Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buy a long-handled sickle/scythe in Dublin?

Options
  • 29-06-2012 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hey folks, looking for a particular item for cutting weeds/grass. A long-handled, double edged, sickle or scythe. Imagine a golf club with a long, narrow, double-edged cutting blade. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Sido

I didn't know that they were double edged. I have one and it is single edged. I bought it in Claremorris Co. Mayo - And you would be welcome to it if it is any good - I gave it up years ago for a petrol strimmer - as it was hard work and not very good. The only useful purpose I would put it to is as a "grim reaper" prop on halloween.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 searchforpeg

Sido wrote: »
    I didn't know that they were double edged. I have one and it is single edged. I bought it in Claremorris Co. Mayo - And you would be welcome to it if it is any good - I gave it up years ago for a petrol strimmer - as it was hard work and not very good. The only useful purpose I would put it to is as a "grim reaper" prop on halloween.
    Thanks Sido, sounds like you have a full-on scythe. I'm looking for a smaller tool, suitable for quick golf swing style cutting. Cheers

Sido wrote: »
    Thanks Sido, sounds like you have a full-on scythe. I'm looking for a smaller tool, suitable for quick golf swing style cutting. Cheers

Found what I need. It is a grass whip. Thanks for helping.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭mchammer

Found what I need. It is a grass whip. Thanks for helping.

Just wondering if you managed to find the grass whip anywhere or did you buy online?

• Advertisement
Advertisement