Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESB Visa/Debit

Options
  • 29-06-2012 10:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭

Just for users info, ESB on their website don’t accept the new Visa Debit card, there website isn’t capable of taking it. If you try to use it you will get an error saying incorrect number.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Pat

Hi harolds57,

Thanks for letting us know. I've passed this on to our Visa Debit team to make them aware of the issue. Your feedback is appreciated.

Thanks
    Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭oB1

Hi All,

Just wondering, Thought the whole point of the new Visa Debit, is that it can be used anywhere you see the VISA sign? :(

I hope its isolated in this case, and not something that will start to pop up here and there :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Pat

Hi all,

This does appear to be an isolated issue with the ESB. It is something we have already been made aware of and we are currently following it up with Visa and the ESB.

Just a reminder, if you have previously registered your Laser card with a service provider e.g. for car, home or health insurance or in this case a utility, you must contact your relevant service provider to register your new card details.

Thanks
    Pat

Hi all,

This does appear to be an isolated issue with the ESB. It is something we have already been made aware of and we are currently following it up with Visa and the ESB.

Just a reminder, if you have previously registered your Laser card with a service provider e.g. for car, home or health insurance or in this case a utility, you must contact your relevant service provider to register your new card details.

Thanks
    Pat

That's great Pat - thanks!

So, just to clarify - we can indeed use the VISA Debit ANYWHERE you see the VISA Sign? - or does it have to say VISA Debit, specifically??

Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Anywhere it says "Visa". I use mine on lots of sites as a credit card under Visa although it's a debit card

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi All,

Yes, you can use the Visa Debit card anywhere you see the Visa logo, it does not have to state Visa Debit.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
    Tara

Hi All,

Yes, you can use the Visa Debit card anywhere you see the Visa logo, it does not have to state Visa Debit.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
    Tara

Cheers Tara,

Yep - as for a moment there, i was worried that we can only use it in selected places :eek:

But that's good news! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi All,
    harolds57 wrote: »
    Just for users info, ESB on their website don’t accept the new Visa Debit card, there website isn’t capable of taking it. If you try to use it you will get an error saying incorrect number.

We can confirm that the Electric Ireland/ESB website has now been updated to accept Bank of Ireland Visa Debit cards.

Thanks again harolds57 for letting us know about the situation.

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement