Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Things Debs/Grad related :)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 bladet1delta

Hi Guys,

My debs is tonight and I've got everything sorted except a corsage. I've been working nightshift all week and I'll have time to do is work, sleep and commute. So now it's bank holiday Monday, which is what I didn't realise, so nowhere is open and I'm kinda screwed. Any ideas? I'm in the Kildare area so if anyone knows a florist that will be open or something that'd be great. Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Hi Guys,

My debs is tonight and I've got everything sorted except a corsage. I've been working nightshift all week and I'll have time to do is work, sleep and commute. So now it's bank holiday Monday, which is what I didn't realise, so nowhere is open and I'm kinda screwed. Any ideas? I'm in the Kildare area so if anyone knows a florist that will be open or something that'd be great. Thanks :)

As far as I know you usually have to order them in advance. But if you don't get a corsage it's not the end of the world, it's not an absolute necessity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭fizzyorange

I have no dress and no clue what the etiquette is when you are going as another girls date to your own debs. :/

Dress shopping is going to be so hard, I don't have much choice really because if it's not in a petite section it's just not going to fit. :pac: also girls, is it okay to wear a short dress? Long dresses make me look ridic.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 bladet1delta

finality wrote: »
    As far as I know you usually have to order them in advance. But if you don't get a corsage it's not the end of the world, it's not an absolute necessity.

Thanks man. Think I'm gonna have a whack at making one and see how that goes, if it fails it fails haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Hi Guys,

Yeah unfortunately you do have to order these things in advance. For a debs I was asked to I ordered the corsage and a bouquet of flowers for her mammy about a week before the night and collected them about an hour before I went to her house. Maybe your best bet is to get her a bouquet of flowers from a normal regular store? It's not really the end of the world though. One of the girls at the one I went to last week didn't have a corsage but she was saying to me and the girl who asked me that she would have loved to have got one and was envious of me getting one for the girl etc. But honestly I don't think she minded once she got to the hotel. Have a good night :) it's an epic experience!!! I can't wait for mine in a couple of weeks :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

I have no dress and no clue what the etiquette is when you are going as another girls date to your own debs. :/

Dress shopping is going to be so hard, I don't have much choice really because if it's not in a petite section it's just not going to fit. :pac: also girls, is it okay to wear a short dress? Long dresses make me look ridic.

Yeah I'm wearing a short dress, and I wore one last year too. Some people have been like "But you should have gotten a full length dress, you'll never get the chance to wear one again!" but I hate full length dresses on me, and if I'm spending that amount I'd like to be able to re-wear it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭earwax_man

We had ours 5 days ago, my girlfriend, friend and I were the only people who didn't drink. It's kinda sad tbh. We had out meal at 8pm, it was really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Where do you guys find is the best place to get a tux?
    Getting a suit is no problem, but a tux seems harder to find, especially on a budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭earwax_man

Eathrin wrote: »
    Where do you guys find is the best place to get a tux?
    Getting a suit is no problem, but a tux seems harder to find, especially on a budget.

I got mine in my local clothes shop. They got them in turn from Cork. Including shoes, it costed me €80 :)

earwax_man wrote: »
    I got mine in my local clothes shop. They got them in turn from Cork. Including shoes, it costed me €80 :)

You sure that was a tux!?
    Or was it a rental?
    I'd be willing to pay twice that for a decent tux, already have the shoes.

Then again I haven't gone on a proper clothes hunt yet. Soon enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 DireD

Hi people was looking for opinions don't know what to do , Girl I'm bringing is wearing a white dress well thats what she said anyway , I was going to go for a grey suit ,white shirt, black tie http://www.topman.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=1&viewAllFlag=&catalogId=33056&storeId=12555&productId=4950600&langId=-1&sort_field=Relevance&categoryId=608992&parent_categoryId=261027&pageSize=20 something like this! Would that be ok to go with her dress or what like is there a massive need to match stuff completely lost :P ? Also not mad on waistcoats but should I wear one just for the day thats in it or would I be better off going on without one? Cheers in advance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭fizzyorange

DireD wrote: »
    Hi people was looking for opinions don't know what to do , Girl I'm bringing is wearing a white dress well thats what she said anyway , I was going to go for a grey suit ,white shirt, black tie http://www.topman.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=1&viewAllFlag=&catalogId=33056&storeId=12555&productId=4950600&langId=-1&sort_field=Relevance&categoryId=608992&parent_categoryId=261027&pageSize=20 something like this! Would that be ok to go with her dress or what like is there a massive need to match stuff completely lost :P ? Also not mad on waistcoats but should I wear one just for the day thats in it or would I be better off going on without one? Cheers in advance!

I reckon that would go fine with a white dress! And I think that suit would actually look better without the waistcoat, in my opinion there isn't much need for one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭mcpaddington

Should the lads get the woman a corsage? I'd love to use Barney Stinsons line "A beautiful flower for a beautiful lady".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

Should the lads get the woman a corsage? I'd love to use Barney Stinsons line "A beautiful flower for a beautiful lady".

I think it's only for the person whos Debs it is or whatever.

subz3r0 wrote: »

I think it's only for the person whos Debs it is or whatever.
    Oh really? So I shouldn't get one for my debs?

I went to my boyfriend's debs last year and nearly all the girls had corsages. Might be best to play it safe and get one.

Oh really? So I shouldn't get one for my debs?

So I've been told! No idea myself tbh.
    leaveiton wrote: »
    I went to my boyfriend's debs last year and nearly all the girls had corsages. Might be best to play it safe and get one.

Good point.

leaveiton wrote: »

On the flip side, you wouldn't want to be the only one either :p

If you find yourself in that situation just throw it away haha

True :P But from the girl's point of view, I doubt she'd mind if she had one and nobody else did. But if everyone else had one and she didn't, she might be annoyed! :P Though I personally wouldn't care, some girls can get worked up about stuff like that :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Conventions on this one seem to vary from school to school / area to area tbh. Best ask around.

Mind you, I guarantee she won't be offended if you DO present her with one, but it's extra expense if it's not the norm in your place.

EDIT: Snap, leaveiton! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭mcpaddington

Cheers guys, I think I'll take one just in case :)

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭UnholyGregor

Should the lads get the woman a corsage?

jaysus it still gets me when i read stuff like that, ''get the woman a corsage''
    19 years old and im still like, holy **** im an adult :-o

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭imelle

girls like corsages, debs are the only time we ever get to wear handflowers and they're really pretty, but to be honest if it was me i wouldn't think it was the end of the world if the guy didn't get one, i mean the flower fell off mine sometime after the meal at one last year so don't worry too much, i'm sure whoever you're bringing won't mind if ya don't

I got my date a corsage, bítches love corsages.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 kiwimad

I'm wearing heels to my debs but not a chance am I going to be able to wear them all night! My cousin brought little fold-up pumps in her bag to her debs a few years ago, but I cant find them anywhere! Any ideas as to where i should look?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Jorda 12

If it is the boys debs does he buy flowers / chocs for the girls mother ? Or does that only happen if it's the girls debs ?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭ThatGuyHughesy

I'm going to 3 debs this year including my own. (I feel so popular!)

I was in town yesterday and I saw girls going into several different shops trying on dozens of dresses.
    I just popped into Suit Co. (Great shop would recommend) bought the first one I tried on and was done in about 20 minutes, perfect!
    Ah the benefits of being a guy!

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭imelle

i'd nearly start a new trend for girls and suit up for the debs, it'd be so much handier. oh if only i didn't love putting on a pretty dress :')

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Rebekahx

kiwimad wrote: »
    I'm wearing heels to my debs but not a chance am I going to be able to wear them all night! My cousin brought little fold-up pumps in her bag to her debs a few years ago, but I cant find them anywhere! Any ideas as to where i should look?

http://www.rollasole.com/ you can get them on here but shipping is a bit steep, I saw them in New Look recently if you have one near you? They fold or roll up really well though, if you have the money I'd get them!

Advertisement