Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fraud on my PayPal - €60 transferred to BoI account

• 29-06-2012 8:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭

Hi

While checking my PayPal account this morning, I was shocked to see nearly €60 of my paypal balance was lodged into an unknown bank of ireland account.

I am requesting a chargeback of some sort or if you guys could send back all the money that was lodged into the account?

I have the bank account number that was used.

I rang up PayPal, they said to contact the bank it was lodged to and you can sort it out

PM me

If you need to call me, please do so on xxxxxx (i will delete my number from the thread once you get back to me, just so i know you have it)

I would call you guys but I am stuck with no credit

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

The four separate lodgements that were lodged to the account were:

€5.26

€31.44

€4.89

€17.27

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

Hi Sam Mac.

I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble getting this issue resolved. I understand that PayPal have asked you to contact Bank of Ireland in relation to this, unfortunately this is not the case.

PayPal will need to look into this matter for you.
    I hope you get this issue resolved promptly.

We would like to remind you to never post any personal details within this forum.

Thanks for your query.
    Laura

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

No, they said that the transaction is completed. I may have phrased this wrong. I put the money into the wrong account. Its sitting in a wrong bank account. can you help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

Hi.

As this account is not in your own name, we are unable to transfer these funds at your request.

However, if you contact the account holding branch in writing, including all details of the transfers, the branch may be able to contact the customer on your behalf.

If you are unsure of which branch to contact, you can call Banking 365 on 0818 365 365 with the sort code and they will be able to advise you.

Hope this helps.
    Laura

Advertisement