Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ordering off Dabs through Laser Card

Options
  • 29-06-2012 9:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭

Hey guys currently having trouble ordering off dabs with my Laser card. Slightly confused as why there isn't any option for laser to begin but my problem seems to be that my card is always declined after the AIB security check. I am 100% certain that i am entering the right details but i just want to double check to see if other people had problems with order by laser with Dabs.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

As far as i know, dabs doesn't accept laser cards, I've never been able to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

As far as i know, dabs doesn't accept laser cards, I've never been able to do it.

But it says they do right on their site :confused:http://www.dabs.ie/articles/help/new-to-dabs/what-payment-methods-do-you-accept--2036.html

"We are happy to accept all the main credit/debit cards apart from Visa Electron, Diners Club, JCB, Laser and Discover, provided that the card is registered to an Eire address."

Re-read it. :)

It looks and sounds weird, but they still don't accept lasers

"We are happy to accept all the main credit/debit cards apart from Visa Electron, Diners Club, JCB, Laser and Discover, provided that the card is registered to an Eire address."

Re-read it. :)

It looks and sounds weird, but they still don't accept lasers

Ahhh my bad. Oddly phrased is right. Well that's disappointing =( Is there any reputable computer hardware stores that accept laser ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

you could get an o2 money card, they're pretty awesome and really.. pretty cheap when you compare them to the horrible horrible 3v cards

although it would mean you'd have to wait a week or so before you get it/can use it online

• Advertisement

you could get an o2 money card, they're pretty awesome and really.. pretty cheap when you compare them to the horrible horrible 3v cards

although it would mean you'd have to wait a week or so before you get it/can use it online

Already have a 3v voucher so i have no intention of getting another one. Would much prefer to use my Laser card if possible.

Well, what do you want to order specifically? I find MemoryC.ie very good for all things memory related. and pixmania good for most other things.

There's a thread already created on this forum, it's a sticky from the online buying and auctions forum. It lists the online stores that accept laser. Here's the sticky

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Stev_o wrote: »
    Already have a 3v voucher so i have no intention of getting another one. Would much prefer to use my Laser card if possible.

well alright, its no help to you now but i'll just say check out the o2 money card

it ****s all over the 3v. if you put 30 euro on the card and only spend 27.. that 3 euro isn't wasted, it just stays on the card until you put another 30 euro on.. then you have 33 euro

unlike 3v where you might have 15 vouchers with 1-2 euro on each of them and it's just wasted money 3v get to keep

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭The Omen 666

Stev_o wrote: »

they appear to accept maestro.. check ur lasercard and if it says maestro on the back use that option to pay.

add new card

maestro

and bobs ur uncle

The maestro is kind of a lie on those cards, laser card's aren't proper maestro cards, It's only co-branded, meaning that the laser will work in ireland, and the maestro will allow it to work abroad, but online on chip and pin machines. Dabs still won't accept it, amazon is another example

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭The Omen 666

The maestro is kind of a lie on those cards, laser card's aren't proper maestro cards, It's only co-branded, meaning that the laser will work in ireland, and the maestro will allow it to work abroad, but online on chip and pin machines. Dabs still won't accept it, amazon is another example

ive not used it on dabs but i haved used maestro online b4 so its worth a try

ive not used it on dabs but i haved used maestro online b4 so its worth a try

He's already tried using his Laser/ Maestro card anyway to order. I've done it before, it allows you to set up the card and makes you think the order has gone through, but then the aib security check fails

Advertisement