Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can you freeze a stir fry?

• 29-06-2012 12:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I picked up two pre-packed mixes (vegs and egg noodles) and was going to make a chicken stir fry and freeze it, is it OK to be frozen? I think it can be frozen, but as I'm not 100% sure, I said I'd ask.

Thanks for any help :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Avox

I've frozen stir frys a few times before and am still alive! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Thanks a million! :)

Presumably - you cooked the chicken with vegs and froze it? Or am I wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Perfectly ok to freeze, cook everything fully. Make sure its piping hot after you've reheated it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

before freezing make sure you use the blanching method so you avoid total nutrient and flavour loss..

the process of freezing means a percentage of nutrients and flavour is lost once the ice crystals in the veg thaw..

for blanching put in warm water for a few seconds then in cold for a few seconds then put in an airtight bag and seal and put in the fridge put some ice underneath so the freezing of vegtable stirfry is uniform..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,135 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

A stir fry will not be nice from the freezer-won't make you sick, though.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

better to refridgerate for a limit of two days if you can,but if you have a whole quantity that could last over a week,freeze it,the blanching method before freezing ensures it keeps some of its flavour..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

for blanching put in warm water for a few seconds then in cold for a few seconds then put in an airtight bag and seal and put in the fridge put some ice underneath so the freezing of vegtable stirfry is uniform..
    Do you blanch before or after freezing?

I'm guessing after, as you said to put some ice underneath the stir fry in the fridge? I just want to be 100% sure before I attempt it.

Advertisement