Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

line speed stats

Options
  • 29-06-2012 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Would anyone be abel to tell me what line rate should i be able to achieve with the following stats?
    thanks,
    Eoin

Upstream Downstream
    CurrRate(kbps) 128 1024
    MaxRate(kbps) 1224 2080
    NoiseMargin(dB) 31.0 14.1
    Attenuation(dB) 49.0 27.5
    Power(dBm) 11.2 16.0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭DRose1

Should be able to get a fairly stable 3mb down with those stats. Long distance from the exchange, but your noise margin is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭ctlsleh

Thanks, looking through some other threads, and using some of the calculators, they would seem to suggest that 8M is possible on an ADSL line and 15M on an ADSL2 line.....? would that make sense based on my line measurements?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

ctlsleh wrote: »
    Thanks, looking through some other threads, and using some of the calculators, they would seem to suggest that 8M is possible on an ADSL line and 15M on an ADSL2 line.....? would that make sense based on my line measurements?

Hi Ctsleh,

I've sent you on a PM.

Best wishes,
    Ant

Advertisement