme last year (no fees involved). I am a lone parent since separating in 2009 and have no other income. I'm just totally overwhelmed at the moment between all this grant/registration stuff and personal debts along with blooming incorrect charges from Eflow that is still unresolved. Cannot afford to stay in my home since change to rent caps but cannot find any accomodation within the specified limits anywhere near school my dd is starting JI in on Thurs (am willing to take 1 bed). Everything is getting on top of me, lost my phone today had put credit in it to make some phonecalls on Monday to get all the paperwork together. Very stressed, I'm sure you're all juggling your own craziness too :/

Sorry for off loading here...we'll all be in better situation a few years down the road hey :o

Thanks! I should be eligible, first time in 3rd level, starting a level 8 in TCD, just completed an access programme last year (no fees involved). I am a lone parent since separating in 2009 and have no other income. I'm just totally overwhelmed at the moment between all this grant/registration stuff and personal debts along with blooming incorrect charges from Eflow that is still unresolved. Cannot afford to stay in my home since change to rent caps but cannot find any accomodation within the specified limits anywhere near school my dd is starting JI in on Thurs (am willing to take 1 bed). Everything is getting on top of me, lost my phone today had put credit in it to make some phonecalls on Monday to get all the paperwork together. Very stressed, I'm sure you're all juggling your own craziness too :/

Sorry for off loading here...we'll all be in better situation a few years down the road hey :o

sorry to hear the world is getting you down, but in 3 or 4 years time you can smack the world back in the face with a degree in your hand!
    You sound like you should be elligible alright, just dont let it get you down this delay with the grant stuff is with all of us aswell so dont panic about it, i hope everything else will fall into place for you aswell, just dont give up!! remember as you said we'll all be in a better situation a few years down the road ;)

sorry to hear the world is getting you down, but in 3 or 4 years time you can smack the world back in the face with a degree in your hand!
    You sound like you should be elligible alright, just dont let it get you down this delay with the grant stuff is with all of us aswell so dont panic about it, i hope everything else will fall into place for you aswell, just dont give up!! remember as you said we'll all be in a better situation a few years down the road ;)

Thanks for listening :) I've decided to try be proactive and am looking for a carboot sale to do this morning eeing as I'm still awake lol :)

Hope everyone gets the positive answers they're waiting on and soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Monkey Sampan

I'll be posting my forms back tomorrow but I'm wondering...

Did anyone get the letter they mention to confirm attendance of past courses, or did you just send a photocopy of the award you got?

I'm just going to send photocopies of my two Fetac awards as I think they're proof enough I was there
    Plus, Fás phoned me the first time, and sent a text the second time to confirm I had a place on the course

The one I didn't complete was a PLC course I started 6 years ago but never officially dropped out
    I got a job and stopped showing up as I was pissed off with the place
    so all I have from them is a 'statement of results' where it's a mix of withdrawn or unsuccessful as I wasn't there to be graded

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

I'll be posting my forms back tomorrow but I'm wondering...

Did anyone get the letter they mention to confirm attendance of past courses, or did you just send a photocopy of the award you got?

I'm just going to send photocopies of my two Fetac awards as I think they're proof enough I was there
    Plus, Fás phoned me the first time, and sent a text the second time to confirm I had a place on the course

The one I didn't complete was a PLC course I started 6 years ago but never officially dropped out
    I got a job and stopped showing up as I was pissed off with the place
    so all I have from them is a 'statement of results' where it's a mix of withdrawn or unsuccessful as I wasn't there to be graded

Yup, I was asked for a copy of my degree and a letter from the college to say I went there (there was me thinking that the degree would suffice as proof that I went there!) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Austypausty

I did a course a few years ago and decided to leave but got persuaded to see it out. The only letter I have was the one saying that I left because they never sent me out the one saying that I went there. So I sent in a copy of my cert and the letter saying that I left :P Do ya think that'll do them or will it cause problems?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

I havent received any word from them yet, not even a request for any documents.

This is cutting it fine isnt it ? Whats the chances of me being eligible by next thursday ? And what the hell do I do if I'm not ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Scioch wrote: »
    I havent received any word from them yet, not even a request for any documents.

This is cutting it fine isnt it ? Whats the chances of me being eligible by next thursday ? And what the hell do I do if I'm not ?

The cut-off for application is next Thursday. As long as your application went in before then you will still be assessed for the grant. If you haven't heard from them maybe ring the help desk and check the status of your application.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

paperclip2 wrote: »
    The cut-off for application is next Thursday. As long as your application went in before then you will still be assessed for the grant. If you haven't heard from them maybe ring the help desk and check the status of your application.

But next Thursday is registration day and I have to have at the bare minimum proof of eligibility dont I ? Otherwise I have to pay the fees myself and then get reimbursed later in the year.

How much cash will I need if I dont have proof that I'm eligible for the grant to cover the fess ?

Advertisement