Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Appeal Mod decision

Options
  • 29-06-2012 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭

I'd like to appeal against the following red card I received in the Soccer Forum.
    I've been in contact with more than one mod via PM including the mod who gave me the red card and assured it would be resolved soon but that was last Sunday June 24th.
    I think I have been very patient waiting for a reply and seeing as it hasn't been sorted at this stage I would like to have it resolved here.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=79346875&postcount=670

Any further information please feel free to ask. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Give it another week. The reversal process can be slow at times. If it's not sorted by then, come back here and I'll look into it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Khannie wrote: »
    Give it another week. The reversal process can be slow at times. If it's not sorted by then, come back here and I'll look into it for you.

Just to be clear Khannie, I'm appealing any infraction for the post.
    PHB offered to reduce it to a yellow.
    I believe it should be wiped clear totally.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

amiable wrote: »
    Yes it was aimed at you but I thought even the most simple brain would get that seeing as you are quoted and I said 'you'
    Please be advised that I am familiar with this particular red card issued to you 23 June 2012, as well as the comment within the post it referenced (above).

The "simple brain" reference to the other poster was unfortunate, as well as actionable. The question now remains, what action would be appropriate?

Before issuing the red card, the Mod consulted your history, and found:
    • Yellow card warnings = 9
    • Red card infractions = 8 (including this red card)
    • Bans = 6
    • Number of different mods actioning = 11
    Given this poor history, the actioning mod felt that a yellow card would be insufficient to motivate you to conform with the charter in the future, and escalated it to a red card.

The actioning mod later consulted with the Soccer mod team, as well as with me regarding this issue, and because the comment in your thread would normally not deserve a red card, but was actionable, it was decided to reduce your red card to a yellow "gentle reminder" warning.

A request has been made to Admin to reverse the red card. It may take a day or more to effect this change, as we are all volunteers with commitments outside of boards. It will then be replaced with a yellow card "gentle reminder" asking you to be a bit more cautious in your posting style on the Soccer forum.

I agree that this post was actionable, and the yellow card warning appropriate.

This completes the Sports Cmod review. If you wish Admin review, Khannie has already offered to assist you in the next stage of DRP.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Black Swan wrote: »
    Please be advised that I am familiar with this particular red card issued to you 23 June 2012, as well as the comment within the post it referenced (above).

The "simple brain" reference to the other poster was unfortunate, as well as actionable. The question now remains, what action would be appropriate?

Before issuing the red card, the Mod consulted your history, and found:
    • Yellow card warnings = 9
    • Red card infractions = 8
    • Bans = 6
    • Number of different mods actioning = 11
    Given this poor history, the actioning mod felt that a yellow card would be insufficient to motivate you to conform with the charter in the future, and escalated it to a red card.

The actioning mod later consulted with the Soccer mod team, as well as with me regarding this issue, and because the comment in your thread would normally not deserve a red card, but was actionable, it was decided to reduce your red card to a yellow "gentle reminder" warning.

A request has been made to Admin to reverse the red card. It may take a day or more to effect this change, as we are all volunteers with commitments outside of boards. It will then be replaced with a yellow card "gentle reminder" asking you to be a bit more cautious in your posting style on the Soccer forum.

I agree that this post was actionable, and the yellow card warning appropriate.

This completes the Sports Cmod review. If you wish Admin review, Khannie has already offered to assist you in the next stage of DRP.

I don't see the relevance to of my general boards history to the Soccer Forum in this case.
    Add to that another Forum Mod dealt with the issue on thread and by PM and stated no further action needs to be taken.
    I know very well that mods are busy and I appreciate that but given that the Mod who dealt with me was replying on the Feedback thread last weekend that this was being dealt with and would be resolved soon yet I haven't received a reply nearly a week later.
    I was also commended for the way I went about trying to resolve this issue the correct way by the mod that infracted me and other mods.
    I genuinely didn't abuse any body in the post.
    I stated even a simple mind would understand. Implying that the poster I quoted wasn't simple so he would understand but was playing dumb.

You mention Khannie, I have PM's from him commending me also on a DRP he oversaw before too which he stated if we ever crossed paths again it would stand to me.

I'm asking you to read the post again with the knowledge that I have supplied here.

I don't see the relevance to of my general boards history to the Soccer Forum in this case.

If you have a heap load of bans and infractions, it speaks about the type of poster you are. Mods, cat mods and admins always take your previous history into account and that's what happened here (just like you want me to take your previous history of civility at DRP into consideration :)).

You had previously been carded for calling this exact user "simple". Of course the mod is to assume that you're calling the same user simple again when you say:
    Yes it was aimed at you but I thought even the most simple brain would get that seeing as you are quoted and I said 'you'

So your history goes against you here. If you had never had the previous yellow I think we all would have let this one slide with your explanation. That's not the case though. On its own it's borderline actionable, but given your history of calling that poster simple it's definitely worthy of a yellow IMO. You'll have to be very careful with your use of the world "simple" around this user in future.

The red was harsh. The mod acknowledged that and reduced it to a yellow. I think that was a fair compromise.

Resolved.

• Advertisement

Some new information has been sent to me by PM so I'm going to look into this a bit more.....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement