Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removal of old/broken furniture

Options
  • 29-06-2012 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know of a company that offers a service of taking away old/broken furniture and other bulky items like that? Ideally we need a big skip but because we're on Baggot Street we're not able to get one, and there's no room in our back carpark for the truck to get in.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

A friend of mine used Ballybrack waste to get rid of a lorry load of stuff for them and said they were cheaper that a skip too,
    They have Relevent waste Permits, their website is a bit basic but contact details are there. They'll do the donkey work too, save you loading a skip.

http://ballybrackwaste.com/

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

How old is it? Smelly mouldy, inhabitable old? How broken is it? Sit on the couch only to fall onto the floor broken? If no to both, but it on craigslist or something under free section, someone might take it off you, saves you money and they win too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Best way to give stuff away is www.jumbletown.ie. There are folk there who like to revamp old furniture. Some great before and after photos there too. Some of their posters are very talented too, they raid skips and the results of their labours are very impressive. Give them a go. (No connection I just use it now and again myself to get rid of stuff).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Or ring DCC and ask when they are doing the next bulk waste collection from your area. They used to do this quite regularly, but sadly have cut back a lot on it lately. You literally leave your stuff on the street the day of the collection and they will remove it for you. Mightn't suit you if you have to wait for it though!

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Thanks for the suggestions. uch I rang that guy you recommended along with a few other companies so am waiting to get everything together so they can give me a quote.

How old is it? Smelly mouldy, inhabitable old? How broken is it? Sit on the couch only to fall onto the floor broken? If no to both, but it on craigslist or something under free section, someone might take it off you, saves you money and they win too.

It's all old office furniture, chairs with broken legs, backs, etc. We also want to get rid of other old rubbish though, so as good an idea as craigslist might be, it's way too much hassle to go listing everything and waiting for different individuals to come and collect it. We just want it all gone in one fell swoop!
    Or ring DCC and ask when they are doing the next bulk waste collection from your area. They used to do this quite regularly, but sadly have cut back a lot on it lately. You literally leave your stuff on the street the day of the collection and they will remove it for you. Mightn't suit you if you have to wait for it though!

I'll give them a ring, thanks. I reckon my bosses would be a lot more reluctant to go for this though, they wouldn't want to be leaving huge piles of furniture and rubbish out on the street, even if it was just for a few hours. As I said, we want this done with as little hassle as possible. Our building is 3 storeys and all the companies I spoke to come into the building and take what's needed from each office. The less hassle the better!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CyberJuice

is any of it household type waste/rubbish??

or would it all be classed as broken old furniture/recycleable materials?

my job might take it away if its not black sacks full of rubbish that will have to be taken to the tip.. we will take wood metal glass anything that can be recycled, u say u have other old rubbish,what is this?

old broken chairs tables desks and any printers/electrical stuff is no problem but smelly old rotten waste we dont do..

CyberJuice wrote: »
    is any of it household type waste/rubbish??

or would it all be classed as broken old furniture/recycleable materials?

my job might take it away if its not black sacks full of rubbish that will have to be taken to the tip.. we will take wood metal glass anything that can be recycled, u say u have other old rubbish,what is this?

old broken chairs tables desks and any printers/electrical stuff is no problem but smelly old rotten waste we dont do..

Hey, sorry I'm only getting back to you about this now, we're only after doing a stock take of what we have!

5 broken/old office chairs
    Electric heater
    Collection of old office phones
    3 Printers
    2 PC towers
    Box miscellaneous wires/cables/etc
    Laptop
    Franking machine
    3 fans
    Roughly 7/8 bags of miscellaneous rubbish
    Pile of wood

The miscellaneous rubbish would probably be a lot of recyclable things but we wouldn't have the time to sort through everything, we literally want to throw stuff in bags, and get them picked up and brought away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Stick them for free on Adverts.ie, guaranteed to have all kinds of weirdos coming to relieve you of your stuff.

No, this is a busy office. We want a company to come in, go from top floor to bottom floor taking everything we ask them to and bring it away, all with minimal fuss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭statss

my brother is a courier, with his own van, and does this sort of work on the side. he charges what it costs for him to drop it off at the waste collection point + labour. pm me if you want his number. He has recently cleared a whole house full of junk away for my father in law.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CyberJuice

pm sent ibarelycare

Advertisement