Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Low Profile G Card Upgrade

Options
  • 29-06-2012 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭

I have a Dell C521 with a Radeon 256 X1650pro HDMI which i wish to output via hdmi to an amp for connection to tv & surround sound system. (no gaming, just HTPC)

The dell doesnt have a spdif internal connector

Having searched online, it would appear itd be as cheap to replace the graphics card as try to get a sound card with internal spdif out.

Can anyone recommend a graphics card which will pass sound and video over hdmi without spdif but fit the small form factor C521

I also have a dell dimension 3100 in the house which would be similar spec that i could use if that would be a better way to go (although may be a tight squeeze in the storage press its going in

budget is in or around €50 max

(I really only need 1080i as the cables running in the wall wont carry 1080p from source to tv)

Advertisement