Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NGN for ROK

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭ctlsleh

One final question Alan, do you know if I have dedicated 2 pairs on my line to the exchange?
    I definitely have more than 2 pairs coming into the house, but don't know how they are terminated on the eircom side....?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

ctlsleh wrote: »
    Hi Alan,
    That would be great, thanks.....getting huge congestion these days. Is it possible to,move the line to a closer cabinet if I find one?
    Also can you determine the distance from my cab based on line measurements?
    Do you then have the ability to determine if there is a closer cab?

Thx,
    Eoin

Hi ctlsleh

I have run a test on your line and indications show that your line may be able to currently hold up to 17mb.

Unfortunately I cannot determine the distance of your line to the cab or determine if there is a closer one but I would like to assure you that I feel that when fibre is launched you will be quite happy with the speeds and service.

Also, I can't give you any further info on fibre in your area until much closer to launch date (hopefully towards end of may) but I do believe that you will be quite pleased with the service.

Regards

Al

Hi ctlsleh

I have run a test on your line and indications show that your line may be able to currently hold up to 17mb.

Unfortunately I cannot determine the distance of your line to the cab or determine if there is a closer one but I would like to assure you that feel that when fibre is launched you will be quite happy with the speeds and service.

Also, I can't give you any further info on fibre in your area until much closer to launch date (hopefully towards end of may) but I do believe that you will be quite pleased with the service.

Regards

Al

Hi Alan,

Can you provide me with an update now as you've launched? I saw the guys set up the cabinet a few months and it had equipment in the new cab, so should be ready to go live? But not showing on the eircom map...?

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi Alan,

Can you provide me with an update now as you've launched? I saw the guys set up the cabinet a few months and it had equipment in the new cab, so should be ready to go live? But not showing on the eircom map...?

Thanks.

Hi ctlsleh,

Have you checked your tel no: on the efibre website?

https://secure.eircom.net/fibre/

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark,
    I tried it as an Eircom customer and it says not availalbe, and i tried it as a non eircom customer and its showing my neighbours address (a few houses away, No. 16 in the estate vs my No. 10) as being availalbe.......also im reading on the boards that the eircom webiste checker is not accurate.....?

However the eircom guys at the exchange told me it was all set to go live.....?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Freddy Smelly

Any idea what Rockmount exchange is running? and if it will be upgraded to NGN?
    The eircom website suggests that i can only get standard eircom broadband @ 24Mb, whats the difference between std BB @ 24Mb and NGN broadband at 24Mb, is it ADSL vs ADSL2+.....?
    thanks,
    Eoin
    NGN = upto 24mb
    NGA = efibre enabled

NGN = upto 24mb
    NGA = efibre enabled

Thanks Freddy Smelly

Mark

Hi Mark,
    I tried it as an Eircom customer and it says not availalbe, and i tried it as a non eircom customer and its showing my neighbours address (a few houses away, No. 16 in the estate vs my No. 10) as being availalbe.......also im reading on the boards that the eircom webiste checker is not accurate.....?

However the eircom guys at the exchange told me it was all set to go live.....?

Hi ctlsleh

Can you PM me with your tel no: and exact address and I can look into it for you.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement