Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

would a bad plc course affect me??

Options
  • 29-06-2012 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

hey guys, i am just moreso wondering more than anything. i done a plc in multimedia, and to be honest the course was run very poorly. we had a dodgy lecturer who was teaching us the wrong stuff for over half the year. didnt have anywhere to do maths or a lectuerer so the principal took over our class and didnt show up the time, mixed with my granny passing away and that winter off really bad snow(november/december 2010)... anyway it ended up being a disaster of a year for everyone in the class. but what i want to know if i apply as a mature student next year who this have any negative effect on me getting into college. thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭endacl

sjoyce87 wrote: »
    hey guys, i am just moreso wondering more than anything. i done a plc in multimedia, and to be honest the course was run very poorly. we had a dodgy lecturer who was teaching us the wrong stuff for over half the year. didnt have anywhere to do maths or a lectuerer so the principal took over our class and didnt show up the time, mixed with my granny passing away and that winter off really bad snow(november/december 2010)... anyway it ended up being a disaster of a year for everyone in the class. but what i want to know if i apply as a mature student next year who this have any negative effect on me getting into college. thanks
    No. The result is what counts in an application. Best if luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭sjoyce87

the result of the plc or the result of the application for a mature student???, if its the result for the plc well lets just say its not great

• Registered Users Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Depends on the course you're applying for. If there's an interview you can always explain the disappointing year. I'd focus on the family difficulty rather than problems associated with the course. Try not to come across as whingy or victim-y though. Even when its true, it never goes down well. Don't dwell on the obstacles talk about how you got over them.

If its a straightforward application form, just fill in your details. Say plenty about yourself in the 'any other relevant information' section.

Advertisement