Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Randy Blythe arrested for manslaughter

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

i think the kid was out of kilter with the show. which is unusual, for a hardcore club performance usually based on attracting such but then i'm not with the times..

just don't let em kill off stage 'invasions'. \m/

/some lad stitches tardy a loaf @1:22. does he look bothered?

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭TheStickyBandit

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭viadah

http://gunshyassassin.com/news/28446/

Still not sucking any less to be Randy Blythe, guy's going through the ****ing wringer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

This is really bad news, I still don't know whether they've actually charged him with anything, or whether this is just a stall tatic. If it was me personally I'd be attempting to force them to make a decision over charges and then present evidence for a case. I can only assume the problem lies with the courts.

It doesn't seem right to spend a possible six months in jail if you haven't even been charged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Fenian Army

This is really bad news, I still don't know whether they've actually charged him with anything, or whether this is just a stall tatic. If it was me personally I'd be attempting to force them to make a decision over charges and then present evidence for a case. I can only assume the problem lies with the courts.

It doesn't seem right to spend a possible six months in jail if you haven't even been charged.
    Look at Ireland, there are people in jails for over a year without being charged.

• Advertisement

Look at Ireland, there are people in jails for over a year without being charged.

That is a disgrace and shouldn't be tolerated

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

That is a disgrace and shouldn't be tolerated
    I'm pretty sure most of them are held within reason, such as the severity of their crime, likeliness of fleeing the country, number of previous convictions and affiliations with crime gangs. If there is a good reason for them to be held then I would have no problem with it. There's no point in jumping the gun and calling it a disgrace without considering why it's done.

Nailz wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure most of them are held within reason, such as the severity of their crime, likeliness of fleeing the country, number of previous convictions and affiliations with crime gangs. If there is a good reason for them to be held then I would have no problem with it. There's no point in jumping the gun and calling it a disgrace without considering why it's done.

Well, in the case of Randy and his situation, his manager has given an interview and said Randy will be more than happy to return to the country for his trial if/when he did travel home on bail. So at least in this situation, given Randy is a well known musician, there is little chance of him staying at home.

Well, in the case of Randy and his situation, his manager has given an interview and said Randy will be more than happy to return to the country for his trial if/when he did travel home on bail. So at least in this situation, given Randy is a well known musician, there is little chance of him staying at home.
    That's fair enough, but I was referring to the general part of the discussion in which Fenian Army mentioned that people in Ireland are held in jail as well, in fact it happens in America too. So I don't know why LoG's manager kept on saying things like "This sort of thing never happens in America" when it clearly does.

The thing about the situation in the Czech Republic is that he is being held after the initial bail was posted — why set bail at all? — but this is the only foreign aspect of Randy's stay in jail. I object to the idea that because he is a famous musician and because the manager says they intend on returning for a potential trial, that they actually will fly out. That's fairly presumptuous, although I don't doubt they would go if summoned.

True enough, I don't know if someone wasn't making a more Political comment just before and that's not what I was intending, I suppose if there is questionable doubt about a person's innocence we should be wary, but there is a fine line between questionable doubt and rumoured conjecture, both of which can keep someone in jail longer then they deserve to be

I hope, for all concerned, this situation is resolved. I hope that this boy's parents get justice too or at least find answers for the death of their Son.

• Advertisement

I agree with all of that. I have followed this thread since it was started, but when it came to people questioning how the death came about, was Randy holding him by the hair, and people duly taking one side or the other based on their opinions on the matter, I chose to stay out of it because I'm not sure I have a clear enough picture to actually hold a solid view-point. There is likely to be a lot of evidence going in favour of either party which the public haven't seen yet for reasons that it may have to be used in a potential trial, and rightfully so may I say.

But if I was to hold a position on this, and it was the case that Randy definitely had a hold of his head whilst throwing him off stage, and that was the difference between that kid living and dying, than I do think some sort of a involuntary manslaughter charge is due, but this is all hypothetical, no one keyboard warrior actually knows what evidence is available, no matter how much they type "Fuck the Czech Republic" on the Internet.

Nailz wrote: »
    I agree with all of that. I have followed this thread since it was started, but when it came to people questioning how the death came about, was Randy holding him by the hair, and people duly taking one side or the other based on their opinions on the matter, I chose to stay out of it because I'm not sure I have a clear enough picture to actually hold a solid view-point. There is likely to be a lot of evidence going in favour of either party which the public haven't seen yet for reasons that it may have to be used in a potential trial, and rightfully so may I say.

But if I was to hold a position on this, and it was the case that Randy definitely had a hold of his head whilst throwing him off stage, and that was the difference between that kid living and dying, than I do think some sort of a involuntary manslaughter charge is due, but this is all hypothetical, no one keyboard warrior actually knows what evidence is available, no matter how much they type "Fuck the Czech Republic" on the Internet.

I don't think anyone is disputing those facts. Why I and many others are annoyed is, he is still being held after posting quite a large ammount of bail and noone over there gives a crap. Plus it was also a case of entrapment. I'm all for letting evidence to be heard in court, but I think it's turned into a shambles of a situation to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

it was also a case of entrapment.
    How so?

Malice wrote: »
    How so?

Well, I meant it was sneaky as hell the way the entire band were arrested and upon their arrest it was their first time hearing of the death of Daniel Noesek.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Well, I meant it was sneaky as hell the way the entire band were arrested and upon their arrest it was their first time hearing of the death of Daniel Noesek.

While I'd largely agree with you here, my understanding according to the recent statement from Randy's Czech attorney Martin Radvan is that it's the U.S. Department Of Justice who have royally messed this one up.
    Interview here: http://gunshyassassin.com/news/lamb-of-god-frontman-doesnt-feel-hes-being-treated-unfairly-writing-book-in-jail/

As far as I'm aware it was only Randy that was arrested. Aren't the rest of the band back in the USA? As for it being sneaky that it was only on their return to the Czech Republic that they learned of the death of the fan, I've already state that American arrogance could have been the root cause there rather than something more sinister.

As far as I'm aware it was only Randy that was arrested. Aren't the rest of the band back in the USA? As for it being sneaky that it was only on their return to the Czech Republic that they learned of the death of the fan, I've already state that American arrogance could have been the root cause there rather than something more sinister.

I read the entire band were arrested and all bar randy were later released.

I read the entire band were arrested and all bar randy were later released.
    Where?

Where?

I can't seem to find it now. I think it was a twitter conversation. Perhaps I misinterpreted it as I remember Mark saying they were all in the Police station and they were told to go home.

After reading old gregg's GSA link about the cock up on the US's side. It really looks grim for Randy now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

He still isn't out yet? Just over a week to go until the band are due to begin a North American tour, they might be forced to scupper part or all of that.

• Advertisement

I can't seem to find it now. I think it was a twitter conversation. Perhaps I misinterpreted it as I remember Mark saying they were all in the Police station and they were told to go home.
    Fair enough, I thought I'd missed something in what I'd read. No doubt they travelled with him to see just what was going on. I know I would do the same in that situation.

http://gunshyassassin.com/news/lamb-of-gods-randy-blythe-freed-heading-home/

Poor ****er finally gets to go home, court case pending.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I wonder when the court case will be

viadah wrote: »
    http://gunshyassassin.com/news/lamb-of-gods-randy-blythe-freed-heading-home/

Poor ****er finally gets to go home, court case pending.
    That's great to hear and long overdue. Pity the author of the linked article couldn't resist putting this gem in:
    The Czech Republic has forever tarnished its reputation with metal fans

Great news!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

That's great to hear and long overdue. Pity the author of the linked article couldn't resist putting this gem in:

Yeah that's bull****. Fair enough it was handled badly but they don't need to speak for every metal fan.

'The Czech Republic has forever tarnished its reputation with metal fans.'

Yes, forever will the Czech Republic be darkened in our minds. It's our Auschwitz now.

'Ar-Blythe Macht Frei'. I'm ****ing he-he-larious.

I wonder when the court case will be

Probably not for a while. A press release yesterday mentioned that the band are rescheduling their US tour but have still agreed to play Knotfest. Randy also won't be making any comments or speaking about the incident until at least next week, giving him time to get back home and spend some time with his family.

Cynically, I suppose you could say his recent incarceration and the fact that no other US dates are scheduled (and the fact he could potentially end up in jail for life if things go very bad) mean that lots of fans will flock to this event to see what could be their last concert with Randy. That being the case the gate revenue expected will be much higher and Lamb of God will be able to make some money back

They're looking at October for rescheduled American dates, which either means the trial date won't be for a few months, following a scheduling date (if there is a trial that Randy is forced to attend, he might not be required to attend in certain circumstances) and this could be well into 2013...on the other hand, they could decide to speed things up by having a trial in September, but if they have let him go back to America I think it's unlikely there will be criminal charges brought against him directly at this point.

Now, let me be clear that I state myself correctly at this point, because a few people have had trouble understanding me on this point before. I'm not suggesting therefore that Randy stay in the US and give a middle finger to the Czech authorities should they request he return to the country for trial...however, I am thinking that the Czech authorities know how difficult an extradition would be and despite what Lamb of God's manager says it's not the easiest thing in the world to bring him back if he is unwilling to go. I think the Czech authorities have the idea in their head that he is not the guilty party in a personal sense and that they will not bring criminal charges against him as an individual and that's why he's been allowed to leave the country.

• Advertisement

End of this chapter until a court case is brought, statement from Randy Blythe as reported over at Gunshyassassin.com:

http://gunshyassassin.com/news/lamb-of-gods-randy-blythe-issues-official-statement/#more-29390

After spending more than a month in a Prague prison cell on bull**** charges, Randy Blythe of Lamb of God is back home. He spent his first weekend back in Richmond, and at some point during the last two days, scratched down a statement on the situation.
    “Greetings. This is D. Randall Blythe, checking in from my beloved hometown of Richmond, VA, United States of America. I was recently released on bail from Pankrác Prison in Prague, Czech Republic, after over a month of incarceration,” the missive from Blythe begins. “Now that I am out for the moment, I would like to say a few things.

“1. While in prison, I had minimal knowledge of how my case was viewed anywhere but the Czech Republic. I was told by my attorney that I had a lot support from peers in the music industry, my hometown, fans, and of course my family. I cannot express how emotional it made me upon my release to read about even a fraction of the voices that were raised on my behalf.

“From legends in my music community, to fans across the world, and even people who were previously unaware of my existence but sympathized with my plight — I am truly humbled. I cannot thank you enough for your thoughts and prayers. I would especially like to thank the people of Richmond, VA, for standing by me. In the 48 hours I have been home, many people I have never met before have stopped me on the street, waved and smiled as I passed by, or said hello in a restaurant. All have said ‘We are glad you are home, Randy.’ You all make me proud and grateful that I call Richmond home.

“2. I would like [to] state that I suffered no abuse, from either authorities or inmates, during my incarceration in Pankrác. I received no special treatment, and was in general population with everyone else — make no mistake, it was prison, not some celebrity rehab tv show.

“But I was treated fairly by the guards and kindly by my fellow inmates. People are dying of starvation all over the world. Men and women are losing their lives daily in the Middle East and other war torn regions. I had food, clothes, shelter, and no one was trying to kill me. I cannot complain over a short stay in prison while many people elsewhere fight to survive on a daily basis.

“3. If it is deemed necessary for me to do so, I WILL return to Prague to stand trial. While I maintain my innocence 100%, and will do so steadfastly, I will NOT hide in the United States, safe from extradition and possible prosecution,” Blythe affirms.

“As I write this, the family of a fan of my band suffers through the indescribably tragic loss of their child. They have to deal with constantly varying media reports about the circumstances surrounding his death. I am charged with maliciously causing severe bodily harm to this young man, resulting in his death. While I consider the charge leveled against me ludicrous and without qualification, my opinion makes no difference in this matter.

“The charge exists, and for the family of this young man, questions remain. The worst possible pain remains. It is fairly common knowledge amongst fans of my band that I once lost a child as well. I, unfortunately, am intimately familiar with what their pain is like. Therefore, I know all too well that in their time of grief, this family needs and deserves some real answers, not a media explosion followed by the accused killer of their son hiding like a coward thousands of miles away while they suffer. I am a man. I was raised to face my problems head on, not run from them like a petulant child. I hope that justice is done, and the family of Daniel N. will receive the closure they undoubtably need to facilitate healing. I feel VERY STRONGLY that as an adult, it would be both irresponsible and immoral for me not to return to Prague if I am summoned. This is not about bail money. This is about a young man who lost his life. I will act with honor, and I will fight to clear my good name in this matter. Thank you for reading this, and I wish you all peace.”

Advertisement