Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Things Debs/Grad related :)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Hmm looks like randy deleted my comment :rolleyes:
    Wee bit much, lad. Meant in jest I have no doubt, but still!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 88 ✭✭skanger

finality wrote: »
    I need to buy a special bra for under my dress. :L I don't have any decent strapless ones in a suitable colour :( It's a hard life.

I could go braless but I'd be so paranoid that my dress would fall down D:

I haven't posted here in months and had no intention of coming back but I would have bet my soul that you were a lad, maybe it's sexist but all the talk of maths just had me completely fooled, really I'm sitting here in a state of shock and awe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

skanger wrote: »
    I haven't posted here in months and had no intention of coming back but I would have bet my soul that you were a lad, maybe it's sexist but all the talk of maths just had me completely fooled, really I'm sitting here in a state of shock and awe

Nowhere in that post did I say I wasn't male ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭123 LC

Robynne wrote: »
    Heeey!
    Well, I'm just wondering what exactly I need for my boyfriends grads in August! I feel like Im missing something! haha. There's dress, shoes and bag... Ive hair,makeup,tan,lashes, and nails sorted... Then I need money that night and what not... But that doesnt seem like its everything! I feel like I've left out or forgotten something, so any advice and tips or what not would be greatly appreciated thanks! :)

jewellery :)

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Incompetent

Balls. I've two tickets and no one I'm particularly interested in asking. Shouldn't have got tickets! haha

• Advertisement

Balls. I've two tickets and no one I'm particularly interested in asking. Shouldn't have got tickets! haha

I'll go with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

what do you say to a lad still looking for a date who rejected a model, an actual model, because he didn't want to bring her.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

finality wrote: »

I'll go with you.

If you're female, I'll go.

On second thought, if you're male, I'll still go!

what do you say to a lad still looking for a date who rejected a model, an actual model, because he didn't want to bring her.......

You say:

'Bring your cousin'

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Incompetent

Form a queue! No pushing! Nah I probably would go with someone on here if I don't find someone closer to the time. Be a good laugh

Also what do guys wear to other peoples debs? I may be invited to one, and I've no feckin clue

• Advertisement

Form a queue! No pushing! Nah I probably would go with someone on here if I don't find someone closer to the time. Be a good laugh

Also what do guys wear to other peoples debs? I may be invited to one, and I've no feckin clue

I'm wearing a tux. That way, you don't have to coordinate tie with her dress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Okay guys I've been invited to a debs which is on thursday week!!! I'm thinking of accepting and asking her back to mine in late august but I was wondering about a suit. Would I have time to get one? Most likely renting one tbh. So yeah would I have time? Like from today it's in 8 days. Time enough or not? I literally haven't a notion about them things. Haven't even told my parents yet haha. Also the whole corsage thing. Where do you order that from and all that?

Panic! Panic! Panic! Ugh is it all worth it? Oh yeah and suit/tie or tie jacket/waistcoat/cravate thing?

TheComeUp wrote: »
    Okay guys I've been invited to a debs which is on thursday week!!! I'm thinking of accepting and asking her back to mine in late august but I was wondering about a suit. Would I have time to get one? Most likely renting one tbh. So yeah would I have time? Like from today it's in 8 days. Time enough or not? I literally haven't a notion about them things. Haven't even told my parents yet haha. Also the whole corsage thing. Where do you order that from and all that?

Panic! Panic! Panic! Ugh is it all worth it? Oh yeah and suit/tie or tie jacket/waistcoat/cravate thing?

I'm going to two grads too, and I was going to rent a suit until I saw how much it was. I've decided to buy one instead and it'll do for everything in the near future.

Accept! And only ask her back if you think you'll have a good time!

I was thinking about a corsage too, but I heard from a few people it is too American and they don't do it in Ireland! :o I'm getting a piece of jewellery for each grad date though! It's so expensive overall though for 1 night out!

You can't go wrong with a dickie bow. They are style. I'm wearing one like. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 nowhere94

Also the whole corsage thing. Where do you order that from and all that?

Go to your nearest florist, they'll do them there, white/cream flower is a safe bet for most coloured dresses :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

ChemHickey wrote: »
    I'm going to two grads too, and I was going to rent a suit until I saw how much it was. I've decided to buy one instead and it'll do for everything in the near future.

I was thinking about a corsage too, but I heard from a few people it is too American and they don't do it in Ireland! :o I'm getting a piece of jewellery for each grad date though! It's so expensive overall though for 1 night out!

Thanks for the advice lad!! Jewellery :O Damn pulling out all the stops..not a bad idea though :P You think I'll be okay for a suit?? If all comes to all I could borrow my brothers one who's only a small bit taller than me and get a tie somewhere...but yeah THE SUIT!!!!!!

Thanks for the advice lad!! Jewellery :O Damn pulling out all the stops..not a bad idea though :P You think I'll be okay for a suit?? If all comes to all I could borrow my brothers one who's only a small bit taller than me and get a tie somewhere...but yeah THE SUIT!!!!!!

No problem. The suit will be fine. Just inquire in a local suiter place as two rentals could only be like 50euro than a suit to buy!

Yeah, jewellery...blame the mother! ;)

And seriously with the dickie bow, they match all dresses! No need to worry about matching ties! =D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

How difficult do you think it will be to find a waistcoat that will match my suit jacket/trouser exactly? My suit is kind of a dark grey with a small stripe (not a pin stripe though) through it.

How difficult do you think it will be to find a waistcoat that will match my suit jacket/trouser exactly? My suit is kind of a dark grey with a small stripe (not a pin stripe though) through it.

hmmm... depends... you probably will have to go to a more populated town... ;)

Je blague, you'd be safe too head to dublin or somewhere like that to be sure.

A waistcoat too? You'll be roashting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

hmmm... depends... you probably will have to go to a more populated town... ;)

Je blague, you'd be safe too head to dublin or somewhere like that to be sure.

A waistcoat too? You'll be roashting.

Longford is hugely populated... :rolleyes:... I was thinking of going to a tailor who'd have a load of material to see if he could make it.

I probably will only wear the Jacket for photos, after that it'll probably be coming off, so I want the waistcoat :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭CaoimheCweeva

Hey, my Debs is on the 8th of August, and I was just wondering does the girl have to buy the guy his tie and his ticket, which is what my friend told me? Just wondering, 'cause I'm absolutely broke, and I asked my mam to make sure, 'cause I've two older brothers and an older sister who all went to their Debs, and she didn't know anything about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

I could definitely not imagine inviting someone to my debs then making them pay for their ticket, so I think you're supposed to pay for that.

I'm a guy but I'm not expecting my date to buy my tie - I've never heard of that. What I think is the norm is she tells the guy what colour her dress is and he matches his tie / dickybow (:D) to that. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭CaoimheCweeva

Patchy~ wrote: »
    I could definitely not imagine inviting someone to my debs then making them pay for their ticket, so I think you're supposed to pay for that.

I'm a guy but I'm not expecting my date to buy my tie - I've never heard of that. What I think is the norm is she tells the guy what colour her dress is and he matches his tie / dickybow (:D) to that. :)

Yeah, I don't expect my date to pay for his ticket, so no worries for that! But the tie I've never heard of either :confused: I literally only asked the guy tonight, so I'll discuss it with him more tomorrow, thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Diamondsandrose

Does every guy not wear a cravat/waist coat that match the girls dress? People keep saying they're wearing ties, you're just gonna look like bussiness men! :p

Yeah. I was invited to a grad last year and I didnt really want to go. I didn't in the end because she was like, now, just bring me in the 50€ by the end of the week.

Am I a bad person? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Does every guy not wear a cravat/waist coat that match the girls dress? People keep saying they're wearing ties, you're just gonna look like bussiness men! :p
    lolwot, waistcoat matching the dress? I plan on wearing a waistcoat, with a tie matching my date's dress? :pac: I think the jackets make people look like businessmen rather than ties, but maybe I'll wear a dickybow, they're totally rad. :D
    Yeah. I was invited to a grad last year and I didnt really want to go. I didn't in the end because she was like, now, just bring me in the 50€ by the end of the week.

No, god no, she sounds like a stingy fook. :pac:

lolwot, waistcoat matching the dress? I plan on wearing a waistcoat, with a tie matching my date's dress? :pac: I think the jackets make people look like businessmen rather than ties, but maybe I'll wear a dickybow, they're totally rad. :D

Haha, I kinda felt bad 'cause she went without a date in the end...

DICKIE BOW! HIGH 5!!!

They do be shlick. we'll look like pros.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Diamondsandrose

Dickie bows have not been worn in our school since the nineties! Soo out dated and old fashioned!

Dickie bows have not been worn in our school since the nineties! Soo out dated and old fashioned!

Dickie bows are more than awesome. They are not old fashioned at all! They're super stylish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭coldwood92

Chavways wrote: »
    Mine was in March...
    You are joking? no dates allowed at mine and parent have to go :L:(

• Advertisement

Matching the waistcoat to the dress is a thing. :P
    and yeah I'm gonna join the "dickiebows suck" club

coldwood92 wrote: »
    You are joking? no dates allowed at mine and parent have to go :L:(

wat.

Advertisement