Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Things Debs/Grad related :)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

I'm going to 3 debs this year including my own. (I feel so popular!)

I was in town yesterday and I saw girls going into several different shops trying on dozens of dresses.
    I just popped into Suit Co. (Great shop would recommend) bought the first one I tried on and was done in about 20 minutes, perfect!
    Ah the benefits of being a guy!
    And I bet you never even considered whether you should buy different suits for the different debs because you really couldn't go to three in the same suit! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

And I bet you never even considered whether you should buy different suits for the different debs because you really couldn't go to three in the same suit! :pac:

Benefits of manhood:D

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭ThatGuyHughesy

Didn't even think of that.... What if people noticed?! I would just die of embarrassment! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭imelle

Didn't even think of that.... What if people noticed?! I would just die of embarrassment! :P

you would be known as same suit guy for the rest of your life.

All this mentioning of suits reminds me of one thing! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgBCI-z7L3Y

• Advertisement

Just accessorise with different jocks'n'socks, problem solved! :cool:

Just accessorise with different jocks'n'socks, problem solved! :cool:

What about canes and top hats?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

What about canes and top hats?

I think you definitely need a new top hat for each debs, there's no getting away with top hat repeating, but it's ok to use the same cane.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Maybe I'm just extremely lazy, but why bother with more than one suit? THEY'RE ALL SO SIMILAR. :pac:

Also the third tag on this thread I just saw it there, omg hahaha.

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Maybe I'm just extremely lazy, but why bother with more than one suit? THEY'RE ALL SO SIMILAR. :pac:
    I think you may be missing the point ... >_>

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

Patchy~ wrote: »
    I think you may be missing the point ... >_>

I agree with Patchz. One cute suit would suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 kiwimad

Rebekahx wrote: »
    kiwimad wrote: »
    I'm wearing heels to my debs but not a chance am I going to be able to wear them all night! My cousin brought little fold-up pumps in her bag to her debs a few years ago, but I cant find them anywhere! Any ideas as to where i should look?

http://www.rollasole.com/ you can get them on here but shipping is a bit steep, I saw them in New Look recently if you have one near you? They fold or roll up really well though, if you have the money I'd get them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭mcpaddington

Does anyone know where to buy pimp canes from?

From a pimp? :pac:

/ducks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

I got mine at the local cattle mart. Apparently they're all the rave with them. Pimp slapping the livestock around the field so that the produce is in abundance and will make a big profit. Farmers created pimping!!!

Does anyone know where to buy pimp canes from?

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Pimp-Cane-Zebra-Print-/380453799427?pt=Adult_Fancy_Dress_UK&hash=item5894d04603
    that one is in zebra print.
    a shop that sells costumes maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Aomame

Grrrr turns out the guy I was going to ask is leaving for college in two weeks, my debs is in three.... FOREVER ALONE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭conor93a

TheComeUp wrote: »
    I got mine at the local cattle mart. Apparently they're all the rave with them. Pimp slapping the livestock around the field so that the produce is in abundance and will make a big profit. Farmers created pimping!!!
    Funnily enough, that's exactly where I got my date

conor93a wrote: »
    Funnily enough, that's exactly where I got my date
    You have a thing for farmers?

You have a thing for farmers?

Or livestock??? Ah no too far my bad :(

My grads is tomorrow actually. Little nervous/anxious for it. Don't know what to expect. Ours has been so...I wouldn't say poorly...but scatteredly (that's not a word is it?) organised...should be good though to see everyone together again for the final time. Get to see what everyone's gonna be doing with themselves this year... Although I'm dreading seeing some people from the year that I secretly hate with a burning passion and wish would just get rejected at the entrance for being too drunk and immature. They're probably gonna be on the dole this year so you can all go figure :D

• Advertisement

my debs is tomorrow, ugh effort of being a girl, i've decided not to bother getting hair, makeup, tan and all that crap done, more money for drink :D

imelle wrote: »
    my debs is tomorrow, ugh effort of being a girl, i've decided not to bother getting hair, makeup, tan and all that crap done, more money for drink :D

Respect :L

I don't even know will I drink.....probably won't be in the mood like I am most nights out these days....might take a break until college :P

TheComeUp wrote: »
    Respect :L

I don't even know will I drink.....probably won't be in the mood like I am most nights out these days....might take a break until college :P

ah i know the feeling, take a break so you can be extra mental in college :D i just know i'm going to have to be drunk to tolerate people crying because we'll never see each other again and all that crap :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

imelle wrote: »

I didn't do any of that either, I did it myself (no tan though, pale and interesting bb :P ). It's so much money and I don't think I'd have looked any better anyway :L

finality wrote: »
    I didn't do any of that either, I did it myself (no tan though, pale and interesting bb :P ). It's so much money and I don't think I'd have looked any better anyway :L

virtual 5! yeah, i kind of have a natural tan from all the adventures climbing trees when i was little. well a tan by Irish standards, i defy the laws of gingerism (well it's more of a reddish brown but to take part in ganter; ginger banter, with fellow gingers i claim to be one). . pale is the new tan ;) and ya don't have to worry about tan coming off on your dress :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Ando123

Hi there,

I'm only going into 6th year but I've a few questions on my mind about the debs that I'd like to get answered. On the day, are you supposed to bring the debs girl to your house or you go to theirs? What do you do in the house when you go to hers or her to yous? I heard your supposed to take a picture, so where do you take it? cuz i've no camera haha. I'd like her to be kept away from my family, embarassing...if ye no what I mean. That's all on my mind...

Just after getting ready for my grads. The waistcoat and cravatte look well but for some reason I'm not looking forward to this much. I know it's gonna be a good laugh and I'll have a great time with my friends but for some reason I'm just feeling completely bleh about it all. I went onto facebook there and loads of people were posting stuff like piss up on now later etc. and I can't help but think 'Oh god he/she is gonna be there'. I know I probably sound so stuck up but I dunno it's just my gut feeling. They won't ruin the night for me god no but I'd just rather they stayed outside the hotel all night :L

Oh and I've decided I'm only gonna have one or two drinks. My friends would only end up nagging me if I wasn't drinking any at all but still I might stick to one drink. So sick of alcohol tbh :P
    And I'm gonna miss the after party because I've to be up in Limerick tomorrow to sort out my accommodation. In a way I'm glad I'll be missing that...

Alright I better go :) Wish me luck lollollol

• Registered Users Posts: 46 nowhere94

Ando123 wrote: »
    Hi there,

I'm only going into 6th year but I've a few questions on my mind about the debs that I'd like to get answered. On the day, are you supposed to bring the debs girl to your house or you go to theirs? What do you do in the house when you go to hers or her to yous? I heard your supposed to take a picture, so where do you take it? cuz i've no camera haha. I'd like her to be kept away from my family, embarassing...if ye no what I mean. That's all on my mind...

Usually, it's "tradition" that the boy picks up the girl, where youl probably be forced to pose for a multitude of cameras and maybe get a glass of champagne and some grub :) you can then either take her, or if you dont drive get a limo (which are VERY pricey) or get your parents to take you back to your house, or else arrange to meet up with your friends and their dates before ye head off to the venue :) But honestly, ye can just arrange whatever's most comfortable and easy for you and your date..:) have fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

What's the deal with limos and Hummers?
    My school is getting a bus up to the venue.
    Or do people take the limo to the school?
    Can I not just walk? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Eathrin wrote: »
    What's the deal with limos and Hummers?
    My school is getting a bus up to the venue.
    Or do people take the limo to the school?
    Can I not just walk? :)

Might be a different situation outside of my county, but the only people who got a Hummer rather than take the bus from my school were travellers. :pac:

Advertisement