Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

computer will not turn on

Options
  • 29-06-2012 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭

Hi lads my mates pc is not turning on for him, its only a few months old and its a custom build, i3 processor 512MB graphics card, 4 GB ram, it was working fine for him this morning but now the computer tries to turn on but quickly stops after a few seconds, I can hear a fan spinning but it stops then starts and continues like this.

Any advice appreciated

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Hi lads my mates pc is not turning on for him, its only a few months old and its a custom build, i3 processor 512MB graphics card, 4 GB ram, it was working fine for him this morning but now the computer tries to turn on but quickly stops after a few seconds, I can hear a fan spinning but it stops then starts and continues like this.

Any advice appreciated

Check to make sure all the power cables are in tightly, ie 24 pin atx connector, 4pin cpu connector etc. I have come accross machines where these have come loose

Nick

Advertisement