Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

problem with phone line

• 28-06-2012 11:41pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi
    So last night our house was struck by lightning,downstairs the power went and then came back,this morning though we noticed that the phone wasn't working but the internet was but then we discovered that when you plug out the internet the phone will work and not the internet,Is this a serious problem? we called eircom and they said they'd send someone out

any advice appreciated

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Got a phone call back from eircom today telling us it was a vodafone issue,so we rang vodafone,they were telling us first we needed a new modem :rolleyes:(the modem is working) then they were telling us it was the DSL Filters,then they informed us that it was eircoms problem,then we asked them could they send out an engineer to see what was wrong,no of course they couldn't do that,so they eventually agreed to test the line and my mother got a txt off them saying it should be fixed now and do you think it was ? no.....loada bull,the issue presists,internet plugged in phone wont work and vice versa.my head is gonna explode.

sorry for the long rant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,338 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Could be the filter, have you tried another one?. Thats the easiest one to eliminate. If you're with Vodafone theres no point in ringing Eircom. If its a problem with the line vodafone will log a fault with Eircom on your behalf.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Could be the filter, have you tried another one?. Thats the easiest one to eliminate. If you're with Vodafone theres no point in ringing Eircom. If its a problem with the line vodafone will log a fault with Eircom on your behalf.

Well they were telling us to ring eircom because it was there problem,and bloody eircom were then telling us it was vodafone problem,so bloody annoying just fobbing us off like that and then getting a txt from vodafone saying the problem was fixed when it was isn't,joke.

wheres the cheapest place to buy filters?maplins in cork are charging 13 euro for one.we need at least 5 :rolleyes:

So we rang Vodafone again and there sending us a new modem,hopefully this sorts it

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Lee1850

Hi ..just saw your post now ...I have exactly the same problem and got the same runaround. I bought a new filter but it did not solve the issue. Did the new modem sort you out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Lee1850

Hi ..just saw your post now ...I have exactly the same problem and got the same runaround. I bought a new filter but it did not solve the problem. Did the new modem sort you out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Lee1850 wrote: »
    Hi ..just saw your post now ...I have exactly the same problem and got the same runaround. I bought a new filter but it did not solve the problem. Did the new modem sort you out?

Hi Lee. Replacing the modem most likely solved the problem. I've seen it many times, particularly after lightning, that the modem causes the problems described. Everything looks to be working on the modem but there's still a fault.
    Borrow a modem from a friend/neighbour if you can and test. If your ISP refuses to send one out just tell them you'll switch to someone else.

Advertisement