Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Godzilla (2014)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,262 ✭✭✭Elessar

Yes! YEEEESSSSSS!!!

Seems like a proper epic blockbuster, can't wait!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Anyone got theories on the other monsters in the trailer? I am convinced I saw Rodan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Goldstein

Thought that might be Rodan alright emerging from the clouds and diving into the water with wings tucked back. There's the insect claw we see stamp down which looks reminiscent of a spider or mantis. No idea about the orange-glowing tentacle that looks to be grabbing a missile.

Goldstein wrote: »
    Thought that might be Rodan alright emerging from the clouds and diving into the water with wings tucked back. There's the insect claw we see stamp down which looks reminiscent of a spider or mantis. No idea about the orange-glowing tentacle that looks to be grabbing a missile.

Tentacle monster could be Dogora.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

looks a bit by the numbers, if they introduce another monster then all will be well but just having a disaster movie starring a big monster is some thing we have already seen. I hope this turns out better than I expect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

looks a bit by the numbers, if they introduce another monster then all will be well but just having a disaster movie starring a big monster is some thing we have already seen. I hope this turns out better than I expect.

By all accounts it is monsters rather than just having one other monster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

bryan cranston whining?

Yes. Again. But I must have been extra tired last night becuase I thought you wrote ''Bryan Cranston winning?'' and lol'd :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Magicknight94

This is gonna be epic \m/

Bryan Cranston's character seems to be a mixture of Heisenberg and Hal. Halenberg. I like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Kess73 wrote: »

If that is the case then it would peak my interest, I used to be a big fan of the Japanese films when I was a kid, mostly recorded from Channel 4.

• Advertisement

Not bothering with the trailers as I want to see this knowing as little as possible. Happened to see a trailer for the upcoming Spider-Man in the cinena last week and feel as if I've seen the entire thing given that they condensed the entire plot down into a handy 2 minutes

I think having multiple mobsters is the way to go, especially if they plan to develop the character somewhat beyond being an unstoppable killing machine.

If that is the case then it would peak my interest, I used to be a big fan of the Japanese films when I was a kid, mostly recorded from Channel 4.

You and me both. My favourite one was the one with King Ghidorah from 1991, used to watch that quite regularly as a kid. Been hunting for the DVDs of those movies for a while . . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

thats really got me interested.

have to say this years looking like a good one for me on the genre front. good the see the innovative direction style is being kept too.

cant wait.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Honestly Ill probably watch this film just because of Cranston...And I agree about not watching the trailers, recently trailers seem to spoil most of the best scenes from films

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Not bothering with the trailers as I want to see this knowing as little as possible. Happened to see a trailer for the upcoming Spider-Man in the cinena last week and feel as if I've seen the entire thing given that they condensed the entire plot down into a handy 2 minutes

I think having multiple mobsters is the way to go, especially if they plan to develop the character somewhat beyond being an unstoppable killing machine.

Yeah, New York getting annihilated by Joe Pesci and Robert De Niro would be epic on all sorts of scales.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

CatInABox wrote: »
    Yeah, New York getting annihilated by Joe Pesci and Robert De Niro would be epic on all sorts of scales.

"You talking to me?"

*Fireball*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

There was a leaked trailer online a few months ago that showed another monster. Looked like it was dead, and had numerous arms.
    And in the latest trailer there seems to a large creature that break cloud cover (winged monster).

I have a feeling we'll see a number of different monsters. Really looking forward to this movie since I heard who was directing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Channel 4 was great in the 1980's and early 1990's for anyone who enjoyed the original Godzilla films.

They also went through a phase of showing a Kurosawa film (nowt to do with the big green guy I know) every weekend which introduced me to films that blew my young mind.

The great thing is that, some 20 to 30 years later, the same films that blew my mind back then still have the same effect on me, and the creature features I loved back then are still just as enjoyable to watch today.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Channel 4 was great in the 1980's and early 1990's for anyone who enjoyed the original Godzilla films.

They also went through a phase of showing a Kurosawa film (nowt to do with the big green guy I know) every weekend which introduced me to films that blew my young mind.

The great thing is that, some 20 to 30 years later, the same films that blew my mind back then still have the same effect on me, and the creature features I loved back then are still just as enjoyable to watch today.

Yeah, same for Shaw brothers movies, old Jackie Chan films and Bruce Lee as well as the Asia Extreme stuff. There was a few channels on sky when we first got it in the house that were great for that stuff too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

That would be totally wicked!!:p

IGN did a Q&A with Director Gareth Edwards, and at the very end they said this:

"We also learned a plot point that makes the film 400% more awesome, but Gareth swore us all to secrecy so we’re not going to spoil it here. But trust us, when this information comes out, you’re going to be impressed."

The rumoured second monster perhaps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Corholio wrote: »

"We also learned a plot point that makes the film 400% more awesome, but Gareth swore us all to secrecy so we’re not going to spoil it here. But trust us, when this information comes out, you’re going to be impressed."

Bryan Cranston plays Hal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Or Heisenberg and he uses Godzilla to sell blue meth to all the other monsters :P

Godzilla is really Skylar!!???
    Looks about right and has a killer whine!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Corholio wrote: »

Godzuki?

As long as Mecha-Streisand makes an appearance, then all will be well

Ipso wrote: »
    Godzuki?
    Someone read the Empire Magazine article ;) :P

Shur didn't the last flick have bucket loads of Godzuki in the stadium

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Nah, I remember Godzuki from the old Saturday morning Godzilla cartoon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Brock was the real star of that show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

I wish. I'm just that bloody old.

This is the second monster. It's an actual shot taken from the film :pac:

It really is the second monster though.

godzilla-muto.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭jimboblep

Anyone seen the new trailer
    Does it Look like some kind of flying monster in one scene

jimboblep wrote: »
    Anyone seen the new trailer
    Does it Look like some kind of flying monster in one scene

It's the same bit that was shown in the second trailer, though only for a split second then - now we get a longer look at it.

Here's the trailer for those who haven't seen it. There's a few new seconds of footage, but nothing spoilery imo (other than
    visual confirmation of the flying kaiju
    ).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Absolutely freaking the lid for this one. Like many, fascination with Godzilla as a kid.

Hopefully as mentioned this isn't a case of human fighting Godzilla, simply don't think that can work. Must be hopelessness and then just pure carnage in monster v monster.

Co incidently had no idea of this movie, and watched Pacific Rim saying to the misses "They need a new godzilla".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

A new extended trailer

HYPE!

Great trailer, but it does contain a rather blatant spoiler (unless it's a red herring, but still).

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Great trailer, but it does contain a rather blatant spoiler (unless it's a red herring, but still).

You mean
    Juliet Binoche getting offed?
    They've been making it look that way since the teaser.

Nowhere near as blatant in the earlier trailers though, imo.

Nowhere near as blatant in the earlier trailers though, imo.

Hopefully it's misdirection but it doesn't look likely. It seems to be the main motivation behind Cranston's character for the film.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Seems fairly clear by now that
    Godzilla's not the only beastie in this; it was reported here and there, but these trailers are confirming their presence with fleeting glances.
    I'm still refusing to get overly excited about this; tempered expectations are the order of the day here I think...

Mickeroo wrote: »
    You mean
    Juliet Binoche getting offed?
    They've been making it look that way since the teaser.

I thought it was quite obvious that it happens, and it will happen within the first 10mins of the movie?

I thought it was quite obvious that it happens, and it will happen within the first 10mins of the movie?

Yeah, that's kind of what we are saying. :)

That's the thing though - I didn't think it was obvious until this new trailer... 'twas only suggested before really. Still doesn't diminsh my excitement for this though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Leaked preview from Wondercon
    (Spoilers!) You've been warned ;)

tumblr_me0s4pOgwC1rrc78e.gif

Or watching

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Happily that video has been pulled by Warner Bros.; I definitely think I'm done with the promos and trailers, having acquired a nice middle-ground between just enough and too much information.

Or, to put it another way, I'm not watching any more promos in case they go all 'Amazing Spiderman' and reveal everything :)

Advertisement