Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chemistry or Ag Science

• 29-06-2012 12:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

i'm currently going into 5th year and i have chosen my subjects however i need to change them so as to add in a science subject as it may be needed for college however the only two options i have are either ag science which i have no real interest in but it is supposed to be easy or chemistry which i sort of enjoy however it is supposed to be extremely hard for leaving cert. which should i do?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Stressica

Oooh I did both at higher level for my exams so can give you a bit of feedback.

Honeslty though I'd go with Ag Science, as its a very easy course, and can be easily managed in the year, and also you have the project so you can potentially have 25% of your marks needed going into the exam ( i think 25% is the right %)

Chemistry is grande, but starting it off in 6th year you wouldnt have the basics that would have been covered in 5th year, that being said if you really would prefer that and you are goood with Maths and learning and are prepeared to put in the effort, you can probably manage it. Pass chemistry is easier then hugher but it's still not just a walk into exam, with ag science, you could probably walk into the higher exam and have a gfood chance of passsing without doing any study for it (i wouldnt reccommend it though lol )

Honeslty I'd recommend ag-science, its not bad, i found it interesting and as its 6th year most of the time will be focusing on project work and exam papers so the year will fly :)

Advertisement