Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone got a grant pack sent out to them yet?

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Monkey Sampan

Moyglish wrote: »
    I got late confirmation that I got accepted on my course, have registration and induction tomorrow.

Only just got around to applying for a grant today as I didn't even know if I'd be going to college or not up until a few days ago.

Just been reading this thread here and I see a few people mentioned that the deadline for online applications was the 31st - I applied online today, didn't see anything about them not taking anymore applications.

Do you think my application will be ok and I haven't left it too late?

I'm really worried about not getting the grant.

Phone them, no one else can tell you for certain

Telephone: 0761 08 7874

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭michelleling

Moyglish wrote: »
    I got late confirmation that I got accepted on my course, have registration and induction tomorrow.

Only just got around to applying for a grant today as I didn't even know if I'd be going to college or not up until a few days ago.

Just been reading this thread here and I see a few people mentioned that the deadline for online applications was the 31st - I applied online today, didn't see anything about them not taking anymore applications.

Do you think my application will be ok and I haven't left it too late?

I'm really worried about not getting the grant.

You'll be grand. You just have to wait a little longer for your Grant approval if eligible. Other than that, enjoy college!

So is it just student contribution he's eligible for? is there any circumstances that he could get maintenance grant? over 23 etc?

He is eligible for both Student Contribution and Tuition Fees. And no, as long as he is not living in Ireland for 3 out of the last five years, he is not qualified for a maintenance grant.

He might try speaking to their social welfare system if unemployed to see if that is any possible way that he get the equivalent of Back to education Allowance in his country of origin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 eileen0707

so I just heard that the grant is supposed to be released to students on October 19th from a central fund? Can anyone confirm this?

eileen0707 wrote: »
    so I just heard that the grant is supposed to be released to students on October 19th from a central fund? Can anyone confirm this?

Confirmed, I heard it too but I doubt it. SUSI is very slow with the application process and the release of Grant can take a bit longer.

Nobody has got their Grant approved yet!.. It may take a while for the fund to come in, but after that, it should be fairly easy and by direct debit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 chatnoir87

eileen0707 wrote: »

Confirmed, I heard it too but I doubt it. SUSI is very slow with the application process and the release of Grant can take a bit longer.

Nobody has got their Grant approved yet!.. It may take a while for the fund to come in, but after that, it should be fairly easy and by direct debit

Received a letter I had to get stamped and signed from college and a text saying to send it back ASAP, it stated that my application is at the provisionally awarded stage and to complete and return your Final Course Acceptance form. Brillo padz.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭W86indow

chatnoir87 wrote: »
    Received a letter I had to get stamped and signed from college and a text saying to send it back ASAP, it stated that my application is at the provisionally awarded stage and to complete and return your Final Course Acceptance form. Brillo padz.

when did you send your grant pack back ?
    chatnoir87

W86indow wrote: »

when did you send your grant pack back ?
    chatnoir87

Late July ( 19th I think...) Will see what this week brings as I only sent it off Thursday!

Hey all, I was wondering if any one knows what this means. I surprisingly received a letter from SUSI this morning dated October 9th and it said (to my delight) that, (as a postgraduate student) I have been awarded 100% tuition fees AND 100% student contribution (subject to a maximum of €6,270). Does this mean that I get the 2000 AND 6270 off my fees?

I phoned up and the poor girl hadn't a clue. Any insight into this would be great.. Thanks allot!

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Hey all, I was wondering if any one knows what this means. I surprisingly received a letter from SUSI this morning dated October 9th and it said (to my delight) that, (as a postgraduate student) I have been awarded 100% tuition fees AND 100% student contribution (subject to a maximum of €6,270). Does this mean that I get the 2000 AND 6270 off my fees?

I phoned up and the poor girl hadn't a clue. Any insight into this would be great.. Thanks allot!

No - you just get 6270

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
Advertisement