Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cutting very long grass

Options
  • 29-06-2012 11:50am
    Moderators Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭

My garden has gotten out of hand (selling house, weather, not living there any more etc) and tomorrow I will have 2 petrol strimmers and a ride on to try and tackle it. It's around a third of an acre in size, all grass and the grass (and weeds) have grown to around 3 foot. Does anyone have any advice on the best way to tackle it using that equipment? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Mr_Roger_Bongos

I'd suggest you put the ride on to the highest setting and cut a foot of grass to see what height it cuts down to.

Then take the strimmers and try and get it down to the top height the ride on can cut.

Does the ride on have a grass collector?

If so, it should lift the stuff you've strimmed off the top. Then take a few runs with the sit on, going down through the settings in 1 or 2 more cuts until it's done.

• Moderators Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭LFCFan

Great. Sounds like a good plan. The less raking etc the better!!

Advertisement