Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Things Debs/Grad related :)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

finality wrote: »
    Matching the waistcoat to the dress is a thing. :P
    and yeah I'm gonna join the "dickiebows suck" club
    Whaaaaaat, as in if my date's dress is blue, my waistcoat should be blue? :eek:
    Pfft, you people just don't know fashion. Dickie bows are different, ties and jackets are overrated. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Pfft, you people just don't know fashion. Dickie bows are different, ties and jackets are overrated. :pac:

It's a thing, but as with all things, you don't have to do it. haha if it's a neutral colour it's fine.

I'll just hope a black, or possibly grey, waistcoat is neutral enough for society then. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

My suit's from Topman, I didn't put as much thought into it as a lot of ye have but it I think it looks alright. Very tempted to post link to picture of it.

Marfield wrote: »
    My suit's from Topman, I didn't put as much thought into it as a lot of ye have but it I think it looks alright. Very tempted to post link to picture of it.

do et!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

do et!

I'm about 90% sure this is it, if it's not it looks very similar to it, but I'm pretty sure this's the one. I may have to get a new tie.
    What do ye think. :pac:

http://www.topman.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=1&viewAllFlag=&catalogId=33056&storeId=12555&productId=4950764&langId=-1&sort_field=Relevance&categoryId=608992&parent_categoryId=261027&pageSize=20

I got it cheaper than what it says on the site.

Ooooh, maybe I'll reconsider my waistcoat stance. :pac: It's nice!

Marfield wrote: »
    I'm about 90% sure this is it, if it's not it looks very similar to it, but I'm pretty sure this's the one. I may have to get a new tie.
    What do ye think. :pac:

http://www.topman.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=1&viewAllFlag=&catalogId=33056&storeId=12555&productId=4950764&langId=-1&sort_field=Relevance&categoryId=608992&parent_categoryId=261027&pageSize=20

I got it cheaper than what it says on the site.

ooh I like!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

Patchy, we must post pictures of our suits and Dickies to show them how amazing they look.

ChemHickey wrote: »
    Patchy, we must post pictures of our suits and Dickies to show them how amazing they look.

Ah now, nobody wants to see Patchy's dickie, and we're still not sure as to whether you possess one :P

• Advertisement

Ah now, nobody wants to see Patchy's dickie, and we're still not sure as to whether you possess one :P

Well, I've heard patchy's is quite small... but it's a privilege to see mine. It's pretty huge alight.

ChemNoDickey :D
    Speak for yourself missy ;) :pac:

Hehehe, I was trying to come up with a fancy phrase like the 'Rock out with your C0c out' but for Dickies...

All I could think of was

Hickey out with my Dickie out. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭coldwood92

[QUOTE wat.[/QUOTE]

I find it weird to have a debs in march so early just over da mocks
    compared to mine which will b in late august

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Naomi00

Matching the waistcoat to the dress is a thing. :P

No it isn't... it sounds tacky.

:eek:

Definitely don't do that. Just get a neutral colour.

Pfft, you people just don't know fashion.

This.. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Guys, I really need your opinion! Should a waistcoat match the suit jacket/trouser perfectly, or is it okay for it to be a little different that the suit? My suit is a dark grey with a small pinstripe and i'm finding it hard to find a waistcoat to match and really want one! :P

PLU_77344-C.jpg

My suit is very similar to this one here! Any advice/suggestions on somewhere I could get one?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Guys, I really need your opinion! Should a waistcoat match the suit jacket/trouser perfectly, or is it okay for it to be a little different that the suit? My suit is a dark grey with a small pinstripe and i'm finding it hard to find a waistcoat to match and really want one! :P
    Probably better to go with a contrast rather than something close, e.g. a plain light grey waistcoat would suit (:p) quite well, I'd say.

Morning%20Coat.jpg

Or something gold or maybe maroon or even patterned, if that's your style.

Ohhh, from that picture randy posted I can see that a jacket and waistcoat is actually rather nice... :D I saw a lovely grey waistcoat in River Island today, need to go back for it! :)

And PF, I'm not sure I get what you mean. You want the waistcoat to match the jacket, but didnt you say youre just wearing the jacket for pictures? I think a pinstripe waistcoat would be odd, never seen one, I always got the impression that they'd to be one colour to keep them oh so shiny. :P

Ohhh, from that picture randy posted I can see that a jacket and waistcoat is actually rather nice... :D I saw a lovely grey waistcoat in River Island today, need to go back for it! :)

And PF, I'm not sure I get what you mean. You want the waistcoat to match the jacket, but didnt you say youre just wearing the jacket for pictures? I think a pinstripe waistcoat would be odd, never seen one, I always got the impression that they'd to be one colour to keep them oh so shiny. :P

It does look so much nicer than on it's own!

I'm unsure whether the Suit should match the waistcoat exactly, my trousers and jacket are the same like!

So you guys think this:

259255_main?$hero$

would go well with the type of suit I posted a picture of earlier?

• Advertisement

Looks smart, saves tie flapping all over the place, etc.
    I always got the impression that they'd to be one colour to keep them oh so shiny. :P
    No, patterned ones are quite common.
    It does look so much nicer than on it's own!

I'm unsure whether the Suit should match the waistcoat exactly, my trousers and jacket are the same like!
    I'd say either an exact match or a complete contrast, PF. "Close" just looks like "close, but no cigar!" tbh.

I think a little more contrast would be good - that way, it doesn't look like one big heavy suit. :)

(Or is that grey? A grey one would be nice I think, but that doesn't look grey to me :P)

Would it be really weird to bring in my suit trousers into a shop buying a waistcoat to ask the Sales Assitant which one would match best with it?

Not at all, I'm sure they'd be happy to help. :) Personally I just bring my sister but whatever floats your boat. :P

I think a little more contrast would be good - that way, it doesn't look like one big heavy suit. :)

(Or is that grey? A grey one would be nice I think, but that doesn't look grey to me :P)

The one i'm thinking of in River Island is quite grey, a lot greyer than that picture tbh! My Mam thinks that the waistcoat would have to match the suit completely but I think a contrast would be nicer!

PF I think it would be nice if you matched the colour of the waistcoat to the colour of the pinstripe. A pinstriped waistcoat with pinstriped suit might be overkill, so I'm basically agreeing that a block colour, light grey especially, would look nice.

Would it be really weird to bring in my suit trousers into a shop buying a waistcoat to ask the Sales Assitant which one would match best with it?
    Lol, no, I'd say it happens all the time.

And you'll be able to see it yourself too side by side.
    Not at all, I'm sure they'd be happy to help. :) Personally I just bring my sister but whatever floats your boat. :P
    Sssh, he wants a chance to chat the shopgirls up! >_>

Though I'm sure he'd be happy to borrow your sister too! :pac:

PF I think it would be nice if you matched the colour of the waistcoat to the colour of the pinstripe. A pinstriped waistcoat with pinstriped suit might be overkill, so I'm basically agreeing that a block colour, light grey especially, would look nice.

Thanks finality! I think i'll try and see what a grey waistcoat would be like with the suit, really think I need the waistcoat, I hate when a tie starts going everywhere! Drives me mental!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Few questions:

Would you guys consider getting a waistcoat or tie to match your date's dress?

Bow tie or regular tie?

I think I'm going to get a tux. Are most of ye just wearing regular suits?

And lastly I'm left in a rather awkward situation at home where on the date of my debs, neither of my parents are in the country. So...well honestly I don't know what to think of that :P

• Advertisement

Yeah, it's a lounge suit not a dress suit, so even gold would be overkill I think.

Mind you, I think even with a dress suit a light grey would probably work best without looking too OTT.

Advertisement