Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Less than half price Chimneas Argos

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Lima Golf

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3451326.htm#tabrev
    This one is the same price with better reviews. Might just pick 1 up. I need something to keep us warm in the garden, other than this beautiful Irish summer. Thanks op

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Is metal better than clay?

Just seen in the reviews of the clay one, someone mentioned it began to crack after an hour of use. Someone else mentioned you need to put some type of sealer on it. No reviews stating that about the metal one. So yes, IMO metal beats clay!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 432 ✭✭The Fool

They are also on special in B&Q (airside).
    Only noticed clay ones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

Lima Golf wrote: »
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3451326.htm#tabrev
    This one is the same price with better reviews. Might just pick 1 up. I need something to keep us warm in the garden, other than this beautiful Irish summer. Thanks op

According to checkargos.ie I'm afraid there are none in stock in ireland

• Advertisement

Oops! My bad :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Be careful of the 'Less than Half-Price' propaganda.
    * Please note item 3450949 has previously been on sale at €40.49.

Current selling price valid until 03/07/2012

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

Yamanoto wrote: »
    Be careful of the 'Less than Half-Price' propaganda.

I read that to mean that the initial price was €90 odd euro, but the most recent selling price was €40.49. So it is still less than half its original price. And as far as I know the item has to be on sale for a period of time at the original price before it can be labelled as a sale item
    (b) The goods must be offered for sale at the higher price for a reasonable preceding period that would allow consumers sufficient time to:
    • Become aware of the availability of the goods to be acquired;
    • View the goods; and
    • Make up their minds whether to purchase them
    http://corporate.nca.ie/eng/Business_Zone/Consumer_Protection_Act_and_the_Retail_Sector/was-now.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,432 ✭✭✭ando

Dont forget about the delivery charge added onto the cost

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,352 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

The Fool wrote: »
    They are also on special in B&Q (airside).
    Only noticed clay ones

saw the B&Q flyer. They have a bigger model for €36. I got the metal model previously because the clay ones need some sort of weaning in and I wanted to use it the day I got it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

B&Q have large ones on sale for 36 euro this Saturday and Sunday only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,595 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

/I have a reservation for the one originally posted for Omni Park, Santry if anyone wants it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,067 ✭✭✭gipi

ando wrote: »
    Dont forget about the delivery charge added onto the cost

No delivery charge with either of the 2 Argos items mentioned above, they can be collected from the store (assuming they're in stock!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

/I have a reservation for the one originally posted for Omni Park, Santry if anyone wants it

The clay one or the iron one? If it's the iron one, I'd take it. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,595 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

The clay one or the iron one? If it's the iron one, I'd take it. Thanks.

Sorry its expired

paddy147 wrote: »
    B&Q have large ones on sale for 36 euro this Saturday and Sunday only.

went into B&Q on Fri evening on the off chance they may have already started to mark things down (which they sometimes do) but alas no. They had about 20 on the shelf. I went back Sat morning at 10.30 and they were all gone - sales assistant said store opened at 8am they were all gone by 9am! One guy bought 5!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

I got the metal model previously because the clay ones need some sort of weaning in and I wanted to use it the day I got it.

Yeah I got a nice clay one from Woodies at the start of summer. The clay aren't really made for this climate. Ours said to build several small fires to break it in. You also put sand at the bottom and aren't meant to use firelighters. No idea how long it will last. If you can't just chuck in a firelighter and a few briquettes when you're in the mood to sit out, what good is it? If it cracks and falls apart I'll replace it with a metal one. But hopefully it will last a couple years even if I do abuse it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

Little Ted wrote: »
    went into B&Q on Fri evening on the off chance they may have already started to mark things down (which they sometimes do) but alas no. They had about 20 on the shelf. I went back Sat morning at 10.30 and they were all gone - sales assistant said store opened at 8am they were all gone by 9am! One guy bought 5!

/Checks adverts...

Theres always one plonker. Surely they should have limited it to at most 2 per person.

sweetie wrote: »
    /Checks adverts...

Theres always one plonker. Surely they should have limited it to at most 2 per person.

Yeah I know! I thought I might have had a chance of getting one, seeing as there were at least 20 on the shelf the night before just before they closed!
    As for Argos - there are two in stock in Drogheda (one is reserved for me, but I managed to get one ordered into Swords for this weekend, so that suits me better, so if anyone wants the one in Drogheda the reservation expires today and then it will be available for anyone to take). You seem to be able to order them into Santry and Swords for collection at the weekend, and there are some stock in the Ilac centre (all for the clay one I should add)

Folks, for anyone who missed out, Tesco now also have the metal ones at €36 (or thereabouts). I wish I had missed out now! I got a clay one, but would have rather a metal one. Never mind!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,948 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Supervalu (Trim) have cast iron ones, the ones wit the iron mesh all the way round, for €40.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

its €45 on the site now. i got a bin and a cd rack today, both were reduced to less then half price

Advertisement