Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Randy Blythe arrested for manslaughter

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Video footage, showing the young man's injury, has been provided. In the case of the fatal throw (after which he actually headbangs for a few moments) Randy was over the other side of the stage. The only member of Lamb of God on that side of the stage was playing his guitar and didn't even notice it.
    I'm sorry, but do you have a link to your findings? Preferrably the video itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

out of interest, what are people's thoughts on the new official donate to help pay Randy's legal fees fund? Would you donate or do you think the band has enough to cover this? Just curious. I've not given it much thought yet.

more info @ the ever interesting http://gunshyassassin.com/news/lamb-of-god-donations-sought-for-blythe-legal-defense/#more-27968

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

old gregg wrote: »
    out of interest, what are people's thoughts on the new official donate to help pay Randy's legal fees fund? Would you donate or do you think the band has enough to cover this? Just curious. I've not given it much thought yet.

more info @ the ever interesting http://gunshyassassin.com/news/lamb-of-god-donations-sought-for-blythe-legal-defense/#more-27968

I was actually curious about this one myself - seems a bit bad to be asking fans to help pay for legal fees, no? :confused: I mean, it's one thing supporting a band by buying albums, t-shirts, other merch, gig tickets etc. but actually giving money for this? It just seems a bit odd to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Video footage, showing the young man's injury, has been provided.
    Where is this footage?
    old gregg wrote:
    Someone screwed up royally here with an apparent breakdown in communication and they should be the ones pursued for costs. Either the Czech authorities have done a nasty entrapment job and should be held accountable or (more likely in my opinion) someone on the American side of things (manager, promoter, tour organiser) neglected to inform the people affected that this was happening. Whether that was through arrogance or incompetence or a bit of both will, unfortunately be as difficult to prove as the possible Czech entrapment.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭TheStickyBandit

I've always followed gunshyassasain as he does a regular piece on Chris Adler. That's actually where I came across the Gauntlet.

As for the donation fund, I think it is clear to most that Metal bands aren't going to be featuring on MTV Cribs as they're not as rich as say, the pop singers who have multiple #1's on a regular basis. Tbh, they earn enough, but I dont think they're earning millions either. No doubt they've enlisted the most **** hot lawyers to try and untangle this clusterfuck of a situation.

Do I think it's right to ask fans to help? Hell yes, if everyone donated the price of a pint that would allow for the situation to be rectified a lot sooner.
    It's quite clear that the Czech authorities are having a laugh and it was most certainly a case of entrapment. I bet Randy is in quite a ****ty state of mind now, it's not long after him getting over his demons and then this gets thrown at him. All I can say is I sure as hell wouldn't like this hanging over my head!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

The fury that will be unleashed on the next album should be quite something.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'm really shocked by this just after hearing it now

I was actually curious about this one myself - seems a bit bad to be asking fans to help pay for legal fees, no? :confused: I mean, it's one thing supporting a band by buying albums, t-shirts, other merch, gig tickets etc. but actually giving money for this? It just seems a bit odd to me.

surely he can cover his own legal fees?

A message from Chris Adler.
    Fans,

First of all, thanks to everyone who has reached out in support of Randy and each of us in this terrible situation. It’s noted and very much appreciated.

We have been keeping our heads down and not speaking out due to the fluid nature of the situation and the constantly changing information that even we receive daily. Within an hour things can do endless 180’s. It’s maddening to try and make heads or tails.

We’re taking the time to speak to you as it has been a significant period of time since this situation began and while nothing is immediately clear to any of us, we are not trying to keep anyone in the dark.

We have reached out and are making use of the resources we have acquired to help our brother who is still detained in Czech jail.

In the two years since, we were never notified of anything related to this incident.

Randy is our brother and we assure you, we are all staying very positive for him, working endlessly behind the scenes to provide any and all assistance possible.

The best we can do is to stay positive and continue to support our friend that we know is innocent.

We know that justice will prevail and we will continue to do our part to support our friend.

~Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

As for the donation fund, I think it is clear to most that Metal bands aren't going to be featuring on MTV Cribs as they're not as rich as say, the pop singers who have multiple #1's on a regular basis. Tbh, they earn enough, but I dont think they're earning millions either. No doubt they've enlisted the most **** hot lawyers to try and untangle this clusterfuck of a situation.
    I think its obvious they don't earn as much as mainstream pop,its no secret the bulk of the money metal bands make is from touring. A quick wikipedia search has also told me there have been no MTV Cribs episodes since 2008 so not even popstars will be appearing on it let alone LOG.
    surely he can cover his own legal fees?
    I wouldn't be too sure Mikael Akerfeld of Opeth stated a few years back he was only just getting comfortable on being able to live off music I think at this point they'd released about 7 r 8 albums, considering LOG play in or around the same size venues my guess is they make around the same as them.

Do I think it's right to ask fans to help? Hell yes, if everyone donated the price of a pint that would allow for the situation to be rectified a lot
    Thats fair enough but I don't think its the price of pint donations they'd be most interested in but like tesco every little helps I suppose. I think its a shame the band have to stoop to this and me personally I think others who are not Randy Blythe who have suffered severe injustices would not have this outlet, for instance would Randy Blythe pay your legal fees?? Slash has again tweeted about the situation and donating do you think has he donated??

As for the new statement from the band ...terrible, we have been keeping quiet until now etc. yet tell us nothing that we don't already know. They say on last line they "know" justice will prevail...if thats what they think why does the man continue to spend days in prison?, why are you asking for donations then?

I think its obvious they don't earn as much as mainstream pop,its no secret the bulk of the money metal bands make is from touring. A quick wikipedia search has also told me there have been no MTV Cribs episodes since 2008 so not even popstars will be appearing on it let alone LOG.

It was merely a turn of phrase.
    Thats fair enough but I don't think its the price of pint donations they'd be most interested in but like tesco every little helps I suppose. I think its a shame the band have to stoop to this and me personally I think others who are not Randy Blythe who have suffered severe injustices would not have this outlet, for instance would Randy Blythe pay your legal fees?? Slash has again tweeted about the situation and donating do you think has he donated??

Yes, every little does help! Also I couldn't give a continental shite what Slash does.
    As for the new statement from the band ...terrible, we have been keeping quiet until now etc. yet tell us nothing that we don't already know. They say on last line they "know" justice will prevail...if thats what they think why does the man continue to spend days in prison?, why are you asking for donations then?

I don't understand what your saying here. They obviously know from talking to Randy and the authorities that there is no evidence/case, but it's just the clusterfuck of a scenario that they are in and due process will tell a lot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

It was merely a turn of phrase.
    Sorry Never heard the phrase
    Yes, every little does help! Also I couldn't give a continental shite what Slash does.

Yet you think the regular punters should donate...
    I don't understand what your saying here. They obviously know from talking to Randy and the authorities that there is no evidence/case, but it's just the clusterfuck of a scenario that they are in and due process will tell a lot.
    I was basically rendering this latest statement a pointless exercise, but you're right looks like we'll have to play this one out...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I'm sure for legal reasons there's a lot the band can't say much as they might want to. On another note thanks to everyone for keeping it polite when posting on this thread :).

Yet you think the regular punters should donate..

Not really tbh. The option is there if anyone wants to. People were offering and now people have donated.

Regardless of whether Randy is innocent or not, he was granted bail, he paid the bail and should be released pending a court date, why was he allowed to post bail if he wasn't free to go?

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭viadah

http://gunshyassassin.com/news/lamb-of-gods-willie-adler-responds-to-donation-backlash/#more-28012

Band response to the backlash over the legal fund. Way I see it, no one is being guilted into donating, and a lot of people would be willing to help out. Yes, Randy Blythe earns over 200,000 dollars a year, but he just spunked that up a wall getting no bail from prison. The way I understand record labels to work, the band is still going to have to use what they earned to put back into the band, and I'm sure we're looking at loss of earnings from the cancelled shows and such. If this were just some guy that got into trouble in the Czech Republic, no one would give a rat's ass. But if you're interested in the guy getting out to make more music that you're gonna be looking forward to and ya have a couple of quid to spare, there's not gonna be a lot of harm done in contributing to your future aural pleasure. On that note, I'm a broke bastard, but if I had the funds I'd contribute, and oddly enough I don't care for Lamb of God's music at all. I'd be more concerned with the potential outcome of copycat cases springing up if the man is found guilty, so I'd applaud anyone who could actively support the cause. Think about it, we all know this kind of thing happens at other gigs, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

What the heck happened here?! That hair drag ain't pretty.. more bitchy I see em described as Metal-core is that basically Thrash repackaged? Punk-infused metal and the degeneracy you could indulge in at such small-scale tightknit shows with no barricade was the real draw for me in metal many repeatedly, drunkenly, druggedly, doing it think that classic Napalm Death footage literally queues so when did the band's space become so sacred? If anything they'd have dragged us up by the hair; not off?! This is a surreal thing for me to see in such an environment :( RIP; kid sea mustve parted when their hero swung him out there; guess you don't catch that. Anyhow I ain't no ****in barrister

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

LH Pathe wrote: »
    kid sea mustve parted when their hero swung him out there; guess you don't catch that. Anyhow I ain't no ****in barrister

Are you posting on this forum, drunk....again:rolleyes

Funny enough I understand the general feeling of what you're trying to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,482 ✭✭✭weisses

On a positive note ... They will have enough writing material to put onto their new album :rolleyes: .. Not that Randy does a lot of the writing but still

weisses wrote: »
    ..Not that Randy does a lot of the writing but still

Where are you getting this info?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Where are you getting this info?
    Is it not common knowledge that Randy does little to fuck all of LoG's writing?

Nailz wrote: »
    Is it not common knowledge that Randy does little to fuck all of LoG's writing?

I always thought Randy wrote most, apart from a few that Mark would chip in on!

• Advertisement

I always thought Randy wrote most, apart from a few that Mark would chip in on!

From what I was aware he didn't write much

I mean, not just any aul' ejeit can take up the art of songwriting...that takes a special talent....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

if memory serves, in the Sacrament (making of) DVD the rest of the band talked about writing the music together and waiting for Randy to appear with the lyrics.

old gregg wrote: »
    if memory serves, in the Sacrament (making of) DVD the rest of the band talked about writing the music together and waiting for Randy to appear with the lyrics.

That's what I was thinking of too. I remember Mark writing the lyrics for Descending as Randy couldn't get a feel for the song at all.

Where are the rest of ye getting the info on Randy not writing the lyrics? (genuine question)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,482 ✭✭✭weisses

Was looking at the DVD {walk with me in hell} i believe ... And they were talking about Randy only showing up to sing what was written

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Are you posting on this forum, drunk....again:rolleyes

Funny enough I understand the general feeling of what you're trying to say.

naw man, just been away too long did the kid encroach on the performers in any way? Was his repeated stage invasions out of kilter with the general atmosphere, where once would have sufficed. It's still unsettling to see this guy pin him to the floor and drag him off by the hair, really was the case where anything did go back in the day long as it was good natured - genuine anger toward anyone inside tended to be dealt with and ejected this custom is more documented than the isolated redneck/dimebag incident. I wanna know why this 'randy' lad lost his temper and ceased to tolerate this kid in probably the only environment he thought would have him

http://gunshyassassin.com/news/prosecutor-files-complaint-seeking-to-extend-blythes-detention/

Feels like steam is running out on this topic here! So now the guy is looking at more jail time even though he posted bail. Starting to become more about a case of wrongful imprisonment, from an outside point of view I'd imagine the authorities there will be hell bent on proving a case against him to justify not releasing him.

I think the wind has been taken out of the sails somewhat because there seems to be a genuine lack of information coming through, based on Internet gossip and rumour.

In his original interview with the Czech site, Lamb of God's manager said they'd been told it could be 20 days in jail for Randy before release, and it looks like they were right. The Czech system obviously means that they have powers to hold someone in jail longer even if they haven't charged this person. Randy is probably (in the eyes of his prosecutors) a flight risk who will leave jail, get on a plane and go to the US...after which the country will have a difficult time attempting to get him back.

I personally think that the evidence has shown Randy's involvement was, at the very most, minimal and that they cannot simply expect to hold this man in jail indefinately while they build a case simply to make themselves look good.

The Czech Police seem to need a scapegoat for this crime, a young man is dead, and that's the biggest problem. They are looking for someone to blame, and the man on stage holding the microphone is an easy target, all things considered.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Why isn't the record label paying his fees? is that not their job?

etloveslsd wrote: »
    Why isn't the record label paying his fees? is that not their job?

Ah, the innocence of youth.....

• Advertisement

http://gunshyassassin.com/news/security-guard-told-lamb-of-god-fan-to-stay-off-stage/#more-28127

Some good work being done on Randy's behalf here by the Gauntlet. Video evidence will exonerate Randy as long as the authorities allow it, at this stage the charge of involuntary manslaughter has been obliterated by the videos. In my opinion.

Advertisement