Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clareman - Q&A

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I played hurling and football underage at a high level, I also played senior rugby. I also play snooker and pool as well as astro turf soccer, unfortunately though I have the knees of a 60 year old so I'll be sticking to watching most sport on TV from now on :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭MyKeyG

Clareman wrote: »
    I believe Ted Walsh rode her mother
    Then when she got too old he shot her! Jayz if only twas the same way for humans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭poppyvally

MyKeyG wrote: »
    Just one more on my previous post. Do you know if the horse was taken to France for sporting, breeding or culinary purposes?

Oh! mikey...give over with the ads!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭poppyvally

Do you get your 5 a day and what do you do to relax?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Nothing near my 5 a day, very bad eating habbits, whatever is the press I'll eat, very bad self control as well when it comes to eating junk, but I enjoy cooking & baking.

To relax, I used to be a massive sports head, but age is catching up with me so I'm giving up most of that now. I'm a geek so video games and boards is a good relaxing tool. I also like hanging out with friends and family, unfortunately until you lose people close to you you won't realise how important having people close to you can be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭MyKeyG

poppyvally wrote: »
    MyKeyG wrote: »
    Just one more on my previous post. Do you know if the horse was taken to France for sporting, breeding or culinary purposes?

Oh! mikey...give over with the ads!
    Ads! You get these in Ireland too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 347 ✭✭haybob

1) Tea or Coffee
    2) Milk and sugar
    3) Best dinner out in the county lately
    4) Davy or Daly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

Will Clare beat Dublin?

1) If I'm visiting someone tea, otherwise coffee, nothing worse than being offered a coffee and then see the jar of Maxwell House being taken out (yes I am a coffee snob).

2) Just milk please

3) Was in JP Clarke's on Friday night, was fantastic, before that it was Sunday Lunch in The Corofin Arms.

4) Neither thanks, it's about time we cut the ties to the team of the 90s.

[-0-] wrote: »
    Will Clare beat Dublin?

They can beat them, but with the manager being so distracted with other things I can't see it happen unfortunately.

• Advertisement

Clareman if you're ever in Galway go to McSwiggans and get the cajun fillet steak. Has to be the cajun fillet! Best steak I've had in a long time.

Dublin will like Ennis as it's narrow which suits them. I really hope Clare can do it though. I'm living abroad so I'm not as in tune with everything that is going on. What distractions does Davy have?

Will do.

He's opening a new bar on Friday night and rumours are rife that his other businesses are struggling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 395 ✭✭Carazy

Do you think the Sports section of local papers are well taught out and the writers show a knowledge of Clare sports or just second hand info thrown down on broadsheet?

The Clare sportsperson you most admire?

Favourite place in Clare to watch sunset?

Carazy wrote: »
    Do you think the Sports section of local papers are well taught out and the writers show a knowledge of Clare sports or just second hand info thrown down on broadsheet?

I rarely buy the local papers but I would have high regard for Joe O'Muircheartaigh and Seamus Hayes, they seem to have a lot of knowledge of local activities.

The Clare sportsperson you most admire?
    We're blessed with some great sports people down through the years, it's very hard to narrow down to 1. In hurling, I think Conor Clancy was greatly under-rated from the Clare team of the 90s, how he didn't get man of the match for the 95 final I'll never know. Football, Noel Roche was amazing down through the years, hard to believe it's 20 years since we won Munster. Catherine O'Loughlin is a brilliant Camoige player, if some of the men had the same skill and work ethic as her we'd have won a lot more. Marcus Horan has been a great servant to Munster and Ireland Rugby down through the years.

Favourite place in Clare to watch sunset?
    At the pollock holes in Kilkee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Did you watch the Euros Final last night?

What's your favourite all time TV show?

Oh, and where is Davy opening a new pub. His other pub is the Bellsfort. It has been very quiet out there since he took over, bad luck/timing taking it over what with the clampdown on drinkdriving that preceeded it.

Did you watch the Euros Final last night?
    I did indeed, had a few pints with a few friends watching it.

What's your favourite all time TV show?
    Oh wow, now that's a difficult 1. I guess if I had to pick 1 it would be The Sopranos, I love the way it's all linked together, stuff that happened in the first season would have relevance in the last. Other shows I would rate highly would be Blackadder and Reeling in the Years. As for shows that are still running, Sons of Anarchy would be top of the list with True Blood, Game of Thrones and Boardwalk Empire.

Oh, and where is Davy opening a new pub. His other pub is the Bellsfort. It has been very quiet out there since he took over, bad luck/timing taking it over what with the clampdown on drinkdriving that preceeded it.
    He's taking over Sullies (All Bar One, Peter Considine's)

Will do.

He's opening a new bar on Friday night and rumours are rife that his other businesses are struggling.

Where is the bar opening?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭The Dagda

Will do.

He's got 2 other businesses, what the **** have you got?!

;-)

[-0-] wrote: »
    Where is the bar opening?

He's taking over All Bar One/Sullies/Considine's, the bar on Abbey Street across from Abbrakebra

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 308 ✭✭jakko86

heard he has bought brendan graces in killaloe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Do you still have your Nirvana ticket?

Nope, the 20 odd pounds were more important to me back then :(

Who will win the county hurling championship this year
    dunnes or tesco
    lidl or aldi
    bus or train
    united or city

haybob wrote: »
    Who will win the county hurling championship this year
    Hard to see past Newmarket or Cratloe.
    dunnes or tesco
    Tesco
    lidl or aldi
    Aldi (but it depends on what's on offer really)
    bus or train
    Train every time.
    united or city
    United

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

I'd agree with you on Cratloe. They are looking very strong.

It's a joke the way the county championship is ran in Clare, there is no reason why there can't be club games every weekend, players are as likely to get injured in training (or climbing a mountain) as they are in games, you aren't going to find any new hurlers by playing matches in October. Also, how are you supposed to get players ready for matches when they have ~10 weeks gap between round 1 and 2?

It's a joke the way the county championship is ran in Clare, there is no reason why there can't be club games every weekend, players are as likely to get injured in training (or climbing a mountain) as they are in games, you aren't going to find any new hurlers by playing matches in October. Also, how are you supposed to get players ready for matches when they have ~10 weeks gap between round 1 and 2?

Newmarket ????? I seem to hear that ever year, I'd fancy Clonlara myself 2 Donnovans, Nicky, Conlon, Honan and Galvin and a lot of good club hurlers too.

The 3 in a row might be too much for Crusheen

Couldn't agree more about the club championship and the football is worse

The footballers are always treated as second class citizens, I honestly believe if it wasn't for the 92 footballers that the 95/7 teams wouldn't have gotten anywhere.

It's hard to rule anyone out of the running at this stage, there's a couple of very difficult groups in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,435 ✭✭✭squonk

- The Clare People or The Champion?
    - Who is your favourite Clare musician?
    - Just like GMIT, shouldn't we insist Limerick IT be renamed Clare Limerick IT just for the craic we'd get out of the accronym? :)

• Advertisement

squonk wrote: »
    - The Clare People or The Champion?
    Champion - the People lost a lot of "brownie" points with the picture of the footballer with his equipment on show
    - Who is your favourite Clare musician?
    Sharon Shannon :D
    - Just like GMIT, shouldn't we insist Limerick IT be renamed Clare Limerick IT just for the craic we'd get out of the accronym? :)
    Mini-Rant time here. It doesn't matter what they are called, they should all be just geared towards educating people, all IT's should equal and should be Irish or regional rather than county/city.
    But I think Tralee should be renamed Tralee IT, the place in Thurlas be called Tipperary IT and have Clare Limerick IT as well, that way there'd be a pair for T.I.T.s and a C.L.I.T. in Munster

Advertisement