Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virginia creeper

Options
  • 29-06-2012 7:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭

Hi all, does anybody know where I can get Virginia creeper at the moment, I can't seem to find it anywhere. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Monsclara

mattb74 wrote: »
    Hi all, does anybody know where I can get Virginia creeper at the moment, I can't seem to find it anywhere. Thanks

I've got one in my backyard which is way out of control and am thinking about getting rid of it at the end of the season. You are welcome to some cuttings if you want to try that now or wait til end of season.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭kynzvart

You should be able to get it at any garden center.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭BlazingSaddler

kynzvart wrote: »
    You should be able to get it at any garden center.

As I said, I can't seem to get it anywhere at the moment having tried the obvious garden centres: Plantagen, Woodies, B&Q. Any other ideas?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

mattb74 wrote: »
    As I said, I can't seem to get it anywhere at the moment having tried the obvious garden centres: Plantagen, Woodies, B&Q. Any other ideas?

Pergola Nurseries up in in "Virginia" County Cavan will have it.

Fantastic place to buy "hard to get" plants and flowers.:D

We bought from them before last year and the selection and quality of plants was/is fantastic indeed.

Well worth the trip.:D

Also have a look in Jones Garden Centre out on the Donabate Road and also Tullys Nurseries out in Ballyboughal,North County Dublin.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭BlazingSaddler

paddy147 wrote: »
    Pergola Nurseries up in in "Virginia" County Cavan will have it.

Fantastic place to buy "hard to get" plants and flowers.:D

We bought from them before last year and the selection and quality of plants was/is fantastic indeed.

Well worth the trip.:D

Also have a look in Jones Garden Centre out on the Donabate Road and also Tullys Nurseries out in Ballyboughal,North County Dublin.:)

Thank you Paddy, now that's a very helpful reply!, much appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Monsclara

Matt. You could also call http://www.dunnesgardencentre.com/

They have just started up and have a lot of stock. They are a really helpful bunch. It's about an hour's drive from the M50

Advertisement