Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Journalism Website?

Options
  • 29-06-2012 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, just wondering how much it would cost to build a sports journalism website?

Just a website that could be updated a few times a week.

Would it be something that is a running cost or once built would I be able to add articles myself etc?

Thanks guys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Does this have any journalism specific requirements?

If not, you can set it up for free. What you're talking about is a simple install of WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, any CMS that supports blogging (i.e. posting of news articles in a date based fashion).

If it does have journalism specific requirements they might be covered by the CMS features, or you might need custom development.

Your setup costs range from zero to five figures (if you're looking for custom design with loads of extras).

Running costs range from free (hosted on a free service) to €10/month for reasonable shared hosting to higher than that if you've heavy traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭CamperMan

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

You should have a think about what features you want. But, you should keep these to an absolute minimum. I'm a firm believer in the minimum viable product approach.

I would guess that a simple Wordpress build would suit your needs. It being a blogging platform you would be able to easily add your own content whenever you want.

Then there are loads of Facebook/Twitter plugins you can integrate to add another dimension to the site.

But again keep it simple to begin with and add more things as you see a need for them.

Advertisement