Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change in Dog Food - suggestions?

• 29-06-2012 1:14pm

I have an 8 month old White GSD. We are feeding her Royal Canin Junior. Over the last couple of months she has gone off the food. Today we put out her food at 9am and she has barely touched it. She is very healthy and happy.
    Does anyone have a suggestions for other healthy foods I could try that are easily available? She is totally not a food driven dog so it makes training that bit more difficult.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

We tried many before finally going with Robbies and our very fussy, non food driven retriever cross loves it. Well enough to eat her food everyday. Our jack russell would eat anything. :rolleyes:
    Also James Welbeloved is a very decent food

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭falabo

I have learnty over the past 2 years that sometimes dogs get an upset stomach, just like it could happen to us.

My dogs get very high quality food but sometimes they just wont touch it . . . I have also noticed that when this happens, I take them for a walk, they do their business, the gargling noise in their stomach is gone and they eat again ....

also they eat a lot of grass and sometimes they will not too well until they throw up ....

as long as they drink and are happy I wouldn't worry too much, only past 24 hours but generally dogs wont let themselves starve or if they do then it's a very worrying sign.

Advertisement