Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To hangover or not to hangover!

Options
  • 29-06-2012 4:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭

Seems like the most appropriate time to discuss this, as I need to be in work in less than 5 hours. Is it a good idea to avoid sleeping so as to avoid the inevitable hangover in the morning or should I just play pokemon and watch Arrested Development all night whilst trying to sober myself up?

Has anyone else done this? Am I mad? And how can I sober up, glasses of ice water a good idea? Hair of dog? Eye of newt?(my aunt fanny swears by it:p)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

jaydoxx wrote: »
    Seems like the most appropriate time to discuss this, as I need to be in work in less than 5 hours. Is it a good idea to avoid sleeping so as to avoid the inevitable hangover in the morning or should I just play pokemon and watch Arrested Development all night whilst trying to sober myself up?

Has anyone else done this? Am I mad? And how can I sober up, glasses of ice water a good idea? Hair of dog? Eye of newt?(my aunt fanny swears by it:p)

Sleep! A few hours is better than none. You'll feel better for it come lunch time tomorr. Drinks lots of water now!

Arrested development is **** btw

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Both options in op involve you staying awake but be warned, the 3pm slump will become the 11am slump.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

You will have a waking hangover. A bizarre experience the first time it occurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭jaydoxx

Sleep! A few hours is better than none. You'll feel better for it come lunch time tomorr. Drinks lots of water now!

I was about to take your word for it until I saw that part:eek:

Guys does it make any difference that I only had 5 shots? I mean is a hangover even a possibility at this point?:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

If you are likely to get sleep soon, then that. If you are likely to spend ages before getting sleep such that you are likely to sleep in, and be late for work then don't.

Edit: I can verify the water thing works. If it helps, I'm a fan of Arrested Development :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

As mentioned in the above posts, drink a pint of water and get some sleep. Then in the morning get a breakfast roll, a can of lucozade and take some solpadeine. You'll be invincible for the day! * You'll be wrecked later that night though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

these are questions you answer thru your own life experiences

Pushtrak wrote: »
    If you are likely to get sleep soon, then that. If you are likely to spend ages before getting sleep such that you are likely to sleep in, and be late for work then don't.

Edit: I can verify the water thing works. If it helps, I'm a fan of Arrested Development :pac:

Thats a fair point actually cos my alarm clock is currently being replaced for general faultiness( I gots me the alarm clock designed to wake deaf people).

I probably won't ever wake up but is there anything I can do before I go to work that'll help me not die?

Would that breakfast roll and lucozade work minus the sleeping part?:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

I was about to take your word for it until I saw that part:eek:

Guys does it make any difference that I only had 5 shots? I mean is a hangover even a possibility at this point?:pac:

5 shots? You serious?! Go back out or raid the drink cabinet do another 5 and then come back to us!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Thats a fair point actually cos my alarm clock is currently being replaced for general faultiness( I gots me the alarm clock designed to wake deaf people).

I probably won't ever wake up but is there anything I can do before I go to work that'll help me not die?

Would that breakfast roll and lucozade work minus the sleeping part?:pac:

It may do. The caffeine in the lucozade will help. You'll probably be so tired and dehydrated by not getting sleep however that it mightn't be enough. The caffeine in the solpadeine along with the painkilling ingredients will help too.

I've never pulled an all nighter and gone in, although I used to work weekend shifts in a factory and used to come home around 4 am go to bed and be up at 7 to go into work. It wasn't pretty but like I said the lucozade, breakfast roll and solpadeine took the pain away :D

It'll depends on your age too. When I was 18, 19 I used to go into college without any sleep after drinking Tequila and Guinness all night and there wasn't a bother on me. As you get older it gets harder!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Where's the stay up drinking option?

This should get you to 1 - you should then probably try get some sleep in the bathroom for your lunch break. After that you will experience hell but a lucozade and chicken fillet roll should give you a brief 5 minutes relief.

• Site Banned Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Lionel Messy

Alot of folks don't have a bleedin job now. Here's an ignorant lad going on his daddy's internet at 4 odd in the morning asking if he's too hungover. No, your not. Drink straight absinthe mixed with pocheen - please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

What had you starting drinkin at half 3 in the mornin anyway OP? Go to bed, your probably sober already

Hey I've done the whole absinthe nights without a bother on me but that was me as a stupid teenager. Now I'm a slightly less stupid young adult with things that need doing at 9am and I havn't a clue what to expect tomorrow.

I don't even know if i'll even get a hangover but I'd love to know how the responsible adults at boards.ie manage to avoid this sh!te :pac:

I'l head to the shops for the breakfast roll, solpadeine and lucozade then, hope it all goes well :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Eh, have to agree with everyone here. 5 shots is nothing and 4 odd hours sleep is a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Eh, have to agree with everyone here. 5 shots is nothing and 4 odd hours sleep is a lot.

Maybe he's a slim boy. And sure as John Giles would say, "he's a game lad", he made a decent effort and fair play to him.

Advertisement