Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clareman - Q&A

• 29-06-2012 12:18pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I just noticed earlier that my 5,000th post was coming up and I figured I'd better mark it somehow, as this forum is where I do most of my posting I figured it'd be the best place to mark it (no offence to the other Mid-West forums or the GAA). I also did know how to best mark it so I thought I'd do a Q&A Session, so feel free to ask me anything you'd like to know about me or what I think of stuff, I'll be honest in my answers.

I realize now that this sounds very full of myself, but hey ho I have to mark 5k somehow I guess.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

OK, here is one..

Where do you believe the Clare/Limerick boundaries should be?

1. For Inter county GAA
    2. For City/County admin and council services.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

For GAA I think parish/county boundaries are spot on, you have to have something to go by and these are used by educational services so they seem to work ok most of the time.

For administrative purposes, I really think that Irish people have to start to realize that we really are a small country that is wrapped in a ball of red tape, having 26 different administrations for stuff just because that's the way it also has been is a bit of a joke, it's as easy/difficult to have 1 medium size administration than it is to have 4 or 5 small ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭redzerologhlen

Is it true Clareman the you have 12 fingers and only 7 toes? :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Fully normally digits, although I have broken 7 fingers playing hurling and football, dislocated by thumb playing hurling as well, that's by far the worse injury I've had playing sport I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

You're following in the footsteps of DeVore (One of the founding members of Boards.ie) he had a Q&A session a few months back too.

I just want to know why it has taken you from 2004 to 2012 to clock up 5,000 posts? ;):D

Congratulations on your 5,000th post!

50050.jpg

• Advertisement

I'm thinking more along the lines of the old "In the Well" days from the Poker forum when folks reaching 1, 5 and 10k answered questions.

I tend to read most of my posts before posting them, I'd say if I was to click post after just writing them I'd have 10k posts now :) Also, I used to have an old account on here but I got a job in a company with no personal internet access and forgot the username and password so Clareman was born.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 395 ✭✭Carazy

Are you really from Clare?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 178 ✭✭pilate 1

MrsD007 wrote: »
    You're following in the footsteps of DeVore (One of the founding members of Boards.ie) he had a Q&A session a few months back too.

I just want to know why it has taken you from 2004 to 2012 to clock up 5,000 posts? ;):D

Congratulations on your 5,000th post!

50050.jpg

id like to know how you have so many in less than 4 years! youre either retired
    or work in the public service:rolleyes:

Carazy wrote: »
    Are you really from Clare?

Yup, born and bred, well born in Limerick technically. The oldest surviving photo of me is of me in a Clare onesie that my mother had knitted for me for the '78 league final.

pilate 1 wrote: »

Nope, over 30 years to go before retirement, I've never worked for the public service, I've worked for some of the biggest multi-nationals based in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Do you think we will have to wait 81 more years to win Liam?

I don't think we'll have to wait as long, the back door system means that more and more teams will get there sooner (hopefully), I do believe that we won't get anywhere with the current people in charge of the senior team and (more importantly) the county board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

pilate 1 wrote: »
    Neither, just excellent at multi-tasking ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

What are your thoughts on One Direction?

I have double your posts, does that make me cooler or sadder than you?

Davy fitz - are you a hater?

Would you ever consider making me a mod? :):):):):)

Favourite type of cheese?

What are your thoughts on One Direction?
    None, sorry
    I have double your posts, does that make me cooler or sadder than you?
    It's not a competition, we're just both fans of social media :)
    Davy fitz - are you a hater?
    I wouldn't say hater, I think he was a great servant of Clare hurling as a player, who will ever forget the penalty in Thurlas in 95 or the save from Leahy in 97? I do have a massive problem however with his father being so involved in the county board setup while he's manager, it reminds me of an episode of The Borgias.
    Would you ever consider making me a mod? :):):):):)
    Not up to me, would you like to be a mod?
    Favourite type of cheese?
    I've been lucky to have been a lot of places around the world thanks to work, 1 time I was in the north of Italy sitting outside a local bar with a couple of colleagues, I couldn't speak Italian, they had very little English, sitting down, having some lovely wine and then some melted cheese and olives were brought out (with crackers), don't know the name of it to this day, but that's my favourite type :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭poppyvally

What is your favourite kind of music?

I'm a grunge head really, had a ticket for the Nirvana concert that never happened :( Pearl Jam would be my favourite band, but I've over a terabyte of music on my server, I could listen to anything, I really don't like "talent" shows though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

Are you married ;)

I am indeed, happily married to a woman far too good for me, and no she's not a member of boards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

Clareman wrote: »
    I am indeed, happily married to a woman far too good for me, and no she's not a member of boards

Brilliant answer and your probably right!!

So, next one when are you organising the first singles night for boards members in the Ennis area??

• Advertisement

There's plenty of cattle marts to meet up in Ennis, in fact I met herself in 1 of them ;)

mEnnis can't be overloaded with men looking for wives not friends though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭MyKeyG

Have you any idea who took the horse to France?
    Would you give someone you loved your last rollo?
    How do they get the figs into the fig roll?
    AND
    Are those my feet?

MyKeyG wrote: »
    Have you any idea who took the horse to France?
    I would only assume that her husband Mr. Bueller brought her.
    Would you give someone you loved your last rollo?
    Mrs. Clareman is currently pregnant with our first child, she can have whatever she wants, I know better than to get in her way.
    How do they get the figs into the fig roll?
    I do, but I can't be telling
    AND
    Are those my feet?
    What feet? Those feet or these feet? Nevermind those, how about the ankles?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,468 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Did you make that avatar picture yourself?

Nope, I got it off a site that had them for all counties years ago, no idea where now though.

Just one more on my previous post. Do you know if the horse was taken to France for sporting, breeding or culinary purposes?

I think she was brought there for fashion week

Clareman wrote: »
    I think she was brought there for fashion week
    She was a fine filly alright.

I believe Ted Walsh rode her mother

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Do you play any other sports and are you any good at it/them?

Advertisement