Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB online banking registration code.

Options
  • 29-06-2012 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

I haven't used online banking in a while and I've forgotten my code (I thought I knew it but the site says otherwise). I tried ringing the helpline number but it asks for the code too. Also I can't go to my branch and get a new one because I'm in Lanzarote and will be until January. It's my only way of checking my balance. Does anyone know of a way to get my registration number without visiting my branch? I know my PAC if that's of any use.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭n0brain3r

Is it not just your birthday with 2 digits appended e.g. If I was born today mind would be 29062012XX where xx are random. I know that's what mine is but I signed up in 2001 so it may have changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭roro2

29062012XX

290612XX actually - 8 digits. Also the case for me, with one digit changed for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

n0brain3r wrote: »
    Is it not just your birthday with 2 digits appended e.g. If I was born today mind would be 29062012XX where xx are random. I know that's what mine is but I signed up in 2001 so it may have changed.
    No it's not that anymore. It's an eight digit number now which, as far as I know, is completely random.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

No it's not that anymore. It's an eight digit number now which, as far as I know, is completely random.

+1

mine was completely random too.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭n0brain3r

roro2 wrote: »
    290612XX actually - 8 digits. Also the case for me, with one digit changed for some reason.

Sorry yes completely right!
    kceire wrote: »
    +1

mine was completely random too.

Ahh kids this days sure I've been around since the birth of the internet! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

n0brain3r wrote: »
    Ahh kids this days sure I've been around since the birth of the internet! :D

still happens in some banks.
    I opened an UB account last month and my online registration code is XXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXX = Date of Birth
    XXXX = 4 digit code

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

So no way to get my reg code then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

i suggest you call telephone banking and speak to an agent.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

call phone banking and press 2 and ask to be transfered or call the number on the back of your card and ask to be transfered. The code will be sent to your home address, so you'll have to get someone to relay it to you.

Advertisement