Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Things Debs/Grad related :)

167891012»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

ConTheCat wrote: »
    I loved my debs it was so amazing :) defo wearing a short dress to my boyfriends next year though!

Short dresses are the way to go :cool:

I'm just about sorted for mine. Got shoes today, have hair and stuff booked, I just need to sort out contact lenses tomorrow and I'm good to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭ThatGuyHughesy

This has been an ongoing debate between my friends and I for a while, just wanted to get your opinions!

If someone asks you to their debs, are you obligated to ask them to yours?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭TheGunns

This has been an ongoing debate between my friends and I for a while, just wanted to get your opinions!

Thats a bit of a toughy. No rules for it but everyone I know has done (friends,siblings)
    Not really an expected thing unless the both debs are close together but I'd say asking them back is the norm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Unless you've already asked someone it'd be the norm but don't feel obligated to either. Difficult situation indeed though if you don't want to ask the other person to your debs.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭imelle

went to a debs last night, safe to say i was feeling violently ill today. . i didn't even drink that much, went around asking everyone what their favourite colour was, just to get conversations going yano, turns out the majority of guys like blue. then all the lads kept picking me up and putting me over their shoulders. then i failed at life and ended up getting sick and calling my brother to collect me meaning i missed out on the breakfast rolls and after party. :'( oh well at least i didn't come home pregnant :)

• Advertisement

imelle wrote: »
    went to a debs last night, safe to say i was feeling violently ill today. . i didn't even drink that much, went around asking everyone what their favourite colour was, just to get conversations going yano, turns out the majority of guys like blue. then all the lads kept picking me up and putting me over their shoulders. then i failed at life and ended up getting sick and calling my brother to collect me meaning i missed out on the breakfast rolls and after party. :'( oh well at least i didn't come home pregnant :)

I like green if you were wondering...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

I like blue!

I still haven't even looked for a tuxedo yet. :( In my mind they're all the same, be grand...right?

Patchy~ wrote: »
    I like blue!

I still haven't even looked for a tuxedo yet. :( In my mind they're all the same, be grand...right?

Pretty much all the same. Get ones for under €100 if you like in Dunnes or M&S nobody could tell the difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26 kiwimad

Had mine on Monday. After quite a lot of worrying it was actually a great night :D (This was despite the fact that there were four of us there with the same dress!) Didn't drink and I'm glad I didn't, I'd say half my year dont remember a thing about the night! It's so strange to think that we'll never be together as a group again :(

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Booom!

kiwimad wrote: »
    Had mine on Monday. After quite a lot of worrying it was actually a great night :D (This was despite the fact that there were four of us there with the same dress!) Didn't drink and I'm glad I didn't, I'd say half my year dont remember a thing about the night! It's so strange to think that we'll never be together as a group again :(

I don't regret drinking, but I do regret the amount I drank, still an unreal night though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26 kiwimad

Booom! wrote: »
    kiwimad wrote: »

I don't regret drinking, but I do regret the amount I drank, still an unreal night though
    I'm a lightweight - one drink and god only knows what I'd be at! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭lcstress2012

My debs is in 2 WEEKS and I have no date yet???
    I have asked a few people to go with me but sadly i have been turned down.
    Would it be too late at this stage to ask a girl to bring to the debs i really dont no what to do and by the way i will not be bringin a stranger!!

Need help and advice plzzz!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Schonie

My debs is in 2 WEEKS and I have no date yet???
    I have asked a few people to go with me but sadly i have been turned down.
    Would it be too late at this stage to ask a girl to bring to the debs i really dont no what to do and by the way i will not be bringin a stranger!!

Need help and advice plzzz!!!!

I went to the debs without a date...still had a great time:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭conor93a

To anyone worried about not bringing a date- Don't. There was a few lads in my year who didn't have a date, and honestly it didn't make a bit of difference. Everyone just goes off woth their friends after dinner anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 craigb93

Anyone know a place where i can hire an 8 seater limo for my debs thats not an unreasonable price??????
    thank youuuuuuuu :)

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭imelle

went to a lad's debs one time. i had to go in one of them vintage cars. i know people think they're cool and all but i seriously hate these kind of special cars, i hate everyone looking at me and i just don't see the big deal with them and to be honest that is valuable money you could spend on alcohol or food even. ah well i guess it was his debs :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭lcstress2012

Today I bought a lovely 2 piece suit from penneys in Swords for a bargain of 55EURO!! It's grey but they also have navy and black in store. My debs is next week so that's why I'm kind of getting excited!!
    Has anyone else bought their suit from penneys ??? What do you think, nice any good. I have been walking around the house in it showing it off I just love it, it's a slim fit one as well which is good!

What color shirt do you think will go with grey, not just white please name a few colors that would look good with a grey suit. Tell me where you bought your suit and how much......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,707 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

The lads in our school are thinking of doing a predebs kinda thing, no suit job just some club out in the country for 20 or 30 quid, has anybody's school done one? Basically it's just a chance for a few lads in the year to go out, seeing as most of the lads are underage and still drink ribena.

Advertisement